11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

1 hour ago, ericy210 said:

Thanks for an actual review of the show instead of repeating the same debates over and over that will never reach a conclusion.  I'm glad you had fun.

Hadn't seen this post. Thanks man! :D

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Wow. 

One of the best posts in forum history. 

This should be mandatory reading for new posters. And for those who continually complain about other people complaining.

Well done. 

I'm out of likes (only 10? let's complain about that :P) but thanks! I appreaciate it! :)

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That analogy doesn't really work, does it, as Jones was stoned and - within a few weeks - quite deceased? More to the point, and for those two aforementioned reasons, Brian Jones was not guesting at his own band's reunion show. Besides, the Stones dumped most of the Jones era material from their setlists during the Mick Taylor era.

What we are discussing here is a pivotal member guesting on circa 1/8 songs and exiting the stage, when he is obviously present at the venue and compos mentis (his one song vouching for this) for the remaining seven songs, which are then played by an unpopular guy, a holdover from an unpopular era, with no connection with that revered album!

It is a rather odd scenario to say the least.

Or to put it another way, by the merest slight-of-hand (the removal of whatever it is that is keeping Adler from something more substantial?), you could quite easily have 4/5s of the Appetite band playing most of the Appetite album for the first time since 1989! A nearly - nearly due to still being thoroughly Izzyless - 'dream scenario', the reunion of the Appetite band, is almost within touching distance yet they are delivering-up minor cock teases.

To think you could so easily hear that Brownstone thump and that Rocket Queen groove again, after decades of misuse by the wrong hands?

Yeah, but that analogy doesn't quite work either. Mick Taylor was guesting at Stones shows. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Yeah, but that analogy doesn't quite work either. Mick Taylor was guesting at Stones shows. 

You mean, 2012 - 2013? Well yes, that analogy holds up a little better. If Taylor just appears for two songs and the band are playing more Mick Taylor material, there are going to be some fans who would question the logic of denying Taylor a chance to shine on more of the songs he contributed to - in fact I'm almost certain those complaints surfaced on IORR.

I know they had Taylor on 'Midnight Rambler' for the duration of that tour, but that they played 'Sway' on only three occasions also which had Taylor; the latter policy was very sensible and 'fan friendly' as that is a Taylor inspired song (running the risk of opening up the songwriting can of worms).

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Ok sir.

Here's the number of different songs they played on the UYI tour : 48

Here's the number of different songs they played on the Axl Rose + assorted musicians tour : 33

Thank you.

Good fucking night.

As I stated before, there have been more setlist changes on the NITL Tour than on the UYI Tour.

13 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Slash and Duff aren't idiots.  They're not going to come in and start demanding that they get all new band members....lol. Legally, they probably could but why would they do that?  For starters, Axl probably wouldn't agree to it and there wouldn't be a reunion.  So Slash and Duff went with it.  And from my understanding, they all liked everyone else in the band from the beginning.   So why rock the boat?

And from my understanding, Melissa also had connections to Slash prior to getting hired by G N' R so I'm sure Slash had some say in that decision.

Well I'm not sure if she actually had anything to do with slash but that's that.. 

Listen I've made my points. It's not like you're making stuff up either. I just think Axl has the final sign off in everything and I think it's his band still by technicality. But things appear to function similarly like they have before, Duff and Slash aren't stepping on toes because it's not their band to step on. That's the bottom line... And it's working out fine. Axl isn't a tyrant, I really don't think he ever was. He felt he needed to have the name back then because slash and duff didn't have it together enough to work with him. Now, they all do and they're getting along fine like they always should have.

If ya do the booze, ya loose. Same with drugs. Mature straight thinking men are making this awesome!

Regarding the Steven issue I am just happy the guy is there at all.  The amount of bitching that he only did one song is astounding, I love Adler but knowing what we know about how few shows he guests on, I would have been happy seeing him at all, personally.  I consider last night's crowd luck in that regard and it looks to have been a great fucking show

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

The only way I can defend Steven not being out there more is possibly the way the contracts were made was Steven would be  entitled to a full pay day if he does more than 2 songs. Or whatever the case may be. 

Knowing Axl there are legal complications to this and that's the reason Steven's role is limited. You know the typical BS

Amazing - you actually wrote this believing it could be a factor ? Wow, seriously....

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well I'm not sure if she actually had anything to do with slash but that's that.. 

Listen I've made my points. It's not like you're making stuff up either. I just think Axl has the final sign off in everything and I think it's his band still by technicality. But things appear to function similarly like they have before, Duff and Slash aren't stepping on toes because it's not their band to step on. That's the bottom line... And it's working out fine. Axl isn't a tyrant, I really don't think he ever was. He felt he needed to have the name back then because slash and duff didn't have it together enough to work with him. Now, they all do and they're getting along fine like they always should have.

If ya do the booze, ya loose. Same with drugs. Mature straight thinking men are making this awesome!

It's probably some of both but there's is definitely more compromise now than there ever was during Nu Guns, imo...probably even more than there was during Illusions, come to think of it....:lol:

"With 'Appetite,' for me the parts, playing, etc., timing flaws, whatever, are perfect, and as a moment in time for me, the whole record is. That said, the sound of the drums, which at the time in our niche of the woods was a bit of a bold statement and a somewhat successful effort to change things from the current flow at the time, and so may have been necessary but for me sound the most dated of anything there sound-wise."

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The only way I can defend Steven not being out there more is possibly the way the contracts were made was Steven would be  entitled to a full pay day if he does more than 2 songs. Or whatever the case may be. 

