Wolf whistling now a hate crime it seems!

Dazey

Good- because receiving unprovoked attention from a man in a public space is intimidating. Men know they're not going to get anywhere with it, they just want to show who's boss. 

One sunny afternoon I was walking outside my flat, on the first day of the last World Cup. A shirtless man outside a pub, beer in one had, cig in the other, shouted something at me. I didn't hear what, but I'm sure that if any woman shouted in the street at a complete stranger utter nonsense, people would think she's loony. But this guy was excused because he was in the pub, drinking and it was the World Cup. 

A 'hate crime' haha. Somewhat the reverse one would feel?

I'm not sure if you are even meant to give up your seat on a bus or help a woman with her luggage on a train now? I always wonder if she is going to be a militant political correct nutter? Most of Brief Encounter would now be considered a 'hate crime' in this day and age haha. What a sad joyless world we live in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A 'hate crime' haha. Somewhat the reverse one would feel?

I'm not sure if you are even meant to give up your seat on a bus or help a woman with her luggage on a train now? I always wonder if she is going to be a militant political correct nutter? Most of Brief Encounter would now be considered a 'hate crime' in this day and age haha. What a sad joyless world we live in.

Yet people will still wonder why people are wound up so tight and eventually snap.

Well the term wolf whistle kind of implies predatory behaviour in its self though. 

I remember the first time I was whistled at by a group of men whilst on holiday in France, I was 11 or 12 and wearing a matching disney t-shirt and shorts set, I was also with my mother at the time. :facepalm:

It's never a pleasant experience, luckily it never happens now mostly because I've reached an age of relative invisibility and partly because I imagine that a fair proportion of men recognise it's inappropriate these days. (I might be totally wrong on that though, perhaps like the Cologne incidents certain behaviours are on the rise)

Not sure how criminalising it can be enforced as such and I doubt it will often in reality, unless someone is a repeat offender but at least it sets out a clear message. 'Oi Guv, Whistler Jim is at it outside The Feathers again, send the flying squad to nick him and bring him in' :lol:

17 minutes ago, alfierose said:

it sets out a clear message. 'Oi Guv, Whistler Jim is at it outside The Feathers again, send the flying squad to nick him and bring him in' :lol:

And people say our police are wasting money as it is!

34 minutes ago, wasted said:

I take it to the max everyday. 

I hope you are doing well and taking medications on time, I heard you are making a reality show on your condition, I hope everything works out well for you man. 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

I hope you are doing well and taking medications on time, I heard you are making a reality show on your condition, I hope everything works out well for you man. 

Just working on a title:

The Price is AIDS or Wheel of You Have AIDS!

?

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

PC ideology and cultural marxism, or whatever they call it, has to die out already.

Whys it Karl Marxes fault?!? :lol:. I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Das Kapital about driving past Grace on her way home from work and shouting 'Oi big tits, looking for some action?!'.  

To be fair you could justifiably shout the same at McLeod too :lol:

On a serious note I dunno about the hate crime bit, I suppose it all depends on how girls feel about it and I ain't girl.  Does anybody wolf whistle anymore still?  

Edited by Len B'stard

15 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Good- because receiving unprovoked attention from a man in a public space is intimidating. Men know they're not going to get anywhere with it, they just want to show who's boss. 

Seriously? Intimidating? If I give a girl I don't know attention in public, perhaps I just want to talk to someone new?

Sexual harassment is wrong - it's not hard to find it, the gangs of lads laughing and jeering, that's awful and happens on a regular occurrence for some women and I think it is actually a good idea to take this more seriously.

Whistling is not a hate crime though.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Political correctness originated among communist states, e.g. USSR and East Germany, obsessed about 'correct' party dogma.

That explains Britain First and their continued assertion that racism is a made up word (what other kinds of words are there?) that Leon Trotsky came up with.