The pizza thread

ZoSoRose

Detroit style pizza is a real thing and it's really really gpod. Once, I got into an argument with a guy on reddit that claimed it wasn't a real style of pizza and i was upset. It's made in a square buttered pan and it gets crunchy. Sometimes the sauce is on top. 

What pizza do you like?  Why? What are your deepest desires?

Edited by ZoSoRose

I bought a $4 frozen pepperoni pizza today and put chorizo sausage, a little bit of sriracha sauce and extra cheese on it, had a couple beers with it for lunch and it was pretty damn good. But I'm always simple with my pizza, I just get lots of meat and cheese and maybe hot sauce on mine, and as long as it isn't thin crust it's always good enough :lol:

Also, the way you describe 'detroit style' pizza is how I imagine most pizza hut recipes originate :lol:

I miss New York style pizza. There are places here that does the thin crust but it is never as good. We do have good Chicago pizza, Rosattis. They do thin crust and they do a fine job. New Haven Style is the best of all. Well except for what you can get in Italy. 

Never had Detroit style, but I would love to try it. 

This thread needs pictures.

New York. Pizza that you need two hands to eat with

beso-002-large.jpg

Chicago. You can eat it with a fork.

chicago-pizza-slice.jpg

Detroit looks delicious.

detroit-style-pizza2.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

And New Haven sytle. So good that Sinatra would rather have his driver transport it to New York rather than getting the local pizza.

is-new-haven-the-best-pizza-town-in-the-

Note the interesting slicing patterns.

img_4222.jpg

I used to live near NYC and went there often eating local pizza  and Pepi's Pizza out of New Haven makes pizza that rivals the best made in the Big Apple IMHO......Same can be said of Regina's in Boston IMHO.......for me the secret is in the crust.........

Edited by classicrawker

15 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

In a complete about turn from a lifetime commitment i dont eat no junk food anymore, havent for the last two months, that means no fast food, no takeaway, no sweets, crisps, chocolate, fizzy drink, nothing...and i wont ever again.

What about fags 'n' booze?

Are you a new-age clean eating hippie who does yoga and wears lots of loose-fitting cotton now?

8 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

What about fags 'n' booze?

Are you a new-age clean eating hippie who does yoga and wears lots of loose-fitting cotton now?

Fags i quite over a year ago and booze, never :lol:.  And dont be silly, you know how i feel about hippies!  I got the idea off of Bernard Hopkins, one time Philedelphia street robber turned boxing great, apparently he aint had no junk food or fizzy drinks or sweets or chocolate or anything like that for 30 years.  I thought 'i could do that'.

Edited by Len B'stard

18 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

In a complete about turn from a lifetime commitment i dont eat no junk food anymore, havent for the last two months, that means no fast food, no takeaway, no sweets, crisps, chocolate, fizzy drink, nothing...and i wont ever again.

What are you eating, sushi?

Pizza is not too unhealthy really if you stick to a Margherita and make that your meal, not doing something typical of the British which is ordering side portions of chips with everything! Chinese and Japanese food are both extremely healthy. Indian food can be healthy if you select dishes without all of that ghee and cream, and again, stay clear of sundries. The 'problem' takeaway food is really British chip shop food and American fast food - Kebabs also are packed with calories.

The Peking Duck Pizza at Mamma's Pizza I like because 'to me' it's different; Thin crust only, hoisin sauce base, spring onions and peking duck.

https://mammaspizza-thorntonheath.co.uk/menu

The New York Deli is one of my staples/go to pizzas from this place.

Edited by Snake-Pit

In Seaside Heights in New Jersey in 2001... I remember wanting chicken on my pizza and being informed that that's not on the menu.

Things I take for granted include a bunch of pizza toppings I'm used to, like roast chicken, bbq chicken etc...

Those are yankee pizzas at the top.

Although admittedly, the British do have an eccentric interpretation on the pizza. The Scottish deep fry it. There is also this repellent object,

compressed_chip_pizza.jpg

The Chip Pizza!!!

Casus belli between the UK and Italians I believe!

There are also kebab pizza,

big_pic29_doner.jpg

Truly rank. Food poisoning mandatory.

This is standard food for Snakes and Len.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

For 3.50 Euro I had a slice of pizza that gave Pizza Express in the UK a run for their premium pizza money and for £6.50 in Soho once I had a slice of pizza that should have been in the trash; Dried, old, dusty pizza ffs! - That convenience store on the corner of Old Compton St. and Wardour St./that one!. and not the pizza restaurant that's on the corner opposite it - The convenience store on that corner opposite the pizza restaurant that's on the other side also at the entrance of Old Compton St.

Edited by Snake-Pit

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Those are yankee pizzas at the top.

Although admittedly, the British do have an eccentric interpretation on the pizza. The Scottish deep fry it. There is also this repellent object,

compressed_chip_pizza.jpg

The Chip Pizza!!!

Casus belli between the UK and Italians I believe!

There are also kebab pizza,

big_pic29_doner.jpg

Truly rank. Food poisoning mandatory.

This is standard food for Snakes and Len.

Funnily enough I'm quite (or was quite) a fan of the doner pizza, only had it the once and i was high as fuck and remember it being delicious.  I like how me and Snakes are of the same social category :lol: