11/08/16 - Porto Alegre, BR - Estadio Beira-Rio

alfierose

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl sounds good. The best way he sang the word "yourself" in the I never wanted you part.

What is more impressive to me in that performance is Slash. Every section of his Better solo is neatly organized, phrasing is great, a few bum notes but he obviously has the ability to make Chinese solos his own.

Now he can change notes in his Better solo, but the general idea is there and he's familiar with what he wants to play over that chord progression. Familiarity is all he needs in order to totally nail.

I don't know. He shreds to much on this IMO.

Fink's studio version is more impressive.

It feels like Slash wants to force a change.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I don't know. He shreds to much on this IMO.

Fink's studio version is more impressive.

It feels like Slash wants to force a change.

Nah, it's quite the opposite of forcing it. Slash plays what he feels is right, improvises based on feel and the natural direction the chord progression and the song leads him. it's like how Bucket played Slash's Nightrain outro in Boston 2002. It's just Slash's own interpretation of Robin's solo. He plays too many notes for years now even with Myles and The Conspirators.

I prefer Robin's version, but it's a real treat for me personally to just hear it being constructed to something with direction. I like Slash's shred run in this. And on Chinese as well. It fits. But it's different to the original like Bucket played a great Nightrain solo, but it lost the original vibe, Bucket gave it his own, and I'm glad it exists.

Same with Slash and chinese solos. He doesn't run out of ideas for great solos. Not really. He overplays, I agree, but you can still see it has an obvious flow and general idea that he returns to. Points of reference he picks up every time he plays it again live.

He's filling in the blanks.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

i think it's weird that Axl likes to play songs faster. But if he's going to sing like that he can do whatever he wants.

also it seems the band likes to play this song bc it feels like their thing with the intro and everyone playing a part, I hate it live but if they like it and it sounds like this it's just fine 

oh hell yeah! :headbang:

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Nah, it's quite the opposite of forcing it. Slash plays what he feels is right, improvises based on feel and the natural direction the chord progression and the song leads him. it's like how Bucket played Slash's Nightrain outro in Boston 2002. It's just Slash's own interpretation of Robin's solo. He plays too many notes for years now even with Myles and The Conspirators.

I prefer Robin's version, but it's a real treat for me personally to just hear it being constructed to something with direction. I like Slash's shred run in this. And on Chinese as well. It fits. But it's different to the original like Bucket played a great Nightrain solo, but it lost the original vibe, Bucket gave it his own, and I'm glad it exists.

Same with Slash and chinese solos. He doesn't run out of ideas for great solos. Not really. He overplays, I agree, but you can still see it has an obvious flow and general idea that he returns to. Points of reference he picks up every time he plays it again live.

He's filling in the blanks.

I don't disagree with most of your post. I just have a feeling, that if Better didn't exist before and Slash was the first to play a solo for it, it may sound more like the original without the run at the beginning. I'm the first to admit he owns a solo, like the TIL solo for example or even the Sorry solo but on this one I think Fink did a better job because it expresses the mood of the song more.

On 11/9/2016 at 9:43 PM, SEPTEM said:

Please somebody check that out but im 97% sure they played some kind of " semi slither intro" jam before slashs GF solo.   

I little trolling??  Thats how they roll.  And i f..kn love it. 

This band is doing really good. A dont see them going anywhere . theyre feeling reeally confy with each other, enjoyin the love from all the world, enjoying the pile of money ( it will  be a record really hard to break),  theyre getting several $$$record ofers$$ from a lot of récord companys, they all are sober, healthy and chill, reconecting, ruling the rnr world, 

So, mr myles, uncle angus.  Dont hold your breth

;)

PEACE

SEPTEM

Thats not Slither man lol Not even close 

If  u all read carefully what i wrote.. I said "SEMI slither kind'a INTRO".  The bass and drums at some points are really close to sliher intro.  The drums thing cant be a coincidence.

Just hear bass and drums only and then compare that with slithers intro

Plus theyve never done that before.  And we know slither has been rehearsed and it actually is on the "posible alt songs list".

The Slash jam gave me a boner, but yeah, definitely not Slither or anything based on it. That would be like saying Welcome to the Jungle is similar to Thunderstruck because they both start with a B note.

That Better sounded great too. Probably Axl's best vocals of this part of the tour so far. Great stuff! Time to watch Estranged.