11/11/16 - Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

alfierose

Axl's a legend for that Trump lyric. It's not the first time he's mentioned Trump this tour...remember Mexico when he said "sing it loud enough so Donald Trump hears you" or maybe he threw in a motherfuc*er in there but either way Axl is singing to his audience and currently the rest of the world views Trump as a tyrant joke of a candidate that has no business running the United States, and could prove to be detrimental to the world...but it's all politics he might very well be a great president but some need to have some perspective on this, as far as the rest of the world outside the states is concerned he's just another Hitler. 

Count me as one who thinks that it is perfectly okay for celebrities to have an opinion in politics. They are people just like everyone else and are affected by who runs the government just like everyone else.

Of course they should have the right to express their opinion just as everyone should have the right to express their opinion on how the government runs. You shouldn't want to shut someone up just because they disagree with you or have a different life situation than you.

(Sorry politics is one thing that gets under my skin because suddenly normally reasonable people start picking teams and reasonable discourse goes out the window and the  demonizing of the "other" begins)

Though I will admit I'd rather not see election politics on my favorite band site as it is already messy enough with people picking teams as it is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

It's almost as if people change in 30 years or something. :blink:

He didn't change. He never was a racist, mind you, just decided to write something stupid, more or less like Trump who said a few stupid things. So yeah, if Axl is against Trump for his anti-immigrant or whatever comments, that's kinda funny.

5 minutes ago, Asia said:

He didn't change. He never was a racist, mind you, just decided to write something stupid, more or less like Trump who said a few stupid things. So yeah, if Axl is against Trump for his anti-immigrant or whatever comments, that's kinda funny.

Considering the company Axl keeps, should we be surprised that Axl is against Trump for his anti-immigrant comments?

People say stupid shit when they are young. Axl wrote that song while he was in his 20s (and I actually really like OIAM poetically). Trump continues to say stupid shit as a 70 year old...

• RussTCB unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...