Re-releases of ChiDem with Slash/Duff?

I would like a live album where they pick the best versions of all the songs from all their shows.

But I also think just a simple unpolished studio recording of the current band on Chinese would be interesting. Nothing official, just something to sake my curiosity on what their take would be.

I just can't see Slash and Duff re-recording songs that have already been released on CD. They are both productive, professional musicians who regularly release new music, showing their need to express their own ideas. Live versions on the inevitable NITL CD/DVD are good enough for me. Maybe a bonus version of Better with the new intro, only because it is drastically different than the original? But I still wouldn't expect this. As far as new studio material goes, I wouldn't expect a new album until long after this tour ends. Best case is late next year or sometime in 2018. Then, if all goes well, another stadium tour. Slash and Duff could easily continue their own projects between GN'R cycles.

At this point in time it's better they debut the songs of the supposed CD2 with Slash and Duff on it, I'm not that interested in hearing another version of the existent CD music.

But of course I'd prefer Izzy to be part of a new GNR album. He's too important for the success of the band's music.

On 7/15/2016 at 11:47 AM, Un42nutzly said:

We all know of the Ashba (Better) leak. I think it would be cool if they released the Slash/Duff versions of some of the CD songs that are being played.

Re-released Studio recording of:

This I Love

Better

Sorry

Chinese Democracy

I'd much rather have new material, but it would be cool to hear some of these as studio recordings. 

I'd take it just to have a studio version of the new intro to Better.

• Like 1

Nah. As others have said I only really want to hear CD material if it's unreleased and released as is without any re-recording by Slash and Duff. Although if Axl does go forward with releasing CD stuff I think that's probably what we'll be getting. 

On July 15, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Un42nutzly said:

We all know of the Ashba (Better) leak. I think it would be cool if they released the Slash/Duff versions of some of the CD songs that are being played.

Re-released Studio recording of:

This I Love

Better

Sorry

Chinese Democracy

I'd much rather have new material, but it would be cool to hear some of these as studio recordings. 

There are already reported to be 2-3 remixes of Better and This I Love. Do we really need more? 

Love Slash and Duff, but are they really going to change the sounds of songs so much that GnR should do that route instead of:

Brand new songs 

Slash/Duff working on unreleased CD2 songs. 

IMO remixes, live and greatest hits are the last things that GnR should be concentrating on. 

Releasing new or unreleased music is the only thing that should be on their minds. 

On July 15, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Un42nutzly said:

That's why a studio recording would be so intriguing. It would be a polished recording that has solidarity to it. Right now, the solos are awesome, but they do seem improvised a bit.

If these were put to a recording, I feel the work would be more polished and have a permanent feel to it.

It would have to be as bonus tracks or B-sides. 

Axl has released one album or original material in the last 25 years. And that one was almost eight years ago. 

If his long awaited follow-up is a remix album of old songs.......it would be a huge F-U to those who have followed his career for the past 30 years. 

After listening to "Sorry" with Sluff, I'd be really curious to see what they would do with the CD songs in the studio. A lot of Chinese songs can be saved with Duff and Slash -- IRS for example would get some immense riffage from Slash.

4 hours ago, RONIN said:

After listening to "Sorry" with Sluff, I'd be really curious to see what they would do with the CD songs in the studio. A lot of Chinese songs can be saved with Duff and Slash -- IRS for example would get some immense riffage from Slash.

Please...no. the changes by Duff and Slash are too small to give it a new try.

On 7/16/2016 at 9:06 PM, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

CD2 should be left and released as is. I hope Axl doesn't use the fact of the NITL tour and the fact Slash and Duff touring with Axl to never drop CD2 and never drop CD2 as is and left as is

In the grand scheme of things nobody gives a shit about CD as is. Fuck that. If Axl insists on putting that material out for it to have any amount of success it need to be recorded with Slash at the very least.  Honestly though the entire CD era needs to fucking die. It's been 17 years and we've got people hard up to have it continue. Fuck that.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 6:25 PM, Tom-Ass said:

The people that want this are probably the same ones that wanted NuGuns to re-record Appetite

I still want to hear it, though I never wanted it in the first place. The band did it while prepping for 2001-2002 correct? If it's in the can, I don't mind hearing it - at least out of curiosity. He'll I might enjoy it, who's to say.

