Don't Damn Me

Why haven't they played Don't Damn Me live ever? 

Have they ever rehearsed the song live?

Is there some comment from the members about that song?

Do you guys think it would do any good to send a request/petition or something for that song to be played?

Great riff, Great lyrics.. :headbang: 

• Like 2

Yeah it's hard to sing and lots of lyrics.. but if he could sing Perfect Crime and Coma etc then why not try DDM?

8 minutes ago, SurfsUp said:

probably because it'd be a tough song to sing. so many lyrics to remember, no real place to catch your breath, etc. etc. etc.

I remember the lyrics just fine, even while really drunk so i think Axl would know the lyrics.. But i agree on the "tough to sing" part..

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 1

I remember a quote from Axl about it saying that they never did it live because the studio version "spoke for itself" or "said everything it needed to say" or something like that. Which is pretty clearly a cop-out, unless he feels all the songs they do perform don't speak for themselves or don't say what they need to say.:laugh:

• Like 1

^hey what do you know sometimes people actually do ask them good questions!

Confused though Don't Damn Me does have a lot of words but its sung in his It's So Easy/CD voice. I think Axl can pull it off. Slash's solo is tough but I think he can pull it off now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gnr>everything said:

I remember a quote from Axl about it saying that they never did it live because the studio version "spoke for itself" or "said everything it needed to say" or something like that. Which is pretty clearly a cop-out, unless he feels all the songs they do perform don't speak for themselves or don't say what they need to say.:laugh:

I have back in my head that i've read that too somewhere...

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

- The GnR song "Don't Damn me" was never played during the Illusion tour, would you consider playing it on the upcoming (SMKC) tour?

Slash: No, there's a reason for that, it's too many words. It's a cool song and everything, I think even Axl never did it because ... too many words without a breath and it just makes it really impossible to do it live.

I dont get it...Dont Damn Me is too many words too fast, but they play coma now? lol

Axl sings the ending to Coma good enough..they should totally attempt this song Axl can do it

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

yea the end of Coma and YCBM seem way tougher to me as they contain a ton of words with the high pitch rasp! 

Like I said DDM does have a lot of words but its sung in a much more comfortable register like Easy & CD

Agree! BUT if Axl himself says that it's too hard maybe it won't sound any good if they tried now.. idk..

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Oxygen is the reason. 

Ha Ha. Yeah, probably. I totally love that song, but it is fast to sing and tons of lyrics to remember too.

I love listening to that song. Love the lyrics. So true about GNR and Axl especially. He's always said what he's felt, and damn everyone else.:axl92:

14 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Because Don't Damn Me is just a filler on Use your Illusion I.

Well it says something when the "filler" of an album is also one of its best songs.  I have always loved that song, it kicks so much ass.

My top 3 on UYI I: 

1. Don't Damn Me

2. Coma

3. Back Off Bitch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jknaus23 said:

Well it says something when the "filler" of an album is also one of its best songs.  I have always loved that song, it kicks so much ass.

My top 3 on UYI I: 

1. Don't Damn Me

2. Coma

3. Back Off Bitch

The 3 best songs on UYI 1 are:

Dust N Bones

Coma

and, duh, Bad Apples!  J/K the 3rd best song is actually November Rain I suppose.......