One Prince song that trumps anything GNR ever recorded (and it wasn't even offcially released).

Towelie

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Never saw the attraction.  In fact i don't think I've heard one song from Prince that i listened to and thought was amazing.  I mean they're not naff or anything, just don't do nothing for me.

I hate you and your entire family.

How the hell do you embed videos on this new format??

• Like 1

I absolutely love Prince. Towelie, I think you're inviting pushback when you claim that one Prince song trumps everything GNR has recorded, (on a GNR board) lol...But for those of you who have only heard the radio stuff, give his lesser knowns a listen. He was a genius. 

Listen to this one. It's called I'm Yours, off of his debut album For You. (1978).Prince was around 20 When he recorded this, and he laid down every instrumental track on the entire album for the exception of a few keyboard parts here and there. He played every instrument. 

Anyway, check out the meaty, tasty bass and the guitar leads are truly sick...This song rocks and is one of my favorites of his...

Give it a listen...it's only a mere 5 minutes of your life, and you just might like it!

22 hours ago, Towelie said:

Do yourself a favour and invest in some of his work. MyGNR won't see you for dust, I assure you of that!!!

Wow, hold there - fellow posters on the ''Guns N' Roses - Discussion and News' section will be inundating me with freebies of Prince's entire discography haha!

I do have Purple Rain and it is good. I like that raunchy number, ''Nikki...grinding'' or something or other.

Well there's a reason why Duff is rocking Prince's symbol on his bass, and understandably so. Duff took Prince's passing hard. Prince is a one of a kind, monumental piece of music history.

You can say what you want about the man but I can't recall very many artists with the exception of a small few who garnered tributes, condolences and praise from artists of pretty much every genre of music when he passed. That speaks...

Edited by Tiffani

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wow, hold there - fellow posters on the ''Guns N' Roses - Discussion and News' section will be inundating me with freebies of Prince's entire discography haha!

I do have Purple Rain and it is good. I like that raunchy number, ''Nikki...grinding'' or something or other.

It makes me laugh that you call Purple Rain "good." It's a fucking awesome album. AFD levels of greatness.

Go on Youtube and watch any live performance of The Beautiful Ones (track 3 from that "good" album) and tell me that this man wasn't a genius...

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

It makes me laugh that you call Purple Rain "good." It's a fucking awesome album. AFD levels of greatness.

Go on Youtube and watch any live performance of The Beautiful Ones (track 3 from that "good" album) and tell me that this man wasn't a genius...

Wow, calm down - I didn't call it bad or shite, did I? I listened to it a handful of times and found it a very enjoyable album indeed, a fusion of rock and pop, but it is not Rubber Soul, Exile or Electric Ladyland.

You do have a penchant for pint-sized effeminate chaps with squeaky voices, don't you?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wow, calm down - I didn't call it bad or shite, did I? I listened to it a handful of times and found it a very enjoyable album indeed, a fusion of rock and pop, but it is not Rubber Soul, Exile or Electric Ladyland.

You do have a penchant for pint-sized effeminate chaps with squeaky voices, don't you?

Because Mick Jagger is the epitome of the alpha male?