They should release a digital EP, with a following tracklist of re-recorded songs:

Chinese Revolver EP

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Better
3. Fall to Pieces
4. Slither
5. This I Love

Then release a 10-song album as soon as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Enough Chinese Democracy! 

Bury that fucking era once for all and release completely new music.

By this logic we wouldn't have November Rain, Don't Cry, Bad Obsession, Back off Bitch, Heaven's Door, This I Love. Even stuff on CD was old material. 

I agree to a degree that a new...every single time I hit the same wall of reality. GNR was quite a lot of Izzy and Axl writing wise. So without Izzy we are asking Axl to write a bunch of material just to satisfy "reunion" prerequisites. To Axl Catcher is just a song that means a lot him, notsome symbol Nu Guns Axl/Slash feud that needs to be banished so we can save rock history. 

But still Jungle, SCOM, PC, Garden of Eden, Coma, Locomtive are Slash writing. So I think it could be a new writing team of Slash, Duff and Axl for fresh material. But still I think the best Axl material seems to take a while lyrically/vocally. Axl's writing is timeless or whatever, the process isn't improved by it just being written yesterday. Just my take. 

Slash's solo material to me really needs work to be GNR songs. In my opinion. Axl might tweak it a little. 

Even AFD had a old batch, new batch thing. It was a 10 writing period. 

In the end this whole totally new material thing seems far fetched and almost irrelevant but not impossible. 

But it's a lot to leave behind. 

But maybe it would give the band fans the boost it needs. Just a clean fresh break. Some fans need it to move on. 

To me though it would come as basically Axl and Duff on a Slash record. Not such a bad idea, but as Guns it might not have the weight and be undercooked? 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

By this logic we wouldn't have November Rain, Don't Cry, Bad Obsession, Back off Bitch, Heaven's Door, This I Love. Even stuff on CD was old material. 

I agree to a degree that a new...every single time I hit the same wall of reality. GNR was quite a lot of Izzy and Axl writing wise. So without Izzy we are asking Axl to write a bunch of material just to satisfy "reunion" prerequisites. To Axl Catcher is just a song that means a lot him, notsome symbol Nu Guns Axl/Slash feud that needs to be banished so we can save rock history. 

But still Jungle, SCOM, PC, Garden of Eden, Coma, Locomtive are Slash writing. So I think it could be a new writing team of Slash, Duff and Axl for fresh material. But still I think the best Axl material seems to take a while lyrically/vocally. Axl's writing is timeless or whatever, the process isn't improved by it just being written yesterday. Just my take. 

Slash's solo material to me really needs work to be GNR songs. In my opinion. Axl might tweak it a little. 

Even AFD had a old batch, new batch thing. It was a 10 writing period. 

In the end this whole totally new material thing seems far fetched and almost irrelevant but not impossible. 

But it's a lot to leave behind. 

But maybe it would give the band fans the boost it needs. Just a clean fresh break. Some fans need it to move on. 

To me though it would come as basically Axl and Duff on a Slash record. Not such a bad idea, but as Guns it might not have the weight and be undercooked? 

Just read the first sentence and I have to disagree completely. Please don't compair the classic era with the CD era.

43 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Just read the first sentence and I have to disagree completely. Please don't compair the classic era with the CD era.

How dare I not have double standards!

But I did go on to agree with you anyway so same difference. 

I do kind of like idea of this newish line up having a new era. Not to be weighed down by the stigma of CD. 

But then I like the Sluff versions of CD tracks. 

So it's just GNR as usual. A totally chaotic, shambles but it works!

On 7/15/2016 at 1:27 PM, Un42nutzly said:

I'm not too sure about that theory regarding about Axl not wanting to sing over basic hard rock songs. I firmly believe that his AC/DC trek so far has given him a re-sparked liking to straight up rock n roll. He goes absolutely nuts on those hard-edged songs and I think it has inspired him. 

And he volunteered!  To sing for the rock band that always sounds he same, according to some.  Would love new stuff, whether it be some of the CD leftovers we've been hearing about for years, the project material before VR, or brand new stuff, or a combination of the 3.