Pokemon Go

wasted

I downloaded this game for my phone. But then thought fuck this. 

But actually everyone else (or quite a few people, sorry Jim) seem to be into it. 

I thought Facebook was dumb so what do I know. But this seems completely without merit. Don't you know there's a war on!

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

I downloaded this game for my phone. But then thought fuck this. 

But actually everyone else (or quite a few people, sorry Jim) seem to be into it. 

I thought Facebook was dumb so what do I know. But this seems completely without merit. Don't you know there's a war on!

Did anybody try to lure you to Poké u man?

Edited by Snake-Pit

I tried it, fully expecting to get on the hype train. What happened was, I went out for a 90 minute walk, found six basic Pokemon, three of which were the same, used up a lot of phone battery, unintentionally pointed my camera at a breastfeeding woman and promised myself I'd delete the app because it seems kinda boring and I don't feel like I've gotta catch 'em all.

12 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

I tried it, fully expecting to get on the hype train. What happened was, I went out for a 90 minute walk, found six basic Pokemon, three of which were the same, used up a lot of phone battery, unintentionally pointed my camera at a breastfeeding woman and promised myself I'd delete the app because it seems kinda boring and I don't feel like I've gotta catch 'em all.

ello?

I could see this leading to virtual walking tours for tourists instead of feeding into people's obsessive nature of collecting stuff and bucket lists. I'm sure there's someone who's going to try to go around the world to set a record and have bragging rights. 

Very neat game

I'm wondering what kind of staying power it will have though. After a little while I got burned out on it pretty quickly. Purely as a game, its mechanics and design is pretty disappointing, the charm of it comes from getting in touch with walking around and interacting with environments and locations you wouldn't typically interact with.

I'm pretty active already, so I usually forget to open the app when I'm already out and about. There's just not enough Pokemon, not enough quintessential Pokemon features, like battling and trading with other players, and in fact you can't even interact with other players in the game in almost any way.

It's a cool novelty, and hopefully is the prefix of future games like this with more features