Re-releases of ChiDem with Slash/Duff?

We all know of the Ashba (Better) leak. I think it would be cool if they released the Slash/Duff versions of some of the CD songs that are being played.

Re-released Studio recording of:

This I Love

Better

Sorry

Chinese Democracy

I'd much rather have new material, but it would be cool to hear some of these as studio recordings. 

I'd rather hear properly unheard stuff. Whether it's from the Chi Dem years or even earlier with Slash and Duff adding their own contributions, or perhaps something totally new. 

They could still put out a live record which would obviously have the current bands' take on the previously released Chinese tunes.

• Like 2

Like I said, I'd much rather have brand new material, but hearing re-recordings with Slash and Duff's take on these songs would be a fresh listen. CD is starting to gain potential among mainstream listeners. You can see it on social media now with the recent media posts about them playing "Sorry". The comments are actually positive, stating how much they love CD now that they have given it a chance. I, personally, place it among my favorite albums, not only because of the music, but also because it was the gateway to GN'R for me as a teenager. Yeah yeah, I'm 24 :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

Like I said, I'd much rather have brand new material, but hearing re-recordings with Slash and Duff's take on these songs would be a fresh listen. CD is starting to gain potential among mainstream listeners. You can see it on social media now with the recent media posts about them playing "Sorry". The comments are actually positive, stating how much they love CD now that they have given it a chance. I, personally, place it among my favorite albums, not only because of the music, but also because it was the gateway to GN'R for me as a teenager. Yeah yeah, I'm 24 :lol:

Slash and Duff have given a new gateway to the CD songs, they have taken it to the next level for many fans coming to the shows, those songs are basically new, they don't care about Robin or Buckethead, you wont believe me but Ive seen many people who like some GNR songs and they don't even know Who is Slash or Axl. 

But at the moment its high time they release some new music, I really don't know whats the delay, when they are charging shit loads of money for the shows then we fans expect some new songs too. It is very unfair to the shows, yeah we wanted a reunion and this is a dream come true, but they see as a business deal, so at least release some songs for the fans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Seems like it would be pretty disrespectful to everyone who made Chinese Democracy. Make new music instead.

The people that want this are probably the same ones that wanted NuGuns to re-record Appetite

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Seems like it would be pretty disrespectful to everyone who made Chinese Democracy. Make new music instead.

The people who made Chinese Democracy don't even care about Chinese Democracy, they are just pissed that their songs are stuck with Axl and they can't even use their own songs, especially Bucket. 

But yeah I'd rather prefer new music. 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Slash and Duff have given a new gateway to the CD songs, they have taken it to the next level for many fans coming to the shows, those songs are basically new, they don't care about Robin or Buckethead, you wont believe me but Ive seen many people who like some GNR songs and they don't even know Who is Slash or Axl. 

But at the moment its high time they release some new music, I really don't know whats the delay, when they are charging shit loads of money for the shows then we fans expect some new songs too. It is very unfair to the shows, yeah we wanted a reunion and this is a dream come true, but they see as a business deal, so at least release some songs for the fans. 

Yeah I totally agree. That brings up another point, with more fans becoming familiar with these Slash/Duff-style CD songs, it'd give a perfect opportunity for Axl to properly release the music that is dear to his heart, and maybe with the 2nd go, it will receive more of a positive welcome. 

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Ive seen many people who like some GNR songs and they don't even know Who is Slash or Axl. 

I doubt that there is more than 5 people in these venues that don't know who Slash or Axl are.. I also don't think that 99.9% of the people that bought tickets care about seeing new music at this point in time or think it is unfair.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The people that want this are probably the same ones that wanted NuGuns to re-record Appetite

This is actually quite the opposite of that entirely. Wouldn't it be more towards the fans who wanted Slash and Duff to record on ChiDem originally? 

1 minute ago, Un42nutzly said:

This is actually quite the opposite of that entirely. Wouldn't it be more towards the fans who wanted Slash and Duff to record on ChiDem originally? 

