Axl Rose: The Greatest Transformation of 2016

5 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Undoubtedly. He's a changed person, he has the fire of the old days but with a more positive, professional and overall happier attitude. From 2011-2014 it just feels like he gave up and was just going through the motions. The only spark I saw was back in February 2012, that Philly show and the few around it. It was as if he was gearing up for the HOF reunion (which of course never happened). Watching him now, it's just incredible. I didn't think he'd be able to turn the clock back quite the way he has.

i swear it's the magic he has w/Slash...like a weight has been lifted off him now that they are playing together again. the pics i have seen of them, the way they smile and laugh together, the way they are on stage. separate from Slash he was not in a good place, together they are ( and i will say it again ) MAGIC! :heart::axl::slash:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 4

Axl was bad ass awesome 87-91.  92-93 still awesome but the douche baggery started during that time.

1994-2015 totally fell off of the cliff.  Epic douche baggery and a total joke with his Marilyn Manson-like hired gun Bucket Breath.

I never, ever thought Axl and Slash would work together again.  I also had never thought Axl would do a total transformation like he has this year.  Getting along with Slash and Duff.  Showing up on time.  Sounding pretty damn good.  And be cool to his fans (during the show).  So props to Axl, for what is probably the biggest turnaround in Rock History thus far in 2016.

Edited by BadApples87

The fact that AXL is hanging out with guys he climbed out of the gutter with during his youth is a huge thing. For the past 20 years, he's basically been alone. The guys around him were hired hands that didn't help create the legacy. Now he's got people around him that, despite all the drama and hatred of the past, he knows he can trust. Not only that, they are truly friends and peers. That's got to be uplifting. There's no wonder he looks so damn happy. Let's just hope it lasts.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

So what do you guys think the reason for this is? Has Axl gotten his fire back because Slash and Duff are back in his life? Has he found internal peace? I think it's because Duff has helped Axl to fight his internal demons with how he learned to deal with them. We can sit here and drool over Slash and Axl all day, but Duff is really in my opinion to thank for Axl's transformation and happiness, and of course, the reunion. He is the underspoken hero of this whole deal.

Shit, I'm always out of likes when I need them the most :max:

We may never find out what has caused all of this (being friends with Slash again has contributed more than anything for sure) but whatever it was I'm glad Axl's happy, relaxed, and full of energy and enthusiasm these days. I'm really happy for him. He deserves this huge comeback like nobody else. You can clearly see how happy he is to have Slash back in the band. I really wish someone looked at me the way Axl looks at Slash :rofl-lol:. We're still blown away when we see these two side by side and sometimes it seems to me that even Axl can't believe it. 

Anyway, I agree that we should not forget Duff. He must have helped Axl a lot. They've always had a special relationship and I'd believe that Duff has helped him to find his inner peace. And even though I can't stop staring at all the pictures of Axl and Slash together, I wish there were more photos of Axl and Duff. Because it's Duff we should celebrate as well. So here's to you, Duff! :heart:

• Like 4

It really is a comeback and redemption story fit for a movie or something..lol

It's really nice to see. Forgiveness is a powerful thing. It lifts alot of negative energy off the soul and heart. Im happy for them as well as my own selfish reasons that I finally get to see those 3 together again. Hopefully it continues and we get bigger and better things from them, and maybe Steven and Izzy can join this thing at some point in the future.

• Like 3

Over the last 20 years, Axl had been carrying resentment towards Slash like a 50 pound bag of stones over his shoulder.

Now that peace has been made, the pressure has been released and Axl is emotionally free. Good for him (and us)!

• Like 1

I think the fact of having Slash and Duff back in the band has lifted huge weight of his shoulders. The pressure of media and the record industry to have this reunion really got to him. His other line-ups were rejected by almost everybody, even the fans. It must not be cool to feel all that negativity all the time. To read it in the media and social media.

I feel like I can't watch the videos from nuGNR because he looks and sounds like a complete different man. He even looks OLDER than he is now. Take a look at a pic of him from 2013 and you will see a defeated old man, with those huge jackets and hats and the mustache.

Not sure what made the change, probably some good therapy, medication? but most of all, getting rid of the resentment and bad vibe with Slash and Duff. I wonder what's up with Izzy. Probably that's the guy he still has to conquer but I don't know.

Its funny how this thread is up of all days I decided to watch a brief clip of NuGNR on YouTube...which I never ever do cause I am just not interested in doing so .But just those few minutes I watched was hard for me. Axl was covered head to toe in gear, and you couldn't see his face at all, absolutely no smile or any kind of passion/emotion and there was no real interaction with the other band members. His stage presence then and now is like night and day. My god, what a change this year!! You can see his beautiful eyes and smile now! I 100% believe in my heart it is because he has reunited with Slash and Duff. I mean, just look at that epic pic above. LOVE!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I think the fact of having Slash and Duff back in the band has lifted huge weight of his shoulders. The pressure of media and the record industry to have this reunion really got to him. His other line-ups were rejected by almost everybody, even the fans. It must not be cool to feel all that negativity all the time. To read it in the media and social media.

I feel like I can't watch the videos from nuGNR because he looks and sounds like a complete different man. He even looks OLDER than he is now. Take a look at a pic of him from 2013 and you will see a defeated old man, with those huge jackets and hats and the mustache.

Not sure what made the change, probably some good therapy, medication? but most of all, getting rid of the resentment and bad vibe with Slash and Duff. I wonder what's up with Izzy. Probably that's the guy he still has to conquer but I don't know.

