The coolest band of all TIME bar none....

Towelie

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

you english fucks. GNR were way cooler than the beattles

Not really a point worth arguing to be honest, the evidence to the contrary is on record and far greater than anything i could even begin to sum up with a post on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2016 at 9:35 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

you english fucks. GNR were way cooler than the beattles

I came in here with the intent to post something like;

'Guns N' Roses defined cool, Hell, The Beatles were cool..'

And I read that.

All time?

Band...

Hmmmmmmm...

Cool

'What is Cool?'

Define cool..

The Jimi Hendrix Experience were a cool band outta' Soho who experimented with guitar distortion pioneering modern electric guitar tones with Jim Marshall founder of Marshall Amps out Surrey way... Right...

That's cool.

(To me).

Guns N' Roses, I think they're music was cool. - That's reason enough for me. Great when interviewed or even when used in soundbites or whatever, they're 'cool' too.

Led Zeppelin; Were iconic, great, musically, great tours with jets - that was cool.

Black Sabbath rocked and were cool because they were honest hard working guys who produced music by putting all their hard earned money together to and investing into their art/'Black Sabbath' - inspiring, excessive, sweet/gentle (being young boys from Birmingham out on the other side of the world being chewed up by corporate rock, and it's cool to see Iommi and Ozzy still walking among us.  

Rolling Stones were cocky, that was cool.

The Beatles were loveable, that as well; cool, as were The Spice Girls.

White Zombie's cool, I like that band, they're style, sound, that's cool.

U2, Bono... I'd be lying if I told you I knew what U2 sounds like, and IDK, they're not really my thing, but, IDK without trying it, but... All the work Bono has done in using his celebrity to endorse and raise awareness to some very worthy causes, is cool too, to me.

Rage Against the Machine's rawness and sound/tone tunes/records, and what they seem do for worthy causes too, by raising awareness, donating, as a matter of fact, I believe Guns N' Roses do the same, like Slash raising awareness for missing people in L.A. with an extended version of Gotten or when Freddie Mercury passed and that show in Wembley went a ahead with their help and based on interviews I saw from back then on YouTube, Guns N' Roses (to me) seem to have did it for all the right reasons, and that raised awareness.

... N.W.A - a little fact about this band is, their debut album was funded with legitimate money even though they flew the banner of sex and drugs and being anti-law and violence and stuff. - It's because they got their heads together and did that way was a keystone in Universal Picture's involvement in Straight Outta Compton (2015); I thought that was cool.

Edited by Snake-Pit

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Len B'stard said:

Clearly you kids need a lesson on cool.  Well let me learns ya something:

James_Brown_and_Flames.jpg

band2.jpg

the_clash.jpg

TheStones02.jpeg

the-beatles.jpg

Skill, Style and Lairyness, the epitome of cool :)

Replace the last photo with a Hamburg/Revolver Era one and we're onto something. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Drama said:

Replace the last photo with a Hamburg/Revolver Era one and we're onto something. 

People constantly have a go at that suits era, i don't see whats wrong with it, if anything it was really smart and contemporary, it was mod style, in the early 60s when the mod shit was ACTUALLY happening.  There's something really hammy about dressing up in leathers and everyone going 'cor, you're street!', it's why The Stones are harder to take serious as street lads than The Beatles, cuz they made it look like a put on (which it was).  I love that pic personally, The Beatles walking around London like they owned it (which to be fair they might as well have at that point).  They just look the fuckin' dogs bollocks in the pic, smart as a tack. 

Thinking about this, I think it is certainly Hendrix Experience. Three guys with Dylan hairdos, two pasty-faced Brits and this exotic black-American dressed in highly original psychedelic clothing - purples, shocking reds, etc. Bloody incredible.

Buffalo Springfield were fairly cool, Stills with his cowboy hat and duckwalk thing, Neil with his whole Indian thing, caftan, etc.

buffalo-springfield-4e1d94dd3624b.jpg

The dynamic in this band was incredible. You had three Canadians and two Americans. Stills had the beach blond good looks and gravelly RnB voice, whereas Ritchie Furay had this Roy Orbison/Country voice. Then you chuck in Neil there, with this odd high-pitched voice, weird song-writing, having epileptic fits on stage haha.