Re-Recording Appetite?

Josh Fletcher, the guy who posted a bunch of pro-shot snippets of what seems to be an upcoming dvd of the tour on his youtube channel just uploaded this:

Are they re-recording Apetite for a 30th year re-issue?

I hear odd background noise in that clip...

I'm not entirely convinced that it's a proper studio re-recording of the song, at least until i hear more of it.

I honestly hope we don't get a re-recording of AFD though. It's a masterpiece which should just be left alone. Especially considering Axl can't do some of the songs (such as SCOM) like he used to. I would much prefer new music...

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 3

Re- recording appetite? pls Axl no , he can sing some songs of appetite good example: jungle, easy, brownstone, get me, nightrain, but in the case of Rocket queen, paradise city , scom he doesn't sounds so good i dont want to imagine him singning You're crazy, think about you ,anything goes just like he does with the songs ( pc,scom, rq, etc)

I don't think they'll do such thing. They know it won't be well received. Maybe they'll re-record 1-2 songs for a movie or something and use the vocals from the 1999 re-recording.

Edited by Blackstar

Just a live a clip, without the crowd mixed in.

Maybe a remaster next year, but no re-recording. How many times does Axl need to record AFD? I think they got it sufficiently the first time around, but re-mix/master wouldn't hurt with some bonus material.

Edited by Tom2112

3 minutes ago, parisrocks said:

Could be cool as bonus material for a reissue of Appetite.  In a filler sort of capacity.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. People are acting like them re recording some songs is going to make the original somehow vanish. I don't see what's so bad about some bonus material. I doubt this is happening though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Just a live a clip, without the crowd mixed in.

Maybe a remaster next year, but no re-recording. How many times does Axl need to record AFD? I think they got it sufficiently the first time around, but re-mix/master wouldn't hurt with some bonus material.

No remastering please. 99% of the time remastering these days just means turn the level up and compress the hell out of it. I would welcome a remaster if I thought it would actually sound better than the original but with mastering practices nowadays I doubt that would happen. I second that there should be some sort of bonus material if a re-release is planned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

I don't think I'd mind if they did tbh. Not as if them re-recording it will somehow make the original album vanish, lol. 

When Ozzy redid blizzard of oz replacing the bass and drums, the original version was no longer available in store or online. 

Worry not, because this is just a live snippet, nothing to get worked up over.

Edited by Tom2112

I hope like hell that this doesn't EVER happen.

The scary thing is, look at what Sharon and Ozzy did to the first two solo records...

RE-RECORDED them WITHOUT the original musicians to keep from paying the guys any further royalites.  FUCKING MUSIC BUSINESS.

Can you imagine a "new" Appetite without IZZY AND STEVEN?! 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AXL, DON'T DO IT. EVER.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Original said:

Who's gonna be the new girl for RQ?  Seriously- didn't Axl say years ago that NuGuns (just barfed a little in my mouth) re-recorded AFD?  No one wants to ever hear that..no one!

Adler has a wife doesn't he?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

No remastering please. 99% of the time remastering these days just means turn the level up and compress the hell out of it. I would welcome a remaster if I thought it would actually sound better than the original but with mastering practices nowadays I doubt that would happen. I second that there should be some sort of bonus material if a re-release is planned. 

If Chinese is anything to go by, Axl isn't a fan of the over compressed, clipping mastering that's the norm.

• Like 2