Catcher in The Rye is the best song from any GN'R member following UYI 1 and 2

Catcher In The Rye as it was in the 1999 demo with Brian May would have fit perfectly on the Illusion records.  The final version is way too much with all the guitar tracks and things going on, less is more

Very cool that it was soundchecked today, it will be interesting to hear how Slash does the solo

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Catcher In The Rye as it was in the 1999 demo with Brian May would have fit perfectly on the Illusion records.  The final version is way too much with all the guitar tracks and things going on, less is more

Very cool that it was soundchecked today, it will be interesting to hear how Slash does the solo

Today's Brian May birthday, maybe Slash will play his solo :shrugs:

8 hours ago, Liquor & Whores said:

love the song

but worried after Slash slayed both TIL and Sorry solos

Interesting how musical preferences differs that much.

I think TIL never sounded that good. Slash's solo takes this song on a totally other Level.

And while BH's solo on Sorry is high class I love Slash's take too. With all the little fills and he makes it his own.

Out of curiosity I watched the live Versions of these songs with Ashba. Holy shit :blink:! I don't get how some peolpe here claim his takes were better than Slash's.

That's nowhere near the magic Slash creates when playing them.

Never expected CITR to get played. I hoped it would, but figured only CD, Better and TIL would be considered. Thought I'd much prefer CITR, SR & Prostitute.  

Catcher is one of my favorites songs by any band. The outro lyrics are great. I'd love to hear what Slash and Duff do with it, there rework on Better has been great, IMO, and I think Slash could put a nice mix of Brian's take, and the finished product into something great.