Why aren't they playing...

... Street of Dreams? Or TWAT or Prostitute? Or even Shackler's. Those are the highlights for me on CD, and not the songs they're currently playing.

I mean I really like Sorry and Better and they should stay please, but TIL is pretty awful (even though Axl's singing it really well this tour), Chinese Democracy is a weak, boring song and I don't get the appeal of CITR at all. It puts me to sleep. 

If it were up to me, they'd be playing

Sorry

Better

Street of Dreams

Shackler's

Prostitute

And alternate TWAT with Shackler's and Prostitute (and yes, 5 CD songs in the set :awesomeface: I totally wouldn't hate that. Get rid of fucking KOHD, the Godfather theme and Seeker and make room for another CD song, Slither and another Slash solo or VR song)

Anyway, I would never have guessed that we'd get fucking CITR before SOD, TWAT or Slither. What gives?

I'm not well positioned to answer your question however now seems to be an appropriate occasion to mention the fact that my impression of this tour is beginning to resemble: ''the Chinese Democracy Tour is over, long live the Chinese Democracy Tour''.

• Like 3

I don't get it either. I don't hate CITR, but there are so many better songs on CD.

And if it were up to me, they'd drop more than half of the set list :awesomeface:

Get rid of November Rain, Paradise City, It's So Easy, Brownstone, KOHD, LALD, Seeker, Out Ta Get Me, YCBM, My Michelle, Patience, DTJ, Chinese Democracy, TIL, CITR, Attitude/New Rose, Godfather theme and other unnecessary solos

Keep:

Jungle
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Coma
Civil War
Don't Cry (preferably the 87 or the alt. version, and make it a fixed spot on the set list then)
SCOM (because the casuals like it, but I wouldn't mind to see that one go either)
Better
Sorry

Add from the GNR back catalogue:

14 Years
Yesterdays
Dead Horse
Breakdown or Locomotive (can alternate those)
Don't Damn Me
Ain't It Fun
So Fine (for Duff's solo spot)

Add from CD:

Prostitute
Street of Dreams
TWAT and Shackler's Revenge (can alternate those too, just like Breakdown and Locomotive)

Add from VR/Slash's solo stuff (they could regularly swap some of those in and out):

Back And Forth Again
Back To The Moment
Slither
Fall To Pieces
Starlight
Gotten
By The Sword

And while we're at it, let's throw some of Izzy's solo stuff in too. Maybe some of these:

Sweet Caress
River
Shuffle It All
Gotta Say
Take A Look At That Guy

Obviously, we need Izzy for a lot of these, so get him back and make this reunion perfect. Don't care who drums, Frank can stay as far as I'm concerned.

:awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface:

Edited by Lumikki

12 minutes ago, Epson said:

@Lumikki I will keep this screenshot as an evidence that I've seen a person who wants to get rid of OTGM. 

Screenshot_2016-07-21-13-07-26.png

Hahaha, yeah you go and do that :lol: I'll fully admit that I have no particular love for OTGM, even though it's one of Axl's best songs singing-wise at the moment. I just think it's really boring and I've never liked it.

But I hate My Michelle, It's So Easy and Anything Goes even more than OTGM. I also don't care for Mr. Brownstone, You're Crazy or Paradise City (though I think PC is a great song, but the lyrics are stupid and I've heard that damn song way too many times already to ever want to hear it again).

Honestly, the only songs I actually like on Appetite are Rocket Queen, Jungle (two of my all time favortie GnR songs) and Nightrain. I can also tolerate SCOM and Think About You if I'm in the right mood. The End. (Can you tell I don't like Appetite all that much? :awesomeface:)

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not well positioned to answer your question however now seems to be an appropriate occasion to mention the fact that my impression of this tour is beginning to resemble: ''the Chinese Democracy Tour is over, long live the Chinese Democracy Tour''.

I can understand Izzy more and more...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How can anyone be into GN'R and claim to disliking Appetite and songs like 'Brownstone' and 'It's so Easy'? I find that impossible to comprehend!

I always asked myself the same question, when people here said: silkworms, Rhiad, oh my god, etc are great songs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, starlight said:

Slither probably soon on Saul's birthday

I hope so, but I m not that optimistic. I think it's more likely Axl will sing Happy Birthday to Slash (like he's done for Beta and other people in the past) rather than Slither :facepalm:

2 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

TWAT was played in Mexico City.

