The pizza thread

ZoSoRose

What I do is fry white bread in bacon fat then douse it in Worcester sauce. Recommended as part of any ineffectual hangover remedy. 

Anyway, 3 pizzas from co-op. Like gourmet rectangular ones. Ham and mozzarella mushroom, spicy pepperoni, er another one. Anyway top pizzas. And then the mistake of Cherry Ripple ice cream and strawberries. Oyster Bay white wine. Random bottle of Cava. 

Iceland (The UK supermarket chain that caters heavily in frozen foods / not the country), have this as of late;

8879331311646.jpg

'Hoisin Duck Pizza'

But I've known Peking Duck pizza from Mammas Pizza's parent company (Perfect Pizza) before Mammas Pizza ever existed, back when I was 12/13 years old I guess I was when I first became aware of Peking Duck pizza, personally (I don't know how long they've had it on the menu for)..?

Perfect Pizza and then Mammas Pizza share menu like for like and have very similar logos; but the prices are different (so I assume so is the pizza base dough); with Mammas being the cheaper one. (I still avoid their bigger pizzas there with their any pizza any size deals because of their terrible quality on the bigger ones Vs. the regular ones for the same money '£8.00', I think something gives in quality with this place considering it's deals of any 1 pizza being no more than £8 or buy 1 get 1 free; so if you do that any pizza any size, I find the regular size is nicer and the big one is awful; from Mammas, in that deal); but point is; I've known this pizza Iceland have been doing for I guess a year now as Peking Duck pizza way longer than Iceland's been selling these, way longer, in my region for local pizzas I have probably a decade and a half of this being available to me in one form or another before I ever heard of it anywhere else. - I actually first heard of the pizza through Perfect Pizza; parent company of Mammas Pizza, Perfect Pizza themselves have a parent company that they advertise on their menus; Papa John's. Perfect Pizza tastes way nice though and I saw 1 Papa John's once 'in England/saw them all the time in The States', in some leafy suburb of London somewhere to the South 'somewhere' closed in the dead of night.

Fun fact; for my m8's 18th back in the day, I ordered him a pizza from there (Mammas ') as it was early in the evening like 7pm and the party hadn't gotten started, to this nightclub /Blacksheep Bar in Croydon... That was pimp, getting pizza down to the cool nightclub in town; the staff appreciated the baldness of my idea of getting pizza to the club and one of the hip bar staff particularly liked the idea as he actually already knew of Mammas Pizza (not everyone does). This was when I was like 20...

Edited by Snake-Pit

On 7/21/2016 at 11:06 PM, action said:

fresh or freese, it all doesnt matter if you don't have a great stove.

i've got a brand new stove recently and i can make a shoe tasty in it.

but most of the time, i'm just taking a peperoni special out of the freezer.

Sure it matters. A stove or oven wont make any difference in telling apart a freshly baked or out of the freezer pizza.

The type of oven only matters for the fresh pizza where with a hot oven you can make a pizza in a matter of minutes as opposed to 10-12 minutes in the common hot air ones.

What you can do to improve a frozen pizza is add fresh toppings (spices, herbs, cheese) or spicy oil to give it some more favor.

3 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

Sure it matters. A stove or oven wont make any difference in telling apart a freshly baked or out of the freezer pizza.

The type of oven only matters for the fresh pizza where with a hot oven you can make a pizza in a matter of minutes as opposed to 10-12 minutes in the common hot air ones.

What you can do to improve a frozen pizza is add fresh toppings (spices, herbs, cheese) or spicy oil to give it some more favor.

dfpizza.png

This (again)

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Iceland frozen 'Chinese fusion' Pizza! Surely the very nadir of pizza!

And that's what makes Britain so great :lol: is our terrible terrible but creative food.

Edited by Snake-Pit

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would no more think of eating pizza with hoisin, than I would, eating Chow Mein with mozzarella.

I'd rather a hoisin base over some orange one for 'Duck l'orange pizza', for example (I totally made that up just now), but IDK, duck pizza's not bad; I like it.

Furthermore, I wonder why the UK calls it Chow Mein? weird.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Probably because the Chinese call it Chow Mein!!

Chow mein is crispy noodles, we call lo mein 'chow mein'... For some reason; Because I've ever had a crispy chow mein in Britain.

We also call cheveda Bombay Mix, so, whatever :lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

2 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

I got confused, I thought Chow Mein and Stir Fried noodles were different.

They are the same thing! At its most basic level, you fry some noodles in a pan with a little bit soy and you have technically produced chow mein. When a Chinese person asks for Chow Mein they are actually saying ''fried noodles''. 

I went down the "make your own" route at Asda last night, I started to lose my patience when the fat bint in front of me asked the pizza maker to put extra scoops of topping on because they "do it in morrisons". He refused and she just walked off and left two 99% finished pizzas that he had just made. I ended up having bbq sauce, chicken, peppers and onion on mine.

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are the same thing! At its most basic level, you fry some noodles in a pan with a little bit soy and you have technically produced chow mein. When a Chinese person asks for Chow Mein they are actually saying ''fried noodles''. 

Given that "noodle" is often used as a euphemism for "head" it's perhaps not surprising that Snakes is a fan of the fried variety. :lol:

21 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I went down the "make your own" route at Asda last night, I started to lose my patience when the fat bint in front of me asked the pizza maker to put extra scoops of topping on because they "do it in morrisons". He refused and she just walked off and left two 99% finished pizzas that he had just made. I ended up having bbq sauce, chicken, peppers and onion on mine.

A few years back I was doing the weekly shop in Asda. I had about £150 worth of groceries on the conveyor, was still dressed in work overalls with car keys in hand (when I still had a license :lol: ). Among the many items in my shop were 24 cans of lager which the woman at the checkout refused to sell me because I didn't have any ID. I thanked her for her help and promptly walked out of the shop leaving a line of people behind me and her scrabbling around furiously to clear all of my abandoned shopping out of the way. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

A few years back I was doing the weekly shop in Asda. I had about £150 worth of groceries on the conveyor, was still dressed in work overalls with car keys in hand (when I still had a license :lol: ). Among the many items in my shop were 24 cans of lager which the woman at the checkout refused to sell me because I didn't have any ID. I thanked her for her help and promptly walked out of the shop leaving a line of people behind me and her scrabbling around furiously to clear all of my abandoned shopping out of the way. :lol:

It wasn't in York by any chance, was it?

49 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Nope, Middlesbrough.

My sister was twenty five at the time and she is tall and she was getting ID'd everywhere in York - the bar stuff were unbelievably rude as well. She literally hates the city and vows to never return haha.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My sister was twenty five at the time and she is tall and she was getting ID'd everywhere in York - the bar stuff were unbelievably rude as well. She literally hates the city and vows to never return haha.

This whole challenge 25 thing is okay to a point but a bit of common sense is needed. I mean buying a few cans in your work gear alongside a months groceries is a little different than trying to get served in a bar with no ID. You're right about York though. That's just silly. 

Edited by Dazey