Rank AFD songs (The Final Results)

1. Paradise City (12)

2. Welcome To The Jungle (11)

3. Out Ta Get Me (10)

4. It's So Easy (9)

5. Think About You (8)

6. Sweet Child O' Mine (yeah you get the idea)

7. Anything Goes

8. Mr. Brownstone

9. Nightrain

10. My Michelle

11. You're Crazy

12. Rocket Queen

21 hours ago, thunderram said:

You're Crazy (3pts) ... the Lies version would be in the top 5 for me.

I agree, You're Crazy, from GNR Lies, is the better version of the song.  It's the one I put in my GNR playlist for my ipod.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I agree, You're Crazy, from GNR Lies, is the better version of the song.  It's the one I put in my GNR playlist for my ipod.

I like both versions, don't get me wrong. But it's amazing -- on this particular song anyway -- how the tempo change and acoustic sound makes a drastic difference to me. I actually like the acoustic/electric mix they did on the FOX Late Show the best.

While both versions are cool, I think the slower tempo allows AXL's voice to really stand out more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Epson said:

11. You're Crazy - 94 points

P.S. Poor Anything Goes :no:

I realize that it's a small sample size and also doesn't represent the average fan, but I'm still surprised to see You're Crazy lower than Think About You. Also surprised to see Think About You get more love than Anything Goes. Must be the Chris Weber effect :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, thunderram said:

I realize that it's a small sample size and also doesn't represent the average fan, but I'm still surprised to see You're Crazy lower than Think About You. Also surprised to see Think About You get more love than Anything Goes. Must be the Chris Weber effect :shrugs:

Yes, that and Paradise not being in top 5 are a bit surprising. It's also interesting that 13 people out of 33 picked Rocket Queen as their #1, It's almost 40% of people. Although i think in a long run WTTJ will be placed #1 eventually.

I don't skip any songs when I listen to Appetite all the way through.  But, given the amount of songs they had at the time, it is odd that Anything Goes made the final cut.

I thought the song was funny when it came out because I was 13 years old.  It doesn't hold up so well all these years later, but still just a silly song.

8 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I don't skip any songs when I listen to Appetite all the way through.  But, given the amount of songs they had at the time, it is odd that Anything Goes made the final cut.

I thought the song was funny when it came out because I was 13 years old.  It doesn't hold up so well all these years later, but still just a silly song.

Yeah i agree about Anything Goes. I would have loved it if Reckless Life or Perfect Crime was on there instead. Reckless life in particular is just screaming out to be on that album it fits the vibe perfectly.

Edited by Silverburst80

2 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah i agree about Anything Goes. I would have loved it if Reckless Life or Perfect Crime was on there instead. Reckless life in particular is just screaming out to be on that album it fits the vibe perfectly.

Was Perfect Crime an option back then? Perhaps I'm wrong, but my memory is that it was a song that came about after the release of AFD -- sometime later in '87 or in '88.

Reckless Life was certainly an option, as was Shadow of Your Love and Don't Cry. I believe AXL said they didn't release Don't Cry because they wanted all the harder stuff released first.

4 hours ago, Epson said:

It's also interesting that 13 people out of 33 picked Rocket Queen as their #1, It's almost 40% of people. Although i think in a long run WTTJ will be placed #1 eventually.

I mentioned that earlier, as I am surprised as well. But, having thought about it a bit more, the POV of the average member of this site -- with regard to GN'R -- isn't exactly representative of the average fair-weather fan. For the most part, we have much deeper interest in the band and a lot more knowledge and awareness of their catalog. Because of that, we have more options to choose from and our tastes have widened as a result. There's probably a good deal of people out there that would tell you that they like Guns N' Roses but that have probably not heard the song much (or at all) because it wasn't ever released as a single or played on the radio in heavy rotation. Those type of fans are more likely to choose SCOM, Jungle or PC and not a deeper cut like RQ.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thunderram said:

Was Perfect Crime an option back then? Perhaps I'm wrong, but my memory is that it was a song that came about after the release of AFD -- sometime later in '87 or in '88.

Reckless Life was certainly an option, as was Shadow of Your Love and Don't Cry. I believe AXL said they didn't release Don't Cry because they wanted all the harder stuff released first.

I mentioned that earlier, as I am surprised as well. But, having thought about it a bit more, the POV of the average member of this site -- with regard to GN'R -- isn't exactly representative of the average fair-weather fan. For the most part, we have much deeper interest in the band and a lot more knowledge and awareness of their catalog. Because of that, we have more options to choose from and our tastes have widened as a result. There's probably a good deal of people out there that would tell you that they like Guns N' Roses but that have probably not heard the song much (or at all) because it wasn't ever released as a single or played on the radio in heavy rotation. Those type of fans are more likely to choose SCOM, Jungle or PC and not a deeper cut like RQ.

You might be right i thought Perfect Crime was floating around pre AFD like YCBM but maybe it still needed work.

1. Out Ta Get Me (12)

2. Sweet Child O' Mine (11)

3. Nightrain (10)

4.Mr.Brownstone (9)

5. Rocket Queen (8)

6. Welcome To The Jungle (7)

7. You're Crazy (6)

8. It's So Easy (5)

9. Paradise City (4)

10. Think About You (3)

11. My Michelle (2)

12. Anything Goes (1)

Welcome to the Jungle (12)

It's So Easy (11)

Paradise City (10)

Rocket Queen (9)

Nightrain (8)

Sweet Child O' Mine (7)

Mr. Brownstone (6)

Out Ta Get Me (5)

My Michelle (4)

You're Crazy (3)

Think About You (2)

Anything Goes (1)

Edited by AlexC

1. Paradise City

2. Nightrain

3. Mr. Brownstone

4. Out to Get Me

5. Rocket Queen

6. Welcome To the Jungle

7. Anything Goes (I am SHOCKED that this song seems to be the least favorite on this forum)

8. It's So Easy

9. My Michelle

10. Thinkin About You

11. Sweet Child O' Mine

12. You're Crazy (The Lies version would've  ranked Top 5 though)

1. Welcome To The Jungle (12)

2 .Sweet Child O' Mine (11)

3.Nightrain (10)

4.Rocket Queen (9)

5. Mr.Brownstone (8)

6. My Michelle (7)

7. It's So Easy (6)

8. Paradise City (5)

9. Out Ta Get Me (4)

10. You're Crazy (3)  *acoustic version would bump this up a few notches

11.Think About You (2)

12.Anything Goes (1)