The pizza thread

ZoSoRose

9 hours ago, soon said:

That breakfast pizza sounds so good!  Get yourself to the homecooking thread! 

Another city did their own soil test and used new standards for contamination and it kinda forced the Province to raise the bar too.  The perennials were already starting to go dormant but not yet loose their green, so Im worried about the stress of transplanting them to containers just in time for them to have their green die off and be covered in snow.  Hopefully.  I havent heard back for the Master Gardeners yet about it.

I've looked at the creations on that thread, dedicated chefs. Maybe I'll throw my hat in the ring, hope everyone likes salads 😂

That's tricky but I think you'll save them. The upside is people will be safe from the lead and then you can re-establish an even better garden. Alice Cooper can say some blessings for it. 

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, Pishy said:

I've looked at the creations on that thread, dedicated chefs. Maybe I'll throw my hat in the ring, hope everyone likes salads 😂

That's tricky but I think you'll save them. The upside is people will be safe from the lead and then you can re-establish an even better garden. Alice Cooper can say some blessings for it. 

lol - Alice Cooper!  This pizza would be perfect in the thread - so youre off to a great start!

Salads can be good :P

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This pizza was recently launched in Norway. Yes, it is a chocolate pizza.

67424555.jpg?imageId=67424555&width=1024

Even though it looks like a mash up of a chocolate tart and a chocolate torte, as a pizza this still just seems wrong!  I thought pineapple on pizza was controversial, but this is a whole new level

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-11-07 at 8:18 AM, soon said:

I know very few Asian dishes so that would be awesome!

The only trick for a lot of herbs is that they can grow in lower light and a bit of cool, but you gotta get them to a certain size first - they need lots of love to get established.  If you can buy a seedling?  I havent had as much luck with dill indoors, but definitely parsley!  Mint, peppermint and lemon balm grow like weeds - they basically are. Chives, scallions are good too.  Just thought if you were interested, its not for everyone :) 

Yeah thanks, its rather sad.  Id spent a lot of time and effort on that garden this year.  I can replant after they take the soil and replace it.  The new layout wont be to my preferences either.  The end of an era. But what I dont know how to do is over winter all my lovey perennials out of the garden.  And the frost hit hard last night!!  Todays the day to figure it out.

:) I think pigeons coming inside and sharing meals with a pig is something Id have to build towards.  Thats sounds really special that they wanted to come in and say hi!  You must have a really good thing going with them!

Any luck with growing rosemary inside? I have a plant that was outside in a large pot. I brought it inside (winter, snow, ugh) and the leaves are turning brown and dropping. I’ve tried other years and just can’t do it.

pizza thread. I was at a pizza shop yesterday and noticed thepizza maker guy. He just took the peppers, onions, bacon and tossed in a big pile of mozza and mixed it all up. He then scooped it up dropped it on the tomato sauce covered dough and popped her in the oven. Never saw the mix up technique before.

1 hour ago, Drakestar said:

Any luck with growing rosemary inside? I have a plant that was outside in a large pot. I brought it inside (winter, snow, ugh) and the leaves are turning brown and dropping. I’ve tried other years and just can’t do it.

pizza thread. I was at a pizza shop yesterday and noticed thepizza maker guy. He just took the peppers, onions, bacon and tossed in a big pile of mozza and mixed it all up. He then scooped it up dropped it on the tomato sauce covered dough and popped her in the oven. Never saw the mix up technique before.

Ive had the exact same bad luck with bringing rosemary in for winter.  Im in Ontario too, actually, and winter is in full swing and Im not loving it either.  This year I thought Id finally learned all the lessons and tricks to transfer it in.  Followed everything Ed Lawrence said on the radio, but still went brown and dry.  Ive seen people who aren't dedicated gardeners do it with no problem too!  

Are you using potting soil?  If so, as Im told one should let it dry out and water it very sparsely initially as it will have retained lots of the moisture from its last rain.  Ive tried that though.  And Ive tried growing it in ground and repotting.  The only time Ive had rosemary indoors in when I buy a potted plant and have it only indoors.  Smaller.  Needs more light then the herbs I listed too.  Some T5's might help a lot?  Next year I might try taking a clipping from outdoor plant and using some root nutrients in water before potting it under some T5's.

About Pizza: never seen that either, but it makes sense. I like toppings on top of cheese, but mixed in is a happy medium.  Was it good?