Who here likes every GNR song?

I can't say I like every song, but I can say that I like more songs now than I did in 1993. There are songs that I hadn't appreciated much then, Breakdown for example, that now I think they're pure gold.

In the 80-songs official catalog, including CD and the covers, there are songs that I love, songs that I just like, others that are "not bad" and 7-8 that I dislike (One In A Million, Back Off Bitch, Bad Apples, KOHD, Sympathy For The Devil, IRS, Rhiad).

Edited by Blackstar

Even the songs I consider filler like Shotgun Blues are songs I can still listen to. I'll happily give any Guns album a complete listen without skipping anything. If I'm just choosing songs at will then there's definitely my favourites versus songs I don't particular care for, but outside of My World and Silkworks there's hardly anything that is unlistenable. I guess I don't really care for much of Spaghetti but that doesn't really count since it's entirely covers.

The Spaghetti Incident is the last GNR release for me. Everything released afterwards under the banner of GNR (Sympathy, Oh my god, CD etc.) has always been Axl-solo in my definition. This being said, I can state without a shadow of a doubt that I do like every single song of GNR which has been released or surfaced from the period of time between 85-93, including all unreleased demo stuff. 

Of course there are all time favs on the one hand and songs that I do like in a specific mood only on the other, eg The Garden. But there is no single track that I really dislike. 

After 25 years of constant listening to GNR (I am 36 right now) my opinion regarding several songs changed, but in a good way only. For example I did not like the deep vocals of Its so easy when I was a little kid. In fact I thought its not Axl on the vocals. Whilst getting older I fell in love with this song. The same goes for Double talkin jive. When I was younger I didn't get the flamenco guitar and stuff.  When I was getting older and open minded regarding  (nearly) all kind of music it suddenly clicked and I just thought "wow!"  

Fact is, if there would not have been tracks which some people call "filler" today, the last 20 years as a GNR fan would have been way harder. Imagine we would have had the hits only and would not have had the chance to side step on underrated tracks/rough diamonds like - lets say - Pretty tied up from time to time. I highly doubt that we still would be able to listen to Sweet child without throwing our stereo out of the window. 

Edited by Philcore

I really love every song from (the real) GNR. There ist only one exception: my world. But I wouldn´t consider this a real GNR-Song, because the rest of the band didn´t even knew Axl put it on UYI until it came out. 

• Like 1

They my favorite band after all, their albums have moved me in different ways and to this day I can't name a Guns song I dislike, even My world is 'fun'. Never skip a song it's always about the full experience for me.

Can't wait until they hit europe. Love hearing all you guys stories from the shows.