Hypothetical New Music

2 hours ago, wasted said:

A new Guns N Roses album "Area 51 Revisited" is set to hover over small towns in late 2017. Mercurial lead singer Axl Rose is also slated to present a new episode of Ancient Aliens: Nefretti and the origins of the iPhone to air Nov 23, 2017. 

Excellent news! Thank u wasted by take care of us

2 hours ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

While I like some songs on WoF I don't consider it a great record

Woah really? For me it's his guitar playing peak, he really came a long way since UYI playing wise and you can really tell by his solos and riffs on the album. It only had 2 songs that didn't click with me right away, and now I prefer it over Appetite as an album. Though the best songs on WOF arent as good as the best songs on appetite, it's more consistent, because song for song simply it doesn't have ANY dumb filler like Anything Goes or Think About You. Quite an achievement on an album with 17 (!) songs. Every song rocks and you can tell Slash really worked hard on every single one.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Same reason I don't care that the set lists very little variation, I also don't care what potential new music sounds like. As long as we get new music. I'm a fan of all of the stages of their sound. I feel like whatever they put out will continue to be an evolution in their sound. Hell, even CD would've had a more nostalgic feel with slash and duff. So for people that are saying they don't want CDII, keep that in mind. 

35 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well what was once today was yesterday's tomorrow. Hopefully the sand is warm 

But I won't cry for yesterday

There's an ordinary world

Somehow I have to find

And as I try to find my way

to an ordinary world

I will learn to survive

or

release CD II and Columbo Ressurection: Now

14 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Woah really? For me it's his guitar playing peak, he really came a long way since UYI playing wise and you can really tell by his solos and riffs on the album. It only had 2 songs that didn't click with me right away, and now I prefer it over Appetite as an album. Though the best songs on WOF arent as good as the best songs on appetite, it's more consistent, because song for song simply it doesn't have ANY dumb filler like Anything Goes or Think About You. Quite an achievement on an album with 17 (!) songs. Every song rocks and you can tell Slash really worked hard on every single one.

I really like Think About You and I don't consider it filler.As for WoF, good riffs and solos among songs but I don't find it as cohesive as appetite or even the flow and diversity the illusion albums had.I much prefer the 2010 solo album,but I guess it really comes down to personal preference.

4 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

For new music I think CD2 should drop as is

See, I don't agree.  I really like what slash and Duff add to the CD1 songs. That new intro and beginning of "Better" I enjoy more than the album version. And I love Slashs solo in the middle. I can only imagine what they could add to the CD2 material. And I consider myself a huge Buckethead fan. 

12 hours ago, Mooch14 said:

See, I don't agree.  I really like what slash and Duff add to the CD1 songs. That new intro and beginning of "Better" I enjoy more than the album version. And I love Slashs solo in the middle. I can only imagine what they could add to the CD2 material. And I consider myself a huge Buckethead fan. 

what they've done to cd material is cool. but buckethead is a creator of cd and cd2 material. it's only fair to see how bucket's cd2 work holds up and stands. if it sells well add new live cd versions as bonus disc

9 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

what they've done to cd material is cool. but buckethead is a creator of cd and cd2 material. it's only fair to see how bucket's cd2 work holds up and stands. if it sells well add new live cd versions as bonus disc

Why do you think CD is a Bucket album?

15 minutes ago, Mooch14 said:

I'm not sure that is what he meant. The way I took it is that he said Bucket is one of the creators/contributors to the record. 

Ah, so just don't rip his solos out of songs. It's just Axl already did that on Shackler's and even Riad. And a song like Atlas had Ron solo anyway. But Bucket did some great work on Shackler's, If the World, Scraped and Sorry. So I expect he did some good stuff.

But who wrote the songs is maybe more important? Then getting band cohesion can benefit a record maybe. If it's CD II that obviously won't be that important. It's all about the music. That paid off in spades on CD which was never on auto pilot or generic like UYI sometimes felt. 

On July 22, 2016 at 5:16 PM, wasted said:

I always see GNR as writing songs from

the heart. When they were dirty street kids they wrote dirty songs. When they got a bit more money they wrote songs like their heroes. When Axl was down out in Malibu he wrote about that. 

Soooo...i have no idea! No maybe something with renewed vigor and creativity with a litttle more perspective than the UYI era. 

It might be a little more mature and self conscious but maybe nailing a sound somewhere between UYI and CD. 

I completley agree. I don't want them to try and recreate Appetite, because it wouldn't be real/genuine. That for me is what made Appetite so amazing. I would love to hear all the CD stuff before they make a new record. From there they can start fresh and have a solid record with the new Gnr sound. It's unlikely, but if they dropped the CD remix, CD 2/3, and then new material I could die a happy man.

1 minute ago, Estranged Fan said:

I completley agree. I don't want them to try and recreate Appetite, because it wouldn't be real/genuine. That for me is what made Appetite so amazing. I would love to hear all the CD stuff before they make a new record. From there they can start fresh and have a solid record with the new Gnr sound. It's unlikely, but if they dropped the CD remix, CD 2/3, and then new material I could die a happy man.

True. Axl seemed like he was still into his CD material. It seems like the plan is for Slash and Duff to help sell CD II to the industry and fans. 

Personally i agree with most others on here, it should lie somewhere between AFD and UYI...

as someone else said, a combination of fast rockers,  a couple of ballads and and an epic in the mould of estranged would do me nicely. I'd be more than happy with one more album with 10-12 songs on it with a mixture of stuff and then call it a day... but i hope it takes more of a twist on the AFD/UYI stuff rather than sounding like CD.. because in all honesty.. it was shit. I amk confident that with Slash and duff back.. i'd get the type of album most fans were looking for though. 

Just my opinion.

The fact that Axl and Slash are playing CD songs might be a sign that won't let go from that era...this Album has simply a horrible vibe and they should do more fun and poprock songs...its easier to consume than CD...i doubt that there are big guns and masterpieces on CD.

Edited by maxpax