Not in this lifetime tour attendance/crowd

5 hours ago, bedilkaromawar said:

Does anybody knew about how many attendance/crowd per show ? especially from detroit untill toronto?

just checked wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour 

only a few shows updated

cheers

thanks

I am actually trying to work on this to get these numbers, I will update either here or I will link it when I do

An interesting comparison is looking at this current 25 stadium tour vs the summer stadium 1992 tour with Metallica.  You had arguably the 2 biggest rock acts touring together. 

They basically sold out every show except for a few (LA didn't sell out...odd??).  The fact that GnR alone in 2016 can sell out (some) and pack (what 30K or so) in the others is amazing, but not shocking. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses/Metallica_Stadium_Tour

2 hours ago, Original said:

An interesting comparison is looking at this current 25 stadium tour vs the summer stadium 1992 tour with Metallica.  You had arguably the 2 biggest rock acts touring together. 

They basically sold out every show except for a few (LA didn't sell out...odd??).  The fact that GnR alone in 2016 can sell out (some) and pack (what 30K or so) in the others is amazing, but not shocking. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses/Metallica_Stadium_Tour

they also played the Rose Bowl, so that was basically two LA shows.

3 hours ago, GnRDuff1 said:

I'm actually super excited to see about the Philadelphia attendance. The place looked absolutely packed from the pit.

Every time they put the house lights on in between songs, I did not see one empty seat.  Even in the rafters.

Everything so far indicates this is a very lucrative tour thus far for the band and the promoters. At the end of the day everyone is getting something out of this rather it's the fans, the band, or promoters. It's been a great run so far and they are very early in the process. 

I expect it to continue and gain momentum as they finish the North American run and move overseas. The Guns N Roses brand is as strong as it's been in 23 years. Reviews are good, attendance is great, and the money is taking care of itself. Everyone did well here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D-GenerationX said:

Every time they put the house lights on in between songs, I did not see one empty seat.  Even in the rafters.

Crowd was insane. I kept looking behind me in awe. There were only a few empty rows. I did some math on my own and my guess is about 49-52k. I calculated the seats on the floor and estimated the people up in the bowl after taking away the closed sections. 

50 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Forgive my ignorance, they are getting $3mil per show min/max, or it really depends on the ticket sales?

The promoters have already agreed to give them $3 million regardless per show. So the promoters job at that point is to make enough to pay the band and make enough to make it worth their time and money spent on advertisement. 

Some shows they don't quite reach the mark but then you get the sold out shows that are making them a ton of money and overage pay, so some goes back to the band and some goes back to promotion.

everyone has done good on this tour. Gnr is making the promoters money and getting theirs. The ticket prices have been high, but when your getting $3 million a show there was never going to be much room for decent prices. 

• Like 1