Ran up to Duff in Toronto

Most high profile people worry about what someone is going to do when someone approaches them, usually if you know the venue and the loading/unloading area well, you know which venues are more likely to have the performers come out and sign stuff. It might be 2PM, it might be 4-5AM. It might be not at all. The tour manager or assistant or security from the band will come out and see what's going on. Ignore what venue security says about them not coming out. 

• Like 1

I can relate to all of what you say! Its a cool story and I've found myself in the same place more than once.

You are always thinking of meeting your heroes but then when reality strikes you just can't do it (if you're shy or too conscious of yourself).

I've ran into celebrities mostly at airports and not once did I have the balls to say anything to them, but I stayed looking at them like a creep and two seconds later I became aware that I was acting like a creep :lol:

Sucks too much but it is cool that at least you had the balls to say hello and he replied back! :headbang:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Great story- and lucky you, at least you said hello. I would have just blushed and looked really awkward until the situation was over.

It could have turned out a lot worse and a lot better depending on how you look at it I suppose. It would have been stalkerish for me to start taking photos of him walking away. I respect him too much for that. If it were another celebrity I probably wouldn't care and would be taking pics. I wonder where he was going though...the street eventually turns residential but I did notice a church with monk types. Not sure if he's into that.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I can relate to all of what you say! Its a cool story and I've found myself in the same place more than once.

You are always thinking of meeting your heroes but then when reality strikes you just can't do it (if you're shy or too conscious of yourself).

I've ran into celebrities mostly at airports and not once did I have the balls to say anything to them, but I stayed looking at them like a creep and two seconds later I became aware that I was acting like a creep :lol:

Sucks too much but it is cool that at least you had the balls to say hello and he replied back! :headbang:

Thanks! I occasionally have some balls. Had I said anymore words than I did, I'd probably be a stuttering fool and say something really generic that he's heard a bunch. Also if I'd asked for a pic and he said no I'd be crushed...so I didn't want the opportunity for bad feelings. 

5 hours ago, Slosh13 said:

Why didn't you ask about Izzy?

New album?

Why Adler isn't in the band full time?

How did Axl and Slash overcome their differences?

WHAT KIND OF FAN ARE YOU????????

YOU SUCK!!!! ;)

Oh I know all those points! I'm a terrible fan! I should have asked him to come to a chat session here!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, annablue said:

It could have turned out a lot worse and a lot better depending on how you look at it I suppose. It would have been stalkerish for me to start taking photos of him walking away. I respect him too much for that. If it were another celebrity I probably wouldn't care and would be taking pics. I wonder where he was going though...the street eventually turns residential but I did notice a church with monk types. Not sure if he's into that.

Duff no longer drinks enough to qualify for monastic life. :P 

4 hours ago, annablue said:

I feel ya sis'

that's my biggest fear if I ever meet any of them, but more with Axl, I will probably say really stupid things or stutter and if he's in a bad mood and gives me shit I will cry forever and either quit being a fan or committ suicide.

I'm a ball of suffereing :unsure:

• Like 1