11/08/16 - Porto Alegre, BR - Estadio Beira-Rio

alfierose

2 hours ago, jafeijo said:

- Slash stole the show IMO, his guitar was loud and clear and that UYI tone was there, in oposite of what I saw on Youtube/Periscope.

- COMA, hearing this song live it's a thing I can't describe, the band nailed it and Slash's solo gave me chills.

I could never get tired of reading these things! :drool:

2 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Negative side:

- The beer was freaking expensive inside the stadium.

:lol:

Too bad about Steven not being there but I'm sure the show was insane! Here in Argentina Axl only spoke a bit at the last show, the first two he wouldn't say anything except "gracias" after some song.

Thanks for the review! :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

If this is indeed a new song, it's been done before. During one of the SMKC shows in '11 when Slash played the Godfather theme, he did the intro of Anastasia.

I had this in my mind when I wrote the post above. So we know Slash might use an idea of a song during his solo spot.

But this seems to be more than just an idea. It has a regular rhythm part, a solid riff and this daimn lead over all of that... 

Maybe they are just jaming, maybe they worked that peace of music out but Axl isn't interested... but maybe they aren't just jaming and Axl is working on vocals for it... who knows? it could be true!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Incredible Better, faster than usual but damn it's good.

Axl sounds good. The best way he sang the word "yourself" in the I never wanted you part.

What is more impressive to me in that performance is Slash. Every section of his Better solo is neatly organized, phrasing is great, a few bum notes but he obviously has the ability to make Chinese solos his own.

Now he can change notes in his Better solo, but the general idea is there and he's familiar with what he wants to play over that chord progression. Familiarity is all he needs in order to totally nail.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1