Rank Lies songs (The Final Results)

Damn, no love for Reckless Life!  I love that song.

1:  Patience  (a GNR classic)

2:  You're Crazy  (sooo much better than the AFD version)

3:  Reckless Life  (great, dirty rocker)

4:  OIAM  (great tune...surprised the Republican National Convention didn't feature it!  LOL)

5:  UTLH

6:  Nice Boys

7:  MTTC

8:  MK

12 hours ago, Epson said:

You cannot bother to type 8 songs' names, but you can bother to type that post? :blink:

same applies to you... wouldn't it be easier for you to throw a look every once in a while on the scoreboard rather than navigate through numerous pages in order to update the score..?:wacko:

1 hour ago, wasted said:

A sub question should be why/how/what is One in a Million rated so highly?

my theory is if you don't think it's racist it's musically badass and lyrically fascinating. Or is it Die hard-itisis. 

Or younger fans who think it's a cool song because it's politically incorrect. There's a difference between politically incorrect and offensive though. Political correctness has to do with the use of certain words regardless of the context. OIAM would still be offensive if Axl said "blacks" and "homosexuals". The words just make it worse.

Or Donald Trump supporters :P

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

same applies to you... wouldn't it be easier for you to throw a look every once in a while on the scoreboard rather than navigate through numerous pages in order to update the score..?:wacko:

Thank you by take care me. The navigating process is actually interesting for me. I don't mind doing it (even more, I want to do it).As for writing down the songs' names, you can also write their abbreviations, if writing the full names is taking too much time.I'm sure it's doable in 10-15 seconds.

3 hours ago, wasted said:

A sub question should be why/how/what is One in a Millionrated so highly?

my theory is if you don't think it's racist it's musically badass and lyrically fascinating. Or is it Die hard-itisis. 

Great riff, great vocals, great song. It's a shame we won't ever here it live again because of the lyrics. 

Edited by Epson

1.  Used to Love Her 8

2.  You're Crazy 7 

3. Patience 6

4.  Move to the City 5

5.  Mama Kin 4

6.  Reckless life 3

7.  Nice Boys 2 

8.  One in a Million 1

Edited by MisterNo

7 hours ago, wasted said:

A sub question should be why/how/what is One in a Millionrated so highly?

This song got me in a lot of arguments and in a damn near fist fight in junior high lol.

There was no question that I was a huge GN'R fan in school and when the OIAM controversy broke, all eyes were on me, at least it felt like it.

As I stated in another thread, a lot of my school mates could not understand why I would continue to listen to GN'R during that time, being a black girl. I even had someone tell me, "You're stupid and confused, they don't want you as a fan, they hate you. Have you looked at your skin lately...you're not white." 

Even then I understood what was up. It was simply art. As ugly as the lyrics were, I knew it was characteur and not how members in the band personally felt. 

Our school had the coolest music teacher who gave us an assignment to submit a popular music ballad for our choir to learn and perform. I brought Lies and submitted Patience. She liked it, not sure if she had heard it before though. She picked my song. We were going to learn Patience, that was until parents of some of the other kids complained to my music teacher because they were aware of OIAM. She asked me to bring another so I submitted Tesla - Love Song. Our teacher went with a one from Luther Vandross instead...but this is how all the drama for me started in school surrounding this song. 

OIAM marks an I interesting point in my teenage years. That being said, it rates very high on my list because of it's raw and gritty feel. I love the chord progression, and Axl's vocal delivery in this one is stellar. 

You're right...There is probably a next to nil chance of seeing this one on any set list in the future, (especially with the current racial tension and political climate, here in America at least). However, if the band ever wants some instant press and a bit of notoriety once again, all they would need to do it dust the cobwebs off this one and throw it in the set list lol...

Edited by Tiffani
  • Like 2

So I think people like it because it's either un-pc or rebellious or just kind of interesting with great music. 

It has a darkness that kind of off sets the lyrics and makes them seem more brooding or ominous than just ignorant arrogance. Maybe some of this stuff makes people think it's deeper or better. It's like the difference between Burton and Nolan Batman for me. 

It's just that Patience is the most successful song, so OIAM is seen as the best. Like Nov Rain v Estranged. 

Rocket Queen

One In a Million

Coma

Estranged

Prostitute

are the cool songs

• Like 1