Does this pretty much confirm Duff was GNRs saving grace?

While this has been speculated and even held as truth by most GNR fans for months, Duffs wife possibly dropped a huge hint here regarding how much pull Duff actually had in the whole semi-reunion tour. Maybe im wrong, and maybe this news may not even be new, but after this comment i have no doubt in my mind that after that South American tour and residency with Duff in 2014, Duff somehow got Axl and Slash to sit in a room together 2 short years after Axl sarcastically explained that it would never happen. Not even in this lifetime. 

In a new interview posted today on Page Six, Duffs wife explains: 

“He was a major part of the crew that helped pull this [tour] together,” Holmes-McKagan told Page Six, describing her husband as a “good team player” who solves problems in “the most businesslike, peaceful manner.”

The “Not In This Lifetime…” tour, which hits the New York area this weekend, took “a lot of love” and hard work to come together over the last several months, she added.

http://pagesix.com/2016/07/23/what-got-guns-n-roses-to-reunite/

• Like 3

Duff seems a guy who just gels along with people, the NuGNR members heard things about the reunion from the crew and not from Axl himself

and behind the scenes all of this was being planned

If Duff had not met Axl back in 2010, then I don't think so this would happen

Axl has met Izzy, Steven and Marc before also, but no one could do it other than Duff

17 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Duff seems a guy who just gels along with people, the NuGNR members heard things about the reunion from the crew and not from Axl himself

and behind the scenes all of this was being planned

If Duff had not met Axl back in 2010, then I don't think so this would happen

Axl has met Izzy, Steven and Marc before also, but no one could do it other than Duff

plus Duff has a great head for business so i am sure that didn't hurt!

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

plus Duff has a great head for business so i am sure that didn't hurt!

Duff seems to be a good talker, he would not have talked to Axl like a Business manager like how Doug Gouldstien or other managers were, Duff talked to Axl as a friend and din't force Axl to do things. 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Duff seems to be a good talker, he would not have talked to Axl like a Business manager like how Doug Gouldstien or other managers were, Duff talked to Axl as a friend and din't force Axl to do things. 

yes Duff speaks well and i am sure he didn't talk like a BUSINESS manager but he might well have pointed out what a good opportunity it would be financially as well as other things. not saying that was the MAIN reason but he may have been able to relate this in a way that a business manager would not. no force involved!

• Like 1

Duff comes across as a very genuinely nice guy, so since he's on good terms with everybody I'd have no doubt about him being the olive branch that brought two repelling forces together again

Am I the only one that finds discomfort in Susan speaking on this? If the band members are not talking to the media yet, why should the wives, friends, or anyone who's only close to the band. All it takes is one misquote or one misrepresentation by the media, "somebody" will get pissed and then this NITL implodes. 

I would go as far as saying anybody but Axl, Duff, and Slash need to keep their mouths shut on this band.

Edited by Carne_asaDA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Thanks for posting @KeyserSoze! Good to see some more confirmation. But we've actually also had some other proof of Duff being the man behind it all that we have to thank:

- Eddie Trunk (or one of these other guys that always hang around with him) posted on social media that Duff told him a few years ago that it was his goal to get Axl and Slash in one room together

- Marc Canter also said that Duff talked to Axl a lot and helped him see things from Slash's perspective

- And on the other side, Duff also talked Slash into doing stuff that would make Axl happy (like signing off on some things Axl wanted to do)

- And also some other stuff that I'm forgetting at the moment :facepalm:

Basically, Duff has been working for a long time behind the scenes to mend Axl's and Slash's relationship and also apparently to get this tour on the road after he'd managed to make them become friends again. Duff is the true hero in this band. It's him we have to thank for everything we've got right now :wub:

After that, Axl call Slash for the first time snce more thn 20 years

58 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

It was Brandi F'n Glanville. Proof: She said it was going to happen and then it fucking happened.

This. This whole threeunion wouldn't be happening without Brandi Glanville and you all should bow to her :drool:

2 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Am I the only one that finds discomfort in Susan speaking on this? If the band members are not talking to the media yet, why should the wives, friends, or anyone who's only close to the band. All it takes is one misquote or one misrepresentation by the media, "somebody" will get pissed and then this NITL implodes. 

