11/23/16 - Medellin, CO - Estadio Atanasio Girardot

alfierose

17 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

They didn't play Catcher or TWAT at either of the shows I went to so admittedly I'm going off YouTube videos, but I think Catcher and TWAT both sound a little empty with this lineup. I like what Slash is doing but I think the song is missing some of the three guitar attack that NUGNR had. Maybe Melissa could be doing more? 

I realize this would normally be sacrilege to say, but the NUGNR band was specifically engineered to play these Chinese Democracy Songs, and to be fair to Slash and Duff they're essentially doing the best they can with a cover. 

I'm patiently waiting for Madagascar 2016.

I've only seen them do Catcher but when you're there it sounds a lot more 'full'. I actually think it was one of the highlights from the Seattle show.

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've only seen them do Catcher but when you're there it sounds a lot more 'full'. I actually think it was one of the highlights from the Seattle show.

I'm glad to hear that. I had a feeling that would be the case. Everything sounds more full at the show. 

On 11/23/2016 at 2:16 PM, marlingrl03 said:

When you think about it...yes, you are right. Many countries including the US probably need these signs too. I was just taken aback for this is the first time I have personally seen this sign for a GNR concert this tour.

I agree. One thing that was different when I saw the Dodger Stadium show was that they were selling bottled water but when we were going to our seats we weren't allowed to bring it with. We had to dump our water into plastic cups. I get it, it wouldn't feel good to get hit by a bottled water but then why sell it and make us dump half of it out because it wouldn't fit into the cup.<_<

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

:headbang:

Good, but where's Adler? perhaps he has been playing with a cover band at the time. For shame. Not even a permanent spot to play 2 to 5 tunes. As is it sounds great though. It's not like Frank is doing a horrible job. I've seen him fuck up sometimes, but it's less about him for me and more about why the fuck not with Adler as well?

Not to be a cunt but Izzy got to play 5 songs sometimes with new Guns. Steven sounds great, everyone knows he's not going to be the main Guns drummer. There is no risk or good enough of a reason to just give him such a small taste.

But Axl doesn't want him there too much probably. It really sucks as I would have loved to go see a show with Steven playing a couple of tunes but the chances of that are slimmer than a new Guns release. The best part of this nostalgia tour, to hear it the closest it can be to the classic sound, is being fucked with. We know it sounds more Gn'R with Steven on Appetite tunes.

Didn't even get to play Paradise City. Gay.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Good, but where's Adler? perhaps he has been playing with a cover band at the time. For shame. Not even a permanent spot to play 2 to 5 tunes. As is it sounds great though. It's not like Frank is doing a horrible job. I've seen him fuck up sometimes, but it's less about him for me and more about why the fuck not with Adler as well?

Not to be a cunt but Izzy got to play 5 songs sometimes with new Guns. Steven sounds great, everyone knows he's not going to be the main Guns drummer. There is no risk or good enough of a reason to just give him such a small taste.

But Axl doesn't want him there too much probably. It really sucks as I would have loved to go see a show with Steven playing a couple of tunes but the chances of that are slimmer than a new Guns release. The best part of this nostalgia tour, to hear it the closest it can be to the classic sound, is being fucked with. We know it sounds more Gn'R with Steven on Appetite tunes.

Didn't even get to play Paradise City. Gay.

The tour just started back in June man. I'm sure Steven will get his turn playing other Appetite tunes sometime in the next years. I find this whole Steven situation awkward and just hope the rumour is true that he cant be in full time right now due to his back recovering. But they wont damn him forever to play those same 2 songs that's for sure. This whole Guns thing just started 7 months ago it could go on for the next 10 or 15 years we don't know.

6 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Slash nailed it. The This I Love solo chord progression allows Slash to bring it to a more Godfather theme like approach. Amazing performance. It will improve even more, but you can hear he is way more comfortable playing on the changes and it has direction despite the many notes.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

How so? Too much rasp or too little?  Personally I was pleasantly surprised. He's not taking the easy route by using his helium voice. He's actually putting some effort into it with the rasp. At some points it sounds a little rough, but I prefer that voice compared to the helium voice. Overall he sounds good.

his voice is not continuous... hes just saying the words not singing and the rasp is breaking if there's any...

• Like 1

Slash is playing out of his mind - I cant even imagine  a year from now while still touring what he will do - Slash is adding  several notes and bends to every song just like UYI tour -  amazing - this show might have been the best so far