Knowing Axl there are legal complications to this and that's the reason Steven's role is limited. You know the typical BS

Based on what?  I love how everyone here knows contractual law.

what are we supposed to do with statements that one drummer or guitarist is better than another?  If we agree, will Axl switch them?  Will the debates all end if we all agree who is best?  There is never any resolution, so why bother?

so many complain about the show being repetitive.  How about these threads get repetitive with the same tired arguments?  Some of us come to the thread to learn about the show.

axl has established in his interview that some of the old songs were sped up.  So why beat up Frank over and over?

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

How can we help you with that? That's simply up to each person's preference. I go to campo vip because I love being as close as possible and going crazy during certain songs. Gotta tell you it's really tiring, though (but you can also stay more at the side where it's calmer). Maybe that's what you want or maybe you'd prefer to be confortable, sitting and listening to the music without people pushing you and stuff like that.

I read campo vip is sold out, though.

yeah im gonna go to campo vip, fuck it. rock n roll ??. what time is it good to go? 7 pm?

2 minutes ago, valengf said:

yeah im gonna go to campo vip, fuck it. rock n roll ??. what time is it good to go? 7 pm?

try to be at the stadium by 7, 7:30 there's not much people and you can access very quick and find a good spot to see the show....my recomendation is to choose duff's side..or if you wanna be close to slash go to the right screen, he spends 60% percent of the show there...:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gem Archer said:

try to be at the stadium by 7, 7:30 there's not much people and you can access very quick and find a good spot to see the show....my recomendation is to choose duff's side..or if you wanna be close to slash go to the right screen, he spends 60% percent of the show there...:lol:

think im gonna follow your advise, gonna go to duffs side

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

I got inside 7:30 pm yesterday and it was fine, I was on Slash's side (always :heart:) and like 5 meters from the stage.

So yeah, 7 pm will be ok, but you'll have to see Airbag's entire show :lol:

im into airbags new álbum mentira la verdad, so its gonna be a rockin niight

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Based on what?  I love how everyone here knows contractual law.

what are we supposed to do with statements that one drummer or guitarist is better than another?  If we agree, will Axl switch them?  Will the debates all end if we all agree who is best?  There is never any resolution, so why bother?

so many complain about the show being repetitive.  How about these threads get repetitive with the same tired arguments?  Some of us come to the thread to learn about the show.

axl has established in his interview that some of the old songs were sped up.  So why beat up Frank over and over?

Idk how I got thrown into this Frank hate debate. I didn't say anything bad about the poor guy. 

I made a post where I said how disappointing it was that Steven only got one song. And how Axl has been trying to legitimize Frank as the drummer and yet hasn't released an album with him. We all know it's not Frank's fault, Axl is in charge. 

My next post that you brought up about there possibly being contracts that have prevented more Steven was a thought I had about trying to see the situation from Axl's point of view...if you have followed this band close enough over the years the things that prevent us from knowing the "full story" or getting a new album have always been bc of legal hurdles. I'm not pretending to know anything about their contracts, I even said "or whatever" bc I have no idea what they signed up for. But knowing Axl there will be something legal binding them to having Frank be the full time drummer and Steven simply maintaining "guest" status. 

Again I have no idea but regardless it was just a thought I hadn't heard anyone voice yet, I think it brings up an interesting question about contracts and provides another possible reason for the odd 1 off Steven got last night. 

3 minutes ago, argen17793 said:

well this is my contribution!

the show was sold out !!, in television announced that people should arrive 30 min before ...

the show started 45 minutes late ( dont know what happen there..Axl lost his contact lens..? ) so people got tired of waiting and took advantage of the situation, they throw down a fence and began to invade the field. Fortunately the security was able to contain the situation quickly. but It could have been a disaster..! ( here's a picture of the separation so you can understand what im talking about) .

it was the first time i got to see Steven Adler playing!!! it was a wonderful thing. and i got a chance to compare Frank and Steven, i think Steven is much more passionate and more suitable for guns, i dont know much about the technical skills, but when frank come back it was like something was missing.... although frank is really good too, so im just happy i got to see the closest version i could to the original band. the crowd was insane , I dont agree that Coma is a low point of the show, at least in the seats i got, people really enjoy it.

slash was jumping around, in one moment i saw him jumping in november rain I couldn 't believe what i saw. i was afraid he was back on drugs again or something hahhaha later slash and richard played an introduction of a song that it was similar to Led Zeppelin 's Baby Im gonna leave you , correct me if I'm wrong.. dont knw the name of that song. I wish I had a video of that.

going back tonight

sorry for the english !! Saludo a todos los amigos argentinos !:headbang:

I loved Coma as well, I think people was into it, chanting and jumping with the riff and then feeling it for Axl. I didn't have energy to try to sing it and he had to do it properly.

And yes, it was definitely Zep's version of Baby I'm Gonna Leave You, it was pretty cool. They're probably going back to Angie/Patience tonight.

2 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

anarchy in river plate.

Was about to post exactly that. Hopefully it won't happen again, I love the passion but would appreciate a bit of oxygen tonight! :nervous:

• Like 3

And again on the topic I brought up about contracts possibly preventing more Steven  on songs...why is it so crazy that could be the case?

when Izzy would guest with nugnr he got paid and would sign a contract...

Adler likely gets a contract for every show he does. 

If the promoter asked for Steven then they have to pay for Steven's travel, and cost to have him guest. Would Steven do it for free? Of course, but I don't think they chance that. 

You are talking about a 9 figure tour, there's going to be contracts, lawyers, and all that crap. This isn't an evening on sunset strip, Axl just got sued for not paying a former member of his band his proper wages...so I don't see contracts getting in the way as the dumbest thing in the world.