10/29/16 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional

alfierose

The guys on SA tend to exagerate things about the shows too much. After the 2 Mexico shows and Lima, on the news reports interviews everybody said that Axl's 90s voice is back, that it was like watching them in their moment of glory...Dude, no. Axl's voice isn't back, he is sounding the same as in 2014 (and hope he doesn't end up sounding like in 2012). Axl's voice was back during the AC/DC tour, but not here. And the band seems like...a bit bored, every night they play the same setlist with no passion at all, it's like AC/DC before Axl, same show every night, nothing changed. And I agree with the guy that said some posts before that Axl put more effort in NA because of the media. In SA, even if Axl gives a show like the one from Bridge School 2012, media will say "Brutal, passionate, century's concert, unique experience", so Axl doesn't care about doing a bad show in SA, and nobody has thrown a bottle yet, if that happens Axl would stop caring about everything

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This.

I'm not saying Axl's voice is perfect or anything, but the dude sounds fine overall. In any case, it's a very Damned If They Do, Damned If They Don't situation IMO.

Yeah, it's not perfect, it is what it is and probably will never be like in the 90-s again since Axl won't be 30 again. But generally the shows are great. Even though I definitely preferred their lack of professionalism with all the rants and uncertainty as to what will happen next.

Well, I'm not saying Axl is doing it bad, but we all know he can do it better, but he just doesn't give a f*ck

Seriously, it's just such bullshit. The man is obviously working his ass off every night and is 200% more into it than he has been in the last +20 years, so saying he just doesn't give a fuck is just plain ridiculous. The guy just doesn't have the voice he used to have. Period.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Maybe the people in SA are just simply more normal and don't feel the constant need to look for even the slightest errors and bash the whole band and Axl mercilessly because in one minute of three songs during a live peformance on a huge stage with dancing and running his voice wasn't perfect. Maybe contrary to the people in NA they just can and do enjoy the experience of a great quality live concert and can write about it instead of just trying their best to bring everyone down.

In the UYI era Guns were bad because they were unprofessional, Axl was late, they didn't have a setlist, the shows were chaotic, Axl was ranting too much, blah, blah, blah. Now they're professional, have a setlist, come on time, there's no talking and no ranting on stage, there are no breaks in the performance at all and it's wrong again cause it is stale and boring. Well...

The best comment I've read in one of the gig threads in a long time.

You guys are crazy...the ACDC gigs taught you all nothing! Axl's vocals are brilliant but these last two shows just haven't been as good as he was a month ago, nobody is comparing him to his 90's voice, we are comparing him to the voice he used this year. Axl set the bar high after those ACDC gigs, it's as simple as that. 

I don't think anyone is here just bashing Axl for fun, we all know how great he's been. When Axl plays with ACDC the same people that complain about comparing Axl to his voice 25 years ago say "omg how does he sound like he's 26 again...that's his 88 voice" but we are two shows in in SA and people are back to "he's 54...I'd like to see you try that at his age" 

Ok so the chile concert from 92 is in the top 3 concerts ive ever seen, love the chaos of the show and how the band still finished the show from middle to end! happy to see the 3 of them play again! favourite line from the show: Axl: Is that a satiagoan fuckin custom or what?? Look at that little pussy hiding benind that guy, little fuckin punk! get him outta here! Alright people you can spit on each other have a good night!!!!" Sorry I had to! Love it! Watched that show dozens if not hundreds of times lol! Even after people spitting these guys continued on!

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And that is considered a bad thing? That is why, on the Illusion tour, they could throw in Coma, Locomotive or Breakdown occasionally. It was far more interesting than today.

Tbh them not having an actual setlist back then was...nice? Like it's not a boring same songs over and over again. They look more explorative that way :( 

Looks like everyone, band and especially fans, are having a ton of fun in South America so far.

In light of continued criticism on Axl's performance and the so-called "stagnant" setlist I have come to realise there's far too much other positive stuff to discuss and analyse like, Axl, Slash and Duff all getting on board and disembarking on the same GN'R branded jumbo jet and then all being spotted together at the airport and then the thing with YCBM where the band seamlessly slowed down while Axl addressed the crowd and then Slash at the end of Paradise City playing to each side of the stadium encouraging them to go nuts before getting down on his knees to solo.

I mean, this is all dream come true shit, I need to see one of these shows all ready!

• Like 4

People who complain about the stable setlist should especially look back at 93. they played almost the same set every night. Same goes for most of 92, where they changed some things here and there but the core setlist was always the same.

but of course back then there were no whinos on the internet who were always complaining

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Yeah, it's not perfect, it is what it is and probably will never be like in the 90-s again since Axl won't be 30 again. But generally the shows are great. Even though I definitely preferred their lack of professionalism with all the rants and uncertainty as to what will happen next.

Seriously, it's just such bullshit. The man is obviously working his ass off every night and is 200% more into it than he has been in the last +20 years, so saying he just doesn't give a fuck is just plain ridiculous. The guy just doesn't have the voice he used to have. Period.

Lol. 

You are doing what you are complaining about though - just from the opposite extreme. From what I've seen in here you always post how amazing Axl is and how the haters just love to hate. 

The brush you paint large groups of people with just isn't accurate. Your opinion isn't more valid than anybody else's opinion.

Just because you (always) praise Axl's performance doesn't mean that everybody else has to agree with it. He isn't always perfect. And just because somebody didn't think he was perfect doesn't mean they are "bullshit" or a hater. It means they didn't enjoy the show as much as you did.

Its awesome that you are such a die-hard fan. But your posts are always to the extreme about the band and show extreme bias to praise everything they do.