I know, but for some reason my brain only thinks of the shows that came after AC/DC as the actual NITL tour.

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I would say they're mostly keeping the show up-tempo which explains why they're keeping the piano / slower paced dialed back. Keep the energy high by and large.

I love CD stuff though, hope we hear more!

But CITR isn't an up-tempo song either. It's slow-paced and boring. :shrugs: They should use Shackler's Revenge if they want something fast-paced. 

And I'd actually enjoy that Frankenstein set list more than the one we actually have :lol: But it needs more of Izzy's solo stuff, a bit less of Slash's and DTJ, OTGM and Brownstone have to stay.

I seriously hope they will NEVER play shacklers, the songs from CD they're playing still have some sort of GNR feeling to it at some point but songs like shacklers? No. FUCKING NO. 
I don't have a good opinion on the song Chinese Democracy either but, well, this isnt going away anytime soon I guess. 

Street of Dreams would be fantastique tho, it has a whole Illusions feeling, great song. 

I dont see they playing any non GNR song. Chinese Democracy may be an "Axl solo album" but it was released under the GNR brand, sold ok and the album believe it or not, has a lot of fans, i think its just a brand issue, but I don't see Axl singing Slither or any song from the other guys, even after soundchecks and stuff. 

Edited by default_

14 minutes ago, default_ said:

I seriously hope they will NEVER play shacklers, the songs from CD they're playing still have some sort of GNR feeling to it at some point but songs like shacklers? No. FUCKING NO. 
I don't have a good opinion on the song Chinese Democracy either but, well, this isnt going away anytime soon I guess. 

Street of Dreams would be fantastique tho, it has a whole Illusions feeling, great song. 

I dont see they playing any non GNR song. Chinese Democracy may be an "Axl solo album" but it was released under the GNR brand, sold ok and the album believe it or not, has a lot of fans, i think its just a brand issue, but I don't see Axl singing Slither or any song from the other guys, even after soundchecks and stuff. 

Well they do have Slither on the set list, so I'm still holding out hope. But I'm not too optimistic either.

Agreed on SOD. I think it has a very UYI feel as well.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I see what you done there, but according to this:

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html?tour=Not+in+This+Lifetime

it's an Apettite+Covers tour :D

To answer the question, which I think has been answered before by others in other threads, this is their first tour together after 2 decades and it is important to satisfy and win over the casual fans who may not be familiar with most if the songs we want them to play.

18 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Everyone just tweet Axl what you want. He probably just doesn't know at the moment. Communication is the key. When he reads your tweets he will finally know what to do.

So we all just tweet Axl to switch CD, CITR and TIL for SOD, TWAT and Slither? :awesomeface:

10 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

To answer the question, which I think has been answered before by others in other threads, this is their first tour together after 2 decades and it is important to satisfy and win over the casual fans who may not be familiar with most if the songs we want them to play.

??? Casual fans don't care for CITR, TIL or The Seeker either. So if they're gonna play stuff like that, they might as well play Street Of Dreams instead. Which I think actually has the most mainstream appeal out of all CD songs.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Frey said:

So we all just tweet Axl to switch CD, CITR and TIL for SOD, TWAT and Slither? :awesomeface:

??? Casual fans don't care for CITR, TIL or The Seeker either. So if they're gonna play stuff like that, they might as well play Street Of Dreams instead. Which I think actually has the most mainstream appeal out of all CD songs.

CITR's probably just a bone they throw to us since there was a thread here about how awesome it is? And songs are subjective just so you know. I happen to like most of the songs off CD but many don't. I soooo wish they'll play Maddy from CD (didn't really like the song in the beginning but it grew on me). 

If I have a choice AND Mr Singer is up to it, I would want DDM though I know chances of that happening is zero to none. 

The tour is long to go...there's still time for us to hope for one of our favs to be played. For now, I say, enjoy what we have. 

The real question is, why in the hell are they playing ANY of those songs?  Didn't pay big bucks to listen to that nonsense.  The average person going to the show has no idea what those songs are, and the hardcore classic fans aren't coming to hear that stuff.

• Like 4