If only the jackets and hats were the worst thing...

The creepy old man look off stage was the real worst thing.

Axl-Rose-20130114-1.jpg

AxlRose-StillFat-2.jpg?resize=474%2C515

hqdefault.jpg

But thank god GNR fans pray a lot.

CkY4m51WYAAMZCl.jpg

But the looks are just part of the amazing return of Axl's stage presence. The return of Axl Rose as a whole, not the imposter of the last years.

Edited by Rickodez
  • Like 2

Axl really seemed to have changed for the better. And i am pretty sure it has a lot to do with being at peace with Slash again. Axl always came across (to me) as if Slash was the person who made him the angriest, the saddest, hurted him the most, etc ... Now with being on better terms again with him, we might even call it: having the friendship back, it clearly helped Axl a lot. And its nice to see.

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I really wish someone looked at me the way Axl looks at Slash :rofl-lol:.

I wish the same for me too lol

These guys are so awesome, Axl, Slash & Duff, they really did a great thing and made my dreams and millions of other fans dreams come true, in a weird way they're pretty much family to me. Band wise, this is the biggest reunion of major parts & players in the History of Music, the only thing for me that could possibly have a chance at topping this is if Elvis Presley came out of hiding.

Axl Rose deserves rockstar/celebrity of the year.  He makes fun of past remarks concerning Duff and Slash with the name of the tour, he is giving amazing performances on tour, he has mended relationships many feared would never mend which is in turn delighting millions of fans, he helped out ACDC and on top of all this, he has put in real work into being in good shape

Way to go Axl.  I believe more than ever

• Like 3

I really believe the AC/DC thing was a big part of him turning things around not that he wasn't already in a better state I just think hanging around with the guys in AC/DC really rubbed off on him and they way they go about rehearsal, dealing with the fans and being respectful of the fans.

He even said himself that before AC/DC he never done rehearsals and sound checks before the shows and after doing it with them he now understands that it's a good thing that he has to do and I think he realized that it made everything right for the show that night, before he always had issues with the sound guy and now it seems that doesn't happen much if any at all, yeah I am sure they have to make minor adjustments but nothing like the problems he has had in the past when he didn't do sound checks.

If I remember right before he went on tour with AC/DC he wasn't at rehearsals for GNR, I think once the AC/DC trek was over he was in Detroit the next day which was several days before the show and I figure they where rehearsing and it seems that him slash and duff where very involved in what went into the production of the shows and what was used as far as graphics on the big screens, there was video of them together watching it.

With Axl's change in attitude of late and I am sure Slash and Duff had something to do with having Steven do a few songs on a couple of nights but I can't help but think they done this to see if Steven could stay sober and if he could they would replace frank with steven on down the line but I think the jury is still out on what is happening with steven behind the scenes. As for Izzy I think he is welcome to show up anytime he wants but in all honesty he hates touring and we will only see him a few times. 

I think all these things including the reunion tour couldn't have happened if Axl didn't come around and start acting more reasonable as far as Slash and Duff I am sure they had to do the same for this tour to happen.  

20 minutes ago, bigcountry said:

I really believe the AC/DC thing was a big part of him turning things around not that he wasn't already in a better state I just think hanging around with the guys in AC/DC really rubbed off on him and they way they go about rehearsal, dealing with the fans and being respectful of the fans.

He even said himself that before AC/DC he never done rehearsals and sound checks before the shows and after doing it with them he now understands that it's a good thing that he has to do and I think he realized that it made everything right for the show that night, before he always had issues with the sound guy and now it seems that doesn't happen much if any at all, yeah I am sure they have to make minor adjustments but nothing like the problems he has had in the past when he didn't do sound checks.

If I remember right before he went on tour with AC/DC he wasn't at rehearsals for GNR, I think once the AC/DC trek was over he was in Detroit the next day which was several days before the show and I figure they where rehearsing and it seems that him slash and duff where very involved in what went into the production of the shows and what was used as far as graphics on the big screens, there was video of them together watching it.

With Axl's change in attitude of late and I am sure Slash and Duff had something to do with having Steven do a few songs on a couple of nights but I can't help but think they done this to see if Steven could stay sober and if he could they would replace frank with steven on down the line but I think the jury is still out on what is happening with steven behind the scenes. As for Izzy I think he is welcome to show up anytime he wants but in all honesty he hates touring and we will only see him a few times. 

I think all these things including the reunion tour couldn't have happened if Axl didn't come around and start acting more reasonable as far as Slash and Duff I am sure they had to do the same for this tour to happen.  

Great observations.

Axl has hated Slash very consistently for nearly 20 years and that kind of hate in this kind of context can only really be a result of extreme hurt resulting from being fucked over by someone you love. Having that weight lifted and being able to love someone again is frickin huge.

Then you add in all the other aspects you mentioned and you have a perfect storm for a happy, reinvigorated Axl. Seeing all the pictures and footage of him and soundchecks and rehearsals has been so awesome. 

Also, good observation about the shows improving in the run up to the RRHOF. That had never occurred to me. Maybe he was really thinking about it for a minute.

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Are you honestly asking why Axl's a changed man?

After years of being hated by half of the world and the media and having to defend himself on every interview, to being loved by people and the media all over again.

Is it really surprising that he's happy?

You have to give him credit though, because he created that change himself by doing some really positive things

56 minutes ago, bigcountry said:

IIRC... he did go for rehearsal(s) with GN'R prior to the AC/DC stint as I think I read somewhere he said he went straight to rehearse with GN'R right after his foot surgery. Stand corrected though..