11/11/16 - Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

alfierose

Saw on setlist fm that Everybody Knows by Leonard Cohen was played as a tribute.

Was it just over the speakers, did they actually PLAY it, or is that just total bullshit altogether?

(I'm gonna go ahead and assume they just played it as exit music over the speakers)

Edited by estrangedtwat

16 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Saw on setlist fm that Everybody Knows by Leonard Cohen was played as a tribute.

Was it just over the speakers, did they actually PLAY it, or is that just total bullshit altogether?

(I'm gonna go ahead and assume they just played it as exit music over the speakers)

I'm curious about this too!

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'm curious about this too!

Yes. See page 6 (my post) and 7 of this thread (end of fb video and picture).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Alright!

I couldnt be happier with the gig, honestly. I was on the fourth row and even that I'm a short person from the Brazilian average lenght, I could see pretty much everything. 
No surprises on the setlist but at the moment Duff hit the first chord on ISEI got nuts, Although I come from a rock n' roll family, Guns N' Roses is the band that got me into this world, that made me learn about music, learn how to play instruments, to love music so, to see those three together is like a breaking point in my life, I had been waiting for this momment since forever. I did see Axl, Slash and Duff in separeted bands in the past but nothing like this, they're powerful, their chemistry is amazing and got me thrilled from start to finish. 

The whole band seemed really happier, Axl was all about smiles... He is a changed person, totally different from the guy I saw with the Chinese Democracy guys. I've paid special attention to his voice and the guy is KILLING, from start to finish, mickey only showed up a few times and didnt bother me at all, he isnt at his 20s anymore and its hard to be perfect doing what he does. 
There isnt much to talk about the band, everyone is doing a incredible job, although I was upset that Adler didnt show up Frank is getting better and did good on RQ. Melissa is a necessary evil in some songs if they want to make them as close as possible from what is recorded.

Let me see... The balloon thing during Layla/NR was magical, I could see how happy Axl was when people started to light 'em, his eyes got bright and he smiled a lot... he seemed fulfilled and exchanged a lot of glances with Slash, that also smiled a lot.  

It started to rain during Estranged, it was a really heavy rain but fortunatelly, not the storm I was afraid of! It didnt stop people from dance and have fun, I danced a lot. That rain took the whole mood of the show to another level, it was special. I got really emotional during This I Love. 
Unfortunatelly it stoped to rain during November Rain. hahahaha

A lifetime experience for sure, I know some people here already got bored of the tour, I was a little eskeptical myself but got really, really surprised... Don't undestimate the power of this reunion, it is really important for a lot of people and it touched me deeply.

-
For people wondering what was the people with the $ on the back, it is a system were you trade-in money for tokens to the bar haha.

I think thats it. :heart:

Great review, thanks!
Nice to hear how happy Axl was
The balloon thingy was looking cool on stream, but I can't imagine how emotionally it was to be there, at that moment

35 minutes ago, default_ said:

For those wondering what was the people with the $ on the back, it is a system were you trade-in money for tokens to the bar haha.

I think thats it, if anyone has any question just writte it. :heart:

Fuck, you destroyed my dream... I thought it was Izzy's army reminding us that this is #TheSplitTheLootEquallyTour  jk :rofl-lol: 

Great review, glad you liked that much :headbang:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mendez said:

"I started laughing during that song 'cause... and we were talking amongst ourselves in the earpieces, that when we recorded that song originally, we were driving the engineer nuts in Hollywood, and Steven... Steven wanted more high hat, and finally the guy cracked and he pulled a gun on us. Unlike Ryan Lochte and his gun, our gun was real".

Anyone got a clip of that yet?