11/11/16 - Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

alfierose

10 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think so too. He was most likely sick or just had to rest his vocals, but it sounded like he was phoning it in for a couple shows there. 

Cold or something because you could hear it starting in the first show.  His voice cut out on him and when he was going for the note, the voice wouldn't go there.  The second show he was fighting to make it do what he wanted it to, lost that fight.  And in my opinion, in the 3rd show where he should have let the mic do the work, he was a little brutal on that voice.  But he should be happy with it now. It's not super strong but it's there and under his thumb.  I'm not a professional judge, maybe the coach could shed some light on what happen.

6 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

No...you are not wrong. It did sound like he said his name.

He did.  Told a story about some pointing a real gun at them.

25 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:
37 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Axl said something about Steven or am I wrong?

No...you are not wrong. It did sound like he said his name.

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

He did.  Told a story about some pointing a real gun at them.

He mentioned Izzy too! He said he was laughing during DC because they (apparently he and Slash and/or Duff) remembered that story and talked about it through the "internal mic" (I don't know what it's called).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Setlist thinner than ever. That boring ass combination of Wish You Were Here/Layla/NR/KOHD is a goddamn death knell. Also, no alt songs. They're just coasting at this point.

Yeah they need to cut layla and shorten KOHD about 5 mins and drop the fucken seeker . The first half of the show is the best 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheesecake said:

I can't make it to play for some reason on  my laptop (it's been acting up recently). Hope you are kind enough to share the transcript? 

I couldn't make out what he said exactly.

"I started laughing during that song... 'cause ... and we were talking amongst ourselves in the ???. When we recorded that song, Izzy and me, we were ??? engineer ??? in Hollywood, and Steven was even more high (?) and finally ??? he pulled a gun on us. ???? his gun ??? our gun was real".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

"I started laughing during that song... 'cause ... and we were talking amongst ourselves in the ???. When we recorded that song, Izzy and me, we were ??? engineer ??? in Hollywood, and Steven was even more high (?) and finally ??? he pulled a gun on us. ???? his gun ??? our gun was real".

:lol::lol: okay....that makes 'sense'. 

Nevermind... great to know he still thinks of Izzy & Steven.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cheesecake said:
17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"I started laughing during that song... 'cause ... and we were talking amongst ourselves in the ??? When we recorded that song, Izzy and me, we were driving the engineer nuts in Hollywood, and Steven was  wanted even more high hat and finally grabbed me... he pulled a gun on us. Unlike Ryan Lochte and his gun ??? our gun was real".

:lol::lol: okay....that makes 'sense'. 

Nevermind... great to know he still thinks of Izzy & Steven.

I fixed Blackstar's quote :P

I can't tell if the first ??? is IEM said as a word, letters, inner ear, or some other weird lingo.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mendez said:

"I started laughing during that song 'cause... and we were talking amongst ourselves in the earpieces, that when we recorded that song originally, we were driving the engineer nuts in Hollywood, and Steven... Steven wanted more high hat, and finally the guy cracked and he pulled a gun on us. Unlike Ryan Lochte and his gun, our gun was real".

So no Izzy mention. I heard what I'd like to hear :P

• Like 1