11/17/16 - Curitiba, BR - Pedreira Paulo Leminski

alfierose

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The crowd is clearly using too much head voice. Not enough chest voice...

Seriously- you can say US crowds are lame, but thank fuck we don't sing every word and drown out the singer...

That massive crowd is quite a sight to behold though!

They are very passionate. I totally understand them when the were waiting to see them live so many years.

Personally I consider generally South America crowds the most crazy as fck. And love them.

A neat Civil War for sure, not quite raspy enough for my liking (it needs real venom IMO to really make it epic!) but he is totally on point during it for sure.

Houston still a decent way better...he rasps the entire 2nd and more of the 1st and 3rd chorus' parts...and Denver is 100% rasp the whole way through and tops all other modern versions (and probably most old ones as well to be fair!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

The quality of that Civil War video is on par with or worse than the Yesterdays one from the last show where matey commented that it was "the worst Yesterdays ever" so go figure

Yeah quality isn't good at all...though there IS a much better quality of the 1st 2 mins of the songs which shows its more or less a clean vocal performance and a touch more airy vocally than the other video suggests. No way is it even in the same league as that Houston performance, I've just compared the two directly. No great deal though, Houston was a top 5 performance since 2011 of that song so no great problem that its not as good as that!

Better sounds nice again from this show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

So Axl led the audience in a rendition of happy birthday for Richard during this show but my question is, during the New Jersey show when it was Slash's birthday, I don't recall Axl doing this for Slash at all or did he?

No, he didn't. The only thing he did was, while introducing the band, saying something like 'And on guitar, can you wish him a happy Birthday, Slash' and left.

19 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Lol, no way!! Don't be mean, we got you rid of Osvaldo, you should be greateful :lol:

Oh please, don't even remind me about him, and, yeah forever grateful, trust me :P I read he joined a Rock N' Roll band after quiting football. Good for him and all the football world actually...guess he finally found his talent, the one who told him that it was on football mislead him well...

46 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

So Axl led the audience in a rendition of happy birthday for Richard during this show but my question is, during the New Jersey show when it was Slash's birthday, I don't recall Axl doing this for Slash at all or did he?

He just said "can everyone wish a big happy birthday to Slash" and Slash started his solo. Although we know Slash to be a really shy guy so I agree with the people who think he probably told Axl not to make a big deal out of it and make the crowd sing to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Still can't really fathom that Slash and Axl are back together

I know. I kept looking at the 3 of them the whole time. I was waiting for Axl to touch Slash and finally got it towards the end of the show. When the whole band came out to bow, Axl was right next to Slash. It was wonderful and surreal at the same time. I'm so glad I got to finally see it.

one of the best shows ever! So worth the 30 years!:headbang:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know. I kept looking at the 3 of them the whole time. I was waiting for Axl to touch Slash and finally got it towards the end of the show. When the whole band came out to bow, Axl was right next to Slash. It was wonderful and surreal at the same time. I'm so glad I got to finally see it.

You guys can be creepy sometimes :lol:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This is what I keep coming back to in my head during this tour...we are so lucky to have them back. Fuck the begrudgers. It's totally been worth the wait.

15 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

You guys can be creepy sometimes :lol:

It's called #Slaxl... and it's awesome, not creepy :PYou should see the women's thread :headbang:

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What do you mean "one of"? :max: Haha just kidding

2 hours ago, nonok said:

He just said "can everyone wish a big happy birthday to Slash" and Slash started his solo. Although we know Slash to be a really shy guy so I agree with the people who think he probably told Axl not to make a big deal out of it and make the crowd sing to him.

I agree, knowing Slash I think he would have probably quit the band again if Axl got the crowd singing him happy birthday :lol:

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Oh please, don't even remind me about him, and, yeah forever grateful, trust me :P I read he joined a Rock N' Roll band after quiting football. Good for him and all the football world actually...guess he finally found his talent, the one who told him that it was on football mislead him well...

Haha yeah, that's true! I actually think he was actually pretty talented but he was the most unprofessional player ever. Now he can party all he wants... Don't wanna even imagine what Porto fans must think about argentinians now :P