I would have like to see Slash and Duff working with Axl back then yes.. That way they could have potentially released an album that wasn't as awful as CD. The album is what it is at this point. I'd rather not see the band waste any more time re-recording what I see as crap songs whether they make them a little better or not.  Just my opinion. I respect yours.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I would have like to see Slash and Duff working with Axl back then yes.. That way they could have potentially released an album that wasn't as awful as CD. The album is what it is at this point. I'd rather not see the band waste any more time re-recording what I see as crap songs whether they make them a little better or not.  Just my opinion. I respect yours.

Yeah :lol: I get the sense you aren't a fan of CD. That's understandable, and that's the point of this thread (to get opinions of a re-release happening). I've come to like your perspective, it's real, it's harsh, but you're still a GN'R fan (so we are on the same team)

• Like 1

Just now, EvH said:

That would reach Ozzy 2001 remasters levels of cringe and pointlessness. 

but the new version of Better is so fierce and rock n' roll... if mixed right, I think it could be a HIT on the radio. 

46 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The people who made Chinese Democracy don't even care about Chinese Democracy, they are just pissed that their songs are stuck with Axl and they can't even use their own songs, especially Bucket. 

But yeah I'd rather prefer new music. 

Not really true, those guys were shit on for their tenure and had to be cautious about what they said. It's not for us to say they didn't care. They cared, not to the point of insanity but they cared enough to tour for a decades. 

But re-recording isn't a bad idea but it seems to go against Axl's love of nu Guns. Even live he goves everything on Chi dem, Better, TIL. But you can see he's also into Slash and Duff's new parts and darker vibe. 

• Like 2

i was going to post something like this in the chicago review thread, but i never got around to doing so. fits better here anyway.

i've been having a hard time imagining what a new old GN'R record would even sound like at this point. i know that axl has played slash and duff some of the songs he had (he mentioned at that china exchange interview), and he said they were into them. but how much will each side be willing to compromise when they're writing? surely slash is going to want to tune down the electronic elements in the tracks and i can't imagine axl singing over pretty basic hard rock songs at all anymore. lyrically speaking, his style of writing is a complete 180 from the UYI era. i guess, when it comes to new music, i'm going to miss robin and bucket, as i feel like they were really pushing boundaries for axl that he was excited about. i can't see slash or duff writing anything similar to them, obviously, so i suppose i don't know where the sincerity of any new music will be other than sincerely wanting a paycheck.

sorry for ramblin'!

1 minute ago, SurfsUp said:

i was going to post something like this in the chicago review thread, but i never got around to doing so. fits better here anyway.

i've been having a hard time imagining what a new old GN'R record would even sound like at this point. i know that axl has played slash and duff some of the songs he had (he mentioned at that china exchange interview), and he said they were into them. but how much will each side be willing to compromise when they're writing? surely slash is going to want to tune down the electronic elements in the tracks and i can't imagine axl singing over pretty basic hard rock songs at all anymore. lyrically speaking, his style of writing is a complete 180 from the UYI era. i guess, when it comes to new music, i'm going to miss robin and bucket, as i feel like they were really pushing boundaries for axl that he was excited about. i can't see slash or duff writing anything similar to them, obviously, so i suppose i don't know where the sincerity of any new music will be other than sincerely wanting a paycheck.

sorry for ramblin'!

I'm not too sure about that theory regarding about Axl not wanting to sing over basic hard rock songs. I firmly believe that his AC/DC trek so far has given him a re-sparked liking to straight up rock n roll. He goes absolutely nuts on those hard-edged songs and I think it has inspired him. 

• Like 1

Id like it as a bonus disc or having the songa tacked onto another greatest hits, but I also see how that could be disrespectful to the guys that wrote and recorded them.

Kickass live versions on a bluray will suffice for me!

• Like 1

Get over CD for fuck sake.

The only way i want to hear CD2 is the already recorded version(original) with Finck, Bucket, Stinson, etc. We had enough of rearrangements, new pointless solos replacing perfect ones like May's on Catcher, new effects, sub bass, etc.

New music with Duff and Slash or the "old/vault" material as is.

• Like 2