NYC Pop-Up Shop This Friday and Saturday

5 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

They posted this on the official Instagram.

If anyone goes down PLEASE post up some pics in my merch thread if you don't mind!

I'm planning on going on my lunch break, so I'll get you some pix. 

I probably can't get there any earlier than 11:30, maybe 11:45. Hoping that it's small enough midday turnout that I still hit the first 50, but I doubt it'll happen. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing the swag regardless. Hoping they set it up to look like CBGBs the way they turned Tower Records into the Troub. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I'm planning on going on my lunch break, so I'll get you some pix. 

I probably can't get there any earlier than 11:30, maybe 11:45. Hoping that it's small enough midday turnout that I still hit the first 50, but I doubt it'll happen. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing the swag regardless. Hoping they set it up to look like CBGBs the way they turned Tower Records into the Troub. 

Thanks and you might be onto something there my man!

There's a Varvatos store here in London and if you've ever visited it, it's like a museum not unlike the NYC one is in how it incorporates the old CBGB club.

This could very well be a return to the GN'R museum concept perhaps?

10 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Thanks and you might be onto something there my man!

There's a Varvatos store here in London and if you've ever visited it, it's like a museum not unlike the NYC one is in how it incorporates the old CBGB club.

This could very well be a return to the GN'R museum concept perhaps?

Johnvarvatos.com/storedetails?storeid=3008

The NYC store already has some of that - wouldn't take much to CBGB it up for the museum... Let the weekend of Guns begin!!

3 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Didn't nuGNR play an intimate (acoustic?) set at the store one time?

Yup  I think it's one that we never got footage from, but I'm almost positive there was a secret show there.

2 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

I would imagine the free stuff for the first 50 would be the cell phone cover or a lanyard or something.

Although I hope for anyone that goes that there is something valuable or special.

If I get it, I just want it to be something I couldn't buy otherwise. Even if it's just a cheap coozie or something like that, some sort of unique thing would be cool. Maybe a replica GNR CBGB backstage pass or something. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

From the CBGB website:

"In the 1990s, CBGB became closely associated with bands like Sum 41, Korn, Green Day and Guns n Roses with GnR’s Duff McKagan acting as an ambassador of the CBGB attitude all around the world."

Didn't even know Sum 41 went that far back.

Native New Yorker here. If it costs $40 + $4 pre-order fee for a cheap Made in China "Not in This Lifetime" t-shirt, then the stuff here is going to cost $50+ at the minimum. I'm a diehard GN'R fan, but fortunately not blind enough to not notice an exploitative scheme from a mile away. The organizers have no shame.

Melissa uploaded a photo to her instagram yesterday of her signing posters. So I think that's a strong indication, that it is what's going to be given out to the first 50 at the shop tomorrow. With that said, anyone fancy trying to get me one in exchange for some cash or a shirt or something when they tour England whenever that is? I don't get there until saturday, and I don't fancy paying $250+ on ebay for one :(

18 minutes ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

Melissa uploaded a photo to her instagram yesterday of her signing posters. So I think that's a strong indication, that it is what's going to be given out to the first 50 at the shop tomorrow. With that said, anyone fancy trying to get me one in exchange for some cash or a shirt or something when they tour England whenever that is? I don't get there until saturday, and I don't fancy paying $250+ on ebay for one :(

I doubt that's what it is - they've posted pix of her and the others signing stuff that hasn't been given out anywhere. That said I will lose my shit if I'm able to get anything signed out of the deal.

And if I do, sorry but it ain't going anyplace but my wall :D