Izzy Stradlin - 117

Izzy Stradlin - On Down The Road

Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars 

Neurotic Outsiders - Neurotic Outsiders

Tommy Stinson - Village Gorilla Head

Tommy Stinson - One Man Mutiny 

Slash - Slash

Loaded - The Taking

I found Loaded's latest album, The Taking, to be really, really good. Way better than the two awful Conspirators albums.

After Slash' fantastic run with Snakepit MK I and II and his mostly very strong solo album, his collaboration with Myles Kennedy produced two very predictable and very safe sounding records.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

I can't say any of the Loaded albums are great as a whole, but they have some pretty good songs.

As others have said the Walking Papers and Neurotic Outsiders albums are both good.
Fortus and Frank were in a band in the mid 90's called Love Spit Love, they were pretty good too:

I'm gonna exclude Buckethead stuff because there's too many great albums to post in this thread.

Izzy's 117 degrees is a pretty strong album. I liked both the Snakepit albums, and both have great singers, those albums are probably best substitute for GnR. I've only recently listened to Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars and was really impressed. The songwriting contributions Gilby made for Snakepit as well as Duff's solo album are really strong, I wonder why Axl couldn't see himself writing with him after the UYI tour and fired him because he obviously knows how to write great material. Most people don't really care for Duff's first solo album, but I liked it... Duff's not a great singer, but there are some nice ideas on it, with great musical guests.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

Izzy's 117 degrees is a pretty strong album. I liked both the Snakepit albums, and both have great singers, those albums are probably best substitute for GnR. I've only recently listened to Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars and was really impressed. The songwriting contributions Gilby made for Snakepit as well as Duff's solo album are really strong, I wonder why Axl couldn't see himself writing with him after the UYI tour and fired him because he obviously knows how to write great material. Most people don't really care for Duff's first solo album, but I liked it... Duff's not a great singer, but there are some nice ideas on it, with great musical guests.

I agree with everything you said until you began to praise Duff's first album.

It is indeed strange why Axl refused to work with Gilby. Colossal hooklines like Cure Me, Kill Me and pig pop choruses are exactly what Axl's nugnr shite lacked.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree with everything you said until you began to praise Duff's first album.

It is indeed strange why Axl refused to work with Gilby. Colossal hooklines like Cure Me, Kill Me and pig pop choruses are exactly what Axl's nugnr shite lacked.

It's not like I'm praising the album. I think there are definitely a few catchy tunes on with a punky energy that I dig, but apart from that it's a forgettable album. It's cool he's got Jeff Beck and Lenny Kravitz on it, though. 

• Like 1