NYC Pop-Up Shop This Friday and Saturday

Free is free. I can't get there much before it opens up, so hopefully it just being a shirt scares off enough of the advance crowd and I can still get one :P

If anyone else is going early, I'll be the square in the dress shirt and tie ;)

36 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Free is free. I can't get there much before it opens up, so hopefully it just being a shirt scares off enough of the advance crowd and I can still get one :P

If anyone else is going early, I'll be the square in the dress shirt and tie ;)

I hope it's a cool shirt, just not too cool :P

8 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Be sure to post some pictures!

I'll have a fully-charged phone with me! I may not be able to post them right away, but as quickly as I can I'll get some up here. My brain hasn't fully processed that I'm seeing Axl and Slash together in 2 days, but this is gonna start my weekend off right!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stryker said:

All I want is a Red/Blue tye-dye UYI shirt. Do I see that in the distance?

Fyi They sell that at the merch trucks and and Urban outfitters if we're talking about the same thing 

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=39125539&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

Edited by KiernanProud

I was hoping JV was going to produce something special for the pop up shop. He released a limited addition GNR tee a few months back that sold out almost immediately. This is the same old stuff thats at every show. I personally like the Lucky Brand line they released a in conjunction with the tour a lot more. Better quality and much more comfortable.

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

I'll have a fully-charged phone with me! I may not be able to post them right away, but as quickly as I can I'll get some up here. My brain hasn't fully processed that I'm seeing Axl and Slash together in 2 days, but this is gonna start my weekend off right!

I don't suppose you could periscope? Haha

I'm behind the first 50, but I got a card. I think using the hashtag ups your chances of winning the VIP packages they're raffling. Sounds like they're selling one JV guns shirt and standard your merch, nothing unique or special.

2 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I'm behind the first 50, but I got a card. I think using the hashtag ups your chances of winning the VIP packages they're raffling. Sounds like they're selling one JV guns shirt and standard your merch, nothing unique or special.

If you can grab a pic of the JV shirt that'd be awesome 

It's a grey shirt, skull/top hat/pistols logo, and it says GUNS N ROSES over the top and Paradise City, Los Angeles CA underneath. Staff are wearing them, I'll get a pic when I get inside (assuming they ever open the door, I have to get back to work lol)

I didn't end up taking any pictures. It was a giant letdown. Not a single piece of merch that you can't buy elsewhere. No extra memorabilia or decoration beyond the normal JV knockoff CBGB hipster ambiance. Fernando was hanging out in the middle of the store with a guy who made a few painted leather jackets, unsurprisingly I don't think anyone in the store knew or cared who he was (I only nominally cared - thought about asking if he could get me a Nightrain upgrade since my lanyard won't make it in time but decided against it). After how all-out they went for LA, I was expecting something more. Definitely was not worth early in line for. Once the initial chaos calms a bit and you can just step in and step out it'd be worth it, but not worth the 90min I just sank.