10/27/16 - Lima, PE - Estadio Monumental

alfierose

52 minutes ago, slashfan31 said:

I know man! I'll try to periscope something, but every time I've been to that stadium internet coverage seems to be completely awful
I can't believe it's actually tomorrow, I'm still trying to convince myself it's just ONE more day. Completely surreal feeling

They put on a fucking epic show. You'll walk out of that stadium 100% satisfied

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah but people started bashing Axl for no reason whatsoever. Since when does a random guy on twitter count as a reliable source? Once again, over the top drama about nothing at all. Why not wait until you have more credible information than a useless twitter post before attacking someone? It really isn't that hard and we got confirmation that Axl was in fact on the plane with everyone else pretty quickly.

Also, looking at things from Axl's point of view, it really isn't that incomprehensible that he would isolate himself a bit, both back then and now. Back then he was the only one who didn't drink and do drugs out of concern for his voice and because of the meds he was taking, among other reasons). While the rest of them were boozing and doing drugs like there was no tomorrow. It's not fun to hang out with people like that as the only sober guy. Not to mention that there was significant tension between them by the time Axl started to isolate himself more, some of which was also caused by the actions (and non-actions) of Slash and Duff.

And today... Slash and Duff have been friends the entire time, they're practically family, they have wives/girlfriends, children, responsibilities. They're all incredibly close, they celebrate birthdays with each other, Duff's kids call Slash "Uncle Slash", etc. Axl on the other hand is an eternal man-child with a Brazilian nanny and a weird entourage. He leads a completely different life than they do and has only just started to reconnect with Slash and Duff. He missed out on decades of their lives and considering how close they all are, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl feels awkward and out of place among the entire Sluff clan, like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. It will take some time if they really want to get over that.

Great Post :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah but people started bashing Axl for no reason whatsoever. Since when does a random guy on twitter count as a reliable source? Once again, over the top drama about nothing at all. Why not wait until you have more credible information than a useless twitter post before attacking someone? It really isn't that hard and we got confirmation that Axl was in fact on the plane with everyone else pretty quickly.

Also, looking at things from Axl's point of view, it really isn't that incomprehensible that he would isolate himself a bit, both back then and now. Back then he was the only one who didn't drink and do drugs out of concern for his voice and because of the meds he was taking, among other reasons). While the rest of them were boozing and doing drugs like there was no tomorrow. It's not fun to hang out with people like that as the only sober guy. Not to mention that there was significant tension between them by the time Axl started to isolate himself more, some of which was also caused by the actions (and non-actions) of Slash and Duff.

And today... Slash and Duff have been friends the entire time, they're practically family, they have wives/girlfriends, children, responsibilities. They're all incredibly close, they celebrate birthdays with each other, Duff's kids call Slash "Uncle Slash", etc. Axl on the other hand is an eternal man-child with a Brazilian nanny and a weird entourage. He leads a completely different life than they do and has only just started to reconnect with Slash and Duff. He missed out on decades of their lives and considering how close they all are, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl feels awkward and out of place among the entire Sluff clan, like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. It will take some time if they really want to get over that.

You're kidding yourself if you think Axl didn't drink or use drugs through the UYI period. He's not and never has been a teetotaller.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

You're kidding yourself if you think Axl didn't drink or use drugs through the UYI period. He's not and never has been a teetotaller.

I don't think Axl never drank or did drugs. But compared to Slash and Duff? The amount of drugs and alcohol Axl consumed was probably next to nothing.

And it already was like that before the UYI period too. I remember Slash saying that Axl didn't go out drinking with them all that often because it was bad for his voice. Whatever you want to say about Axl, he was handling the drugs and the drinking way more responsibly than the other guys.

1 minute ago, Frey said:

I don't think Axl never drank or did drugs. But compared to Slash and Duff? The amount of drugs and alcohol Axl consumed was probably next to nothing.

And it already was like that before the UYI period too. I remember Slash saying that Axl didn't go out drinking with them all that often because it was bad for his voice. Whatever you want to say about Axl, he was handling the drugs and the drinking way more responsibly than the other guys.

Yeah I mean, Duff said it best. Axl could dabble and experiment, he just wasn't addicted and dependent like slash and duff were 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

No, he hasn't been a teetotaller, but there's a big difference between occasional drinking, smoking pot, even doing some coke once in a while, and having a habit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frey said:

Well you initially said he didn't drink or do drugs, but I agree he didn't have a habit like others.

And really the point is basically what you described, whether addicts or sober family men, there are always going to be reasons why Axl separates himself from Sluff. Because ultimately it isn't really about them.

Though I doubt it's much of an issue as it was previously. There's probably now a better understanding between them all.

Please stop calling Axl mentally ill. Who ever told you he's mentally ill? 

And please just end the plane topic  already. I made one lose comment with lots of IFs, never said he was an asshole, only that if he continued to travel alone in his private plane, showing off, then he would behave and look like an asshole, other than that there were maybe three negative comments, sort of sounding a bit like joke or at least deliberately exaggerated and there come dozens of pseudo psychologists, blowing this out of proportion, explaining to us the inner workings of Axl's mental illness that he dosnt have that supposedly justifies his absence on the plane even though he was present. This is just beyond ridiculous now, let's focus on the show.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

No, he hasn't been a teetotaller, but there's a big difference between occasional drinking, smoking pot, even doing some coke once in a while, and having a habit.

54 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Well you initially said he didn't drink or do drugs, but I agree he didn't have a habit like others.

And really the point is basically what you described, whether addicts or sober family men, there are always going to be reasons why Axl separates himself from Sluff. Because ultimately it isn't really about them.

Though I doubt it's much of an issue as it was previously. There's probably now a better understanding between them all.

I obviously meant what Blackstar said. Thinking he's a teetotaller would be pretty ridiculous.

And no it's not. What I described were legitimate or at least underestandable reasons, provided as counter arguments to people claiming he wasn't on the plane because he's too full of himself or too much of an asshole.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As someone who suffers from various mental illnesses, I cannot express how important space is for internal peace. Axl is Axl. His brain is who he is. I can definitely relate to how Axl feels. Even whenever you make a life change, you'll still have that brain forever. Let the guy have some peace, it doesn't mean he does not consider Slash and Duff his best buddies. I have many close friends who sometimes I just require space from. It's who Axl is: plus remember we only see him on the front of stage, smiling, laughing and being social. We don't see him off stage, how he truly lives his life.

There's also that, yes. Probably plays a role as well.

49 minutes ago, Asia said:

Please stop calling Axl mentally ill. Who ever told you he's mentally ill?

He himself talked about being so depressed he didn't leave the house for years apparently. Some producer even followed him around his house, trying to provoke a reaction from him to get him out of his apathetic state. What else would you call severe depression except a mental illness? And even before the mystery years, it always was pretty obvious that something was off about him. His behavior has been that of a mentally unstable person right from the start. Even Duff has implied on multiple occassions that Axl's mentally ill.

Edited by Frey