10/27/16 - Lima, PE - Estadio Monumental

alfierose

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Nice in the middle, still not quite there, but Still don't understand why he uses that high Mickey voice in the beginning when he can clearly have this voice while running around 

It's just he genuinely thinks that voice is good, the one he does at the start. It's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's just he genuinely thinks that voice is good, the one he does at the start. It's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

It's almost shocking that he uses that voice on a part of the song I wish he wouldn't even sing on. And I'd be even more shocked if he thought that voice was good.  I feel like I'm being trolled every time he starts PC. But oh well, it's just a small part of a huge show that he does overwhelmingly well. I'm surprised so many people are ok with the speed and vocals on PC though, I haven't even watched many performances of the song in a while...it's ruined 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

The songs where he doesn't scream in AC/DC have the same clean singing voice - go listen to the verses of Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, for example

Instead of making a new thread in the ACDC section I went and did some homework, and Axl must have learned to sing Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be because if he used this voice on PC he'd end every show in style

no excuses! Haha the man still has all the right vocals. He just needs someone brave enough to say "hey Axl you're slacking on Paradise City"

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Instead of making a new thread in the ACDC section I went and did some homework, and Axl must have learned to sing Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be because if he used this voice on PC he'd end every show in style

no excuses! Haha the man still has all the right vocals. He just needs someone brave enough to say "hey Axl you're slacking on Paradise City"

Actually, I don't see your point. It's quite poor just as well. Nowhere even near to his voice for example here:

He just doesn't have what he used to have anymore and that's the whole secret. What he does now is obviously the best he can. Love it or leave it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Asia said:

Actually, I don't see your point. It's quite poor just as well. Nowhere even near to his voice for example here:

He just doesn't have what he used to have anymore and that's the whole secret. What he does now is obviously the best he can. Love it or leave it.

Look we all know that voice is gone, but the comparison is what he is currently doing with PC to what he was doing with ACDC. My point is he has other voices to go to besides that high Mickey voice that just doesn't translate well. I posted a video from Osaka in 09 of Axl singing PC and it sounding way better bc he used rasp over that high pitched voice he uses at the start of PC. 

The point being he doesn't have to use his 91 voice to sound good, he sounds great in 2016 he just chooses to sing PC with no power. 

I don't think it's all about rasp.. Just listen TWAT in San Diego. That heavy, clear singing on "If I could go back in time.. To the place in my soul.. There all alone.." It's awesome.

As for yesterdays show I think it was one of the weakest. Vocally I mean.. Is Axl still sick? Someone wrote it some pages back.

Edited by nikosgnr

Axl lost like 70% of the power of his voice, as far as I'm concerned, also large part of his once absolutely unbelievable scale. There are some nights he can bring some of it back and some nights or moments he can't. And that to me is all the secret. Also he has to adjust to it and make changes in certain songs, maybe the choices he makes aren't always the best but maybe they are, maybe for some reason he wouldn't be able to sing PC that way, it's a different song, much faster, very differently phrased. To be honest I trust Axl as an experienced singer more than the experts on the internet. I guess he knows what he's doing.

On 10/27/2016 at 0:02 AM, itsprettytiedup said:

Well, according to a friend that's in Lima, Guns soundchecked the entire setlist. +2hs, but no surprises though. They did Nightrain several times.

2-HOUR PLUS INSTRUMENTAL AXL-LESS SOUNDCHECK? 

fuck if this was actually GNR (izzy, slash, duff and steven) id love very much to listen to that!