WONDER WOMAN (2017) Comic-Con Trailer

Didn't really enjoy Captain America that much, but WW was something more. The Themyscira scenes were gorgeous. The WW1 scenes were pretty authentic in the mud and the trenches(props to Steve Trevor dropping the grenade from the plane by hand, old school), and Gal was believable as a force of the gods taking down everything that was put in front of her, while still displaying the innocence a newcomer to the modern world should.

Edited by moreblack

Had a free ticket so I checked it out last night.

The opening scenes on the island were really jarring for me; it seemed like something out of an '80s schlocky fantasy film, which would have been fine if everything wasn't so straight-faced.

Then Chris Pine entered the film and it became a lot more enjoyable. All the fish out of water scenes were great, I thought him and Gadot had good chemistry. Gadot nailed the naïveté of her character. The scenes with Wonder Woman in the trenches were again tonally "off" for me; having an immortal fight alongside men is hard to pull off. The first Captain America film didn't quite have this problem as Steve Rogers is only a juiced-up dude, not a literal God.

Some of the editing was a bit off in places (I laughed at the bit where she quickly jumps back down with her sword when first facing Ares after leaving it stuck in Danny Huston).

Villain was a bit weak as per most of these films. Overall I'd say I liked the film, much more likely to watch it again than Man of Steel or BvS which were tortuous for me.

On 13/03/2017 at 6:43 PM, maynard said:

https://qz.com/863177/warner-brothers-and-dc-comics-are-making-an-all-female-supervillain-movie-about-harley-quinn-catwoman-and-poison-ivy/

They seem to be at least considering it. Three very sexy characters on comics. Could make a sexy movie. Resulting in unsexy complaints from very unsexy people.

Thought it was really good. I'd put it on the higher end of superhero movies. Gal was perfect. I like the guy who played Steve Trevor too, he's good in everything I've seen him in. Thumbs up. I'd watch a sequel.

And for a different perspective, my little girl and niece claim it's now their favorite movie of all time and that Wonder Woman is the greatest hero. So in that regard I'd say it nailed it.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, J Dog said:

And for a different perspective, my little girl and niece claim it's now their favorite movie of all time and that Wonder Woman is the greatest hero. So in that regard I'd say it nailed it.

I'm reading a lot of those type of statements around.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

It was good. Its the only DC film that is worth watching imo.

Its not perfect, not even close. It rips off Marvel too much, sometimes right down to the scene. This film adopts too much of the horrible horrible Zak Snyder style camera work. God damn his style sucks ass, please stop with the slo-mo speed up scenes its horribly cheesy. Gal Gadot managed not to muck up the film. She was boring and without charm in BvS, but manages to do fine here.

Overall its a 6.5/10 for me. Light years better than the other DC movies, but still not even close to being a top shelf superhero film like Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Ant Man, or Avengers.

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, moreblack said:

I'm reading a lot of those type of statements around.

Yep. It actually affected them. Not just because of coolness or being a bad ass or gadgets or any of that other superhero stuff. They genuinely fell in love with the character and how she carries herself. I can say I've had to watch just about every superhero movie they've made, and I've never seen one actually reach kids on a deeper level like Wonder Woman.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, J Dog said:

Yep. It actually affected them. Not just because of coolness or being a bad ass or gadgets or any of that other superhero stuff. They genuinely fell in love with the character and how she carries herself. I can say I've had to watch just about every superhero movie they've made, and I've never seen one actually reach kids on a deeper level like Wonder Woman.

Leaving the movie there was a little girl who was so excited and posing next to the card board cutout. It was sweet =)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...