I would go as far as saying anybody but Axl, Duff, and Slash need to keep their mouths shut on this band.

Yes :facepalm:

Susan is Duff's wife for 17 years, mother of his children. She's not a Sasha, a fair weather friend or a member of the freak show. She's been there all this time and I'm sure she's Duff's main confident. She is as professional as Duff has become, what she said to the press is correct and cannot be misquoted or misunderstood by anyone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

I usually feel 'discomfort' after eating a dodgy Vinderloo, not, from having read the musings of GN'R's various WAGS!

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Susan is Duff's wife for 17 years, mother of his children. She's not a Sasha, a fair weather friend or a member of the freak show. She's been there all this time and I'm sure she's Duff's main confident. She is as professional as Duff has become, what she said to the press is correct and cannot be misquoted or misunderstood by anyone.

Melodramatic.

After reading Duff's book, I would say he is the peacemaker of the band and of life in general.

He seemed to be the nice guy who tried to keep it together when everyone was falling apart.

Duff's the guy who talked to Axl when both of them had a few of the same issues. He got along with Steven and Slash and Izzy.

Duff doesn't seem to judge people. He knows we all have faults and he accepts them.

I think when he met up with Axl in 2010 that was the moment for a GNR reunion.

Considering the hell he's gone through since childhood I'd say he's a pretty together person now.

I think GNR is better for it.

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Umm.....I don't hear Sasha going around talking to the media about how this reunion came to be. 17 years or not, she's not in the band, she shouldn't take the risk of saying something that someone like Axl,...who is very particular about how the band is represented through the press, wouldn't like. This runs the risk of driving a wedge between Axl and Duff, and don't say it wouldn't. I've followed rock-n-roll enough to know that this happens all the fucking time with bands. 

Edited by Carne_asaDA

1 hour ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Umm.....I don't hear Sasha going around talking to the media about how this reunion came to be. 17 years or not, she's not in the band, she shouldn't take the risk of saying something that someone like Axl,...who is very particular about how the band is represented through the press, wouldn't like. This runs the risk of driving a wedge between Axl and Duff, and don't say it wouldn't. I've followed rock-n-roll enough to know that this happens all the fucking time with bands. 

I'm pretty confident that at this point Duff's wife offering some harmless commentary isn't going to set Axl off.  I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that Axl is a changed man...they all are...just wish Axl was 10 years younger, we're only gonna get a few more good years outta him.  He's 54.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

I don't care who we get answers from as long as we get answers instead of complete silence and mystery.

• Like 1

Maybe this proofs that Gn'R isn't the Axl band anymore !!! Then again, she is talking about Duff (her husband) wat effort he has done for the band. She does not say anything bad about Gn'R. 

Because clowns don't run the circus...

Susan doesn't play any instrument in the band but ever since she married Duff she's made part of his world. His world is not only his family. GN'R was his creation too. As for Axl, I don't think he is the person you think he is anymore. He's changed and if something he wanted the most is to have Duff and Slash back with him. He's not going to jeopardize that with a little tantrum. Hell, the guy is even scared of writting his biography for fear of making the other guys look like liers. Duff handles himself very well, he knows how to treat Axl and he's always been there for him.

You've followed rock n' roll enough? So have I. However, seems like you haven't followed GN'R lately :shrugs:

Duff was the only person in the world who had the instruments to do this.

Axl has obviously created some gigantic misconception about the motives behind Slash's actions, his intentions and his attitude towards Axl. Whoever else would try to change his mind about it would be disregarded because Axl knows better. Except for one person that even Axl knew would know better than Axl because he was there with Slash through all those years.

If Duff said this is BS, Slash told me this and that, thought this and that, felt this and that, Axl couldn't say Duff doesn't know what he's talking about.

So yeah, he was the only one able to do this and a great thank you Duff that you cared, that you made this effort and that you did so smart it actually worked as well as it did!

• Like 1