I've seen GnR live numerous times. Some shows were amazing. Some weren't  as good. Sometimes Axl was unstoppable. Sometimes his voice was rough. It happens. Doesn't make me a hater. 

But the bottom line is that you shouldn't let people with a different opinion than you bother you so much. If you love GnR and think Axl is always perfect - awesome. Who cares what complete strangers think.

It does seem as if Axl is a little off or that maybe he didn't stay in top vocal shape during his last break. It does seem like he put more effort and sounded better in acdc. And it does look like the band is a little bored and just going through the motions.

But it is awesome that Slash and Duff are back. They are fulfilling the dream for hundreds of thousands of fans who have dreamed of seeing them together.

And Axl is the music MVP of 2016. He was A-plus in ACDC. And a solid B in GnR. He had led two of the biggest a rock tours of the year.

I really think that a new album would be the spark to elevate this reunion to an A-plus level. Playing the same songs for 30 years has to get a little boring at times. A new album with new songs to add to the set-list and I believe you would see a fired up group of GnR members.

Can you imagine Axl releasing three new albums in 2017 - a new GnR, a new acdc, and closing the CD era by releasing CD2.  That would be the most amazing rock year of the last 20 years!!!!!

• Like 1

Who can really tell if Axl is sounding bad ... These recording are from cell phones I know when your at the show live it's a different animal and really most recordings and periscope have fans singing over him give the guy a break ...who ever thought a year ago we would have SLASH, DUFF AND AXL together again!  It's Gun N' Roses and we get to witness it who would have ever dreamed that we would be able to see them having a great time with such great crowds maybe Axl is sick maybe not but together all three of them it's amazing :) 

7 hours ago, agno said:

Best thing in a long time, the song got alternated and got interesting. They should do that more often, add elements to some of the songs. 

If this would have happened during the nu-guns days Axl would have directed the band to stop and then exactly where to start the song up again.  But this is a fucking high functioning band that can read each other's minds so no words were necessary.  

Axl realizes that and takes a step back to let them do their thing.

10 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol. 

You are doing what you are complaining about though - just from the opposite extreme. From what I've seen in here you always post how amazing Axl is and how the haters just love to hate. 

The brush you paint large groups of people with just isn't accurate. Your opinion isn't more valid than anybody else's opinion.

Just because you (always) praise Axl's performance doesn't mean that everybody else has to agree with it. He isn't always perfect. And just because somebody didn't think he was perfect doesn't mean they are "bullshit" or a hater. It means they didn't enjoy the show as much as you did.

Its awesome that you are such a die-hard fan. But your posts are always to the extreme about the band and show extreme bias to praise everything they do.

I've seen GnR live numerous times. Some shows were amazing. Some weren't  as good. Sometimes Axl was unstoppable. Sometimes his voice was rough. It happens. Doesn't make me a hater. 

But the bottom line is that you shouldn't let people with a different opinion than you bother you so much. If you love GnR and think Axl is always perfect - awesome. Who cares what complete strangers think.

It does seem as if Axl is a little off or that maybe he didn't stay in top vocal shape during his last break. It does seem like he put more effort and sounded better in acdc. And it does look like the band is a little bored and just going through the motions.

But it is awesome that Slash and Duff are back. They are fulfilling the dream for hundreds of thousands of fans who have dreamed of seeing them together.

And Axl is the music MVP of 2016. He was A-plus in ACDC. And a solid B in GnR. He had led two of the biggest a rock tours of the year.

I really think that a new album would be the spark to elevate this reunion to an A-plus level. Playing the same songs for 30 years has to get a little boring at times. A new album with new songs to add to the set-list and I believe you would see a fired up group of GnR members.

Can you imagine Axl releasing three new albums in 2017 - a new GnR, a new acdc, and closing the CD era by releasing CD2.  That would be the most amazing rock year of the last 20 years!!!!!

First of all, I'm not always praising Axl and have already critisized him hard numerous times, second of all I respect you might not like something but it is one thing to not like a performnce and another to state as fact that Axl just doesn't give a fuck which is why he sounds bad. Well, not true.

Tbh, I agree that his vocal form is thousand light years away from what it was in his best years and I also agree that back then the shows were more thrilling which doesn't change the fact that them not giving a fuck is just BS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fanfzero said:

The guys on SA tend to exagerate things about the shows too much. After the 2 Mexico shows and Lima, on the news reports interviews everybody said that Axl's 90s voice is back, that it was like watching them in their moment of glory...Dude, no. Axl's voice isn't back, he is sounding the same as in 2014 (and hope he doesn't end up sounding like in 2012). Axl's voice was back during the AC/DC tour, but not here. And the band seems like...a bit bored, every night they play the same setlist with no passion at all, it's like AC/DC before Axl, same show every night, nothing changed. And I agree with the guy that said some posts before that Axl put more effort in NA because of the media. In SA, even if Axl gives a show like the one from Bridge School 2012, media will say "Brutal, passionate, century's concert, unique experience", so Axl doesn't care about doing a bad show in SA, and nobody has thrown a bottle yet, if that happens Axl would stop caring about everything

Not so true. If you know a little spanish, look at the news about GNR concert at chilean sites like latercera.com , emol.com or even the news someone posted before (http://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/entretencion/musica/shows-en-chile/mas-de-60-mil-chilenos-vibraron-con-el-rock-de-guns-n-roses/2016-10-30/022421.html), they actually say that the concert was good, but that Axl voice was nothing like in the 90s...  still decent despite they couldnt here it in some songs.... I´m not 100% agree and i think Axls voice was way better than what the news say, but my point is that they were not given good press for this particular concert, except for Slash (who stole the night).

• Like 2