24 years ago today- Axl Rose arrested

19 minutes ago, EvanG said:

He really shouldn't have worn a shirt of his own band... that's just silly.

I guess the police didn't notify him that he would be busted at the airport so he could change his "silly" travelling clothes.

Edited by Blackstar

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

He really shouldn't have worn a shirt of his own band... that's just silly.

No that's a great shirt. Love that he wore it.   He was young n fun and probably didn't have a "wardrobe" person.   He/they just dressed how they wanted.  

43 minutes ago, Original said:

No that's a great shirt. Love that he wore it.   He was young n fun and probably didn't have a "wardrobe" person.   He/they just dressed how they wanted.  

Actually the shirt was designed by Versace. They (Axl) had sort of contract with him to design shirts for each show for the band and crew members.

1 hour ago, Original said:

My point was, it's lame to wear a shirt of your own band, especially when your band is that famous... at least that's my opinion. I like what the Nirvana guys did back in the day, they purposely wore shirts of ''indie'' bands they liked so that their fans would go check out those bands and to give them free publicity. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I guess the police didn't notify him that he would be busted at the airport so he could change his "silly" travelling clothes.

But even during concerts he sometimes wore pants or shirts with his bands name or logo on it... I don't know... each to their own, I guess, to me it just always seemed kinda an ego thing to do.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

My point was, it's lame to wear a shirt of your own band, especially when your band is that famous... at least that's my opinion. I like what the Nirvana guys did back in the day, they purposely wore shirts of ''indie'' bands they liked so that their fans would go check out those bands and to give them free publicity. 

But even during concerts he sometimes wore pants or shirts with his bands name or logo on it... I don't know... each to their own, I guess, to me it just always seemed kinda an ego thing to do.

He rarely did that. On the contrary, he often did something similar with Nirvana, he wore shirts or cups of new or older bands he liked (NWA, Public Enemy, Nirvana, Bauhaus, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc)

... I don't get these strange rules people are constantly on about. Is the 'you can't wear the shirt for the band you are going to see' an off-shoot of the' don't wear your own band's shirt' rule? I think it is silly to be honest. If you like a shirt wear it.

On 12/07/2016 at 11:44 AM, EvanG said:

to me it just always seemed kinda an ego thing to do.

A rockstar with an ego?! They make their living being looked at and listened to, kind of goes with the territory?. Anyway the best rock stars are always hugely egotistical in ways that would just seem awful if regular folk acted like that

5 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

A rockstar with an ego?! They make their living being looked at and listened to, kind of goes with the territory?. Anyway the best rock stars are always hugely egotistical in ways that would just seem awful if regular folk acted like that

No not really, I see them as musicians and being a rockstar means shit to me. And being a musician, which I happen to be myself, is not about ego in my book but about making music... mind boggling concept, isn't it?

I think it's embarrassing when people go all Wayne's World ''we're not worthy, we're not worthy''  just because a band is famous... I couldn't care less, they're just people.

Edited by EvanG

12 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

... I don't get these strange rules people are constantly on about. Is the 'you can't wear the shirt for the band you are going to see' an off-shoot of the' don't wear your own band's shirt' rule? I think it is silly to be honest. If you like a shirt wear it.

There are no rules, do whatever you want. Personally I think it's silly if you wear your own shirt, but each to his own. And why can't you wear a band's shirt if you go see them? Isn't that kinda normal?

Edited by EvanG