11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

Just now, Apollo said:

Would you agree that Steven accomplished more in GnR than the other four drummers have?

Do you think that the reason Axl has had a revolving door of drummers is because he keeps searching for a guy who can replicate Adler's sound?

Do you agree that Adler played an important role in creating the sound that made Appetite one of the greatest rock albums of all time?

Do you understand why fans of Guns n Roses would love to see an original member back playing with the band? The joy of seeing Slash back. The joy of seeing Duff back. Surely you understand why fans would prefer the entire band reunite and not just half of it. Yes?

Yes, but Matt recorded and toured Illusions, so it's closer than you think.

No, off all the original members Adler's likely the one Axl's missed the least.

Yes.

Do you understand that the right thing to do and what you want them to do are not one in the same? Do you understand that Adler was such a raging addict he was thrown out of a band of raging addicts? And he spent 25 years pointing fingers and whining about it? And he's been "2 years sober" for 25 years? And he's burned members of the band that gave him a chance in recent years? And it's entirely reasonable to not put a tour like this in his hands? And he's lucky to get the guest spots that he does? This tour could easily go on without him it's not like they need him there. 

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I'll re-phrase. Nobody bought a ticket on the odd chance he would be there and nobody would have gone home unhappy if he wasn't. 

But they went home happier because they got the chance to see Adler. Sure they didn't buy a ticket knowing that Adler was gonna be there . But it is always good to get something extra that you like

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Yes.

Do you understand that the right thing to do and what you want them to do are not one in the same? Do you understand that Adler was such a raging addict he was thrown out of a band of raging addicts? And he spent 25 years pointing fingers and whining about it? And he's been "2 years sober" for 25 years? And he's burned members of the band that gave him a chance in recent years? And it's entirely reasonable to not put a tour like this in his hands? And he's lucky to get the guest spots that he does? This tour could easily go on without him it's not like they need him there. 

now that's a post I can get behind. 

I agree with almost all you said. 

??????

3 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Life doesnt owe you anything. Neither do GNR or Steven. Why would you waste so much energy in getting fed up about things, when there is so much greatness to enjoy?

Explain to me what all that 'greatness' is you're talking about ?

You saw GNR in '93, so I'm very curious to hear what you have to say.

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, the show was fn' unbelievable!! I somehow managed to survive (the first 20 minutes were WILD!).

Axl sounded amazing, gave a great show and seemed to put all his heart when singing Coma, it was awesome.

Duff was everyfuckingwhere! You could see he was having a blast, jumping and interacting with the crowd a lot. He just rocks!

Slash was again the king of the show, it was ridiculous! His playing was brilliant throughout the entire gig but his attitude was even better. Seeing him running around, dancing and jumping was just amazing. During Paradise City, he was singing his chorus ("where the girls are fat and they've got big titties") and even did a boobs gesture. I could totally see how happy and excited he was and that made me happy as well. Slash is a fn' monster!

Steven was completely wonderful. Even though they only let him play one song, he brought all his beautiful energy and it was magical. I think what the band did was cruel to him and to us fans as we were making it clear how much we love Steven, screaming for him like there was no tomorrow. At the end of the show, when the band was gonna do the vow, Steven came out with a football/soccer ball and kicked it into the crowd. What can I say? He rocked Out Ta Get Me and he's an incredible human being! Really hope they won't be such dickheads to him tomorrow, it's completely awful and unnecesary and today it was the only thing that prevented the show from being perfect.

Overall it was a sick show! I got to see GNR playing Coma and got to see Steven with them. I'm dead tired now (5 am here in Argentina!) and I gotta get some rest 'cause I'm doing it all again tomorrow, but I can't leave without saying this was the best show I've ever seen! I love this band with all my heart, it sucks that tomorrow is the last show for me but at the same time, whether they do 3 shows or 30 here in Argentina, I could never have enough of Guns N' Roses.

Good night, guys! :headbang:

Thanks for an actual review of the show instead of repeating the same debates over and over that will never reach a conclusion.  I'm glad you had fun.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Yes.

Wow, you seriously look like you have some kind of personal problems. Big ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Explain to me what all that 'greatness' is you're talking about ?

You saw GNR in '93, so I'm very curious to hear what you have to say.

Yes i did see them back in the day and was a fan when the illusions came out. I know what it was like to be a gnr fan back then, when slash, duff and axl ruled the world. And i also know what it was like to see axl performing without them. Slash and Axl on the same stage was something that was beyond unrealistic, but it has always been a dream for fans. The fact that we are allowed to wittness it now, is greatness. Its funny that i even have to explain that to you. Maybe you would understand , if you have witnessed the magnitude back then.

What we will remember in 20 years from now on, is how great their reuniom has been. Nobody will remember, that steven only played one fucking song at a show in buenos aires, cause thats not the things that will be remembered. What we will remember is that slash and axl gave fans what we have been hoping for for the past 23 years. And while that happens, i am going to enjoy every second of it and not waste my precious time whining like a bitch about unimportant shit.

29 minutes ago, ironmt said:

My facts are more than accurate. Shuffling the order of songs and adding songs to the setlist Is two different things.

Ok sir.

Here's the number of different songs they played on the UYI tour : 48

Here's the number of different songs they played on the Axl Rose + assorted musicians tour : 33

Thank you.

Good fucking night.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Yes.

As a fan, of course I'd want to see more of Adler.  But you raise valid points here.  Whether it's all true or not, probably depends on who you ask in the band, etc....but I think you're close to the reality of the situation.  Most of all, Frank has been doing a solid job and he's dependable.  He's been in G N' R for a while now, Axl and the rest of the band (including Slash and Duff) seem to trust and like him. 

This tour has been a massive success on all levels so why risk anything at this point if you don't need to?  And yeah, based on past history, having Adler full time could be a risk.  I personally wouldn't mind him doing more songs but that's 100% up to the band and what they're comfortable with. 

21 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Yes i did see them back in the day and was a fan when the illusions came out. I know what it was like to be a gnr fan back then, when slash, duff and axl ruled the world. And i also know what it was like to see axl performing without them. Slash and Axl on the same stage was something that was beyond unrealistic, but it has always been a dream for fans. The fact that we are allowed to wittness it now, is greatness. Its funny that i even have to explain that to you. Maybe you would understand , if you have witnessed the magnitude back then.

What we will remember in 20 years from now on, is how great their reuniom has been. Nobody will remember, that steven only played one fucking song at a show in buenos aires, cause thats not the things that will be remembered. What we will remember is that slash and axl gave fans what we have been hoping for for the past 23 years. And while that happens, i am going to enjoy every second of it and not waste my precious time whining like a bitch about unimportant shit.

And Steven should be allowed to fully be a part of this celebration. It's funny that we even have to explain that...to you.

Also: if the reason for 1 tune is in fact Axl, then it's really not "unimportant shit" for many fans, as his performance was very important to fans in this show and others as you know. Another Steven song would have made it a better show for them. And probably for Steven and he just deserves better treatment. He only gets to taste it. (fans as well)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I've been a fan since June of 1991, I know very well what it was like when GNR ruled the world.  I didn't see them live (too young), you did and that's why I value your opinion.

But you're wrong.  I for one will not remember how great this reunion has been 20 years from now.  I will treasure what they did between '85 and '95, and I will try to forget the embarrasment of everything that happened after that.  The 14 years of pain between '01 and '14.  The disgrace of this 'threeunion'.