Re-Recording Appetite?

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Adler has a wife doesn't he?

That would be so fucked up.......Adler's wife and Axl in the studio......

Anyways she is a hardcore GNR fan, so well she won't mind.....

No need whatsoever.  AFD is considered either a perfect or near perfect rock album, from A-Z, by most music/rock music industry critics. And the more time that passes, the more respect the album receives...it's basically become timeless. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Whats with all these re-record/re-release threads. Appetite was released 29 years ago and is pretty much the perfect hard rock album no need to re-record anything which will only be of lesser quality.

The back catalogue of GNR is so small and the guys are getting on that I don't see the point in rehashing old material be it Appetite or CD stuff. Just concentrate on make something new.

• Like 1

Appetite was the right album and the right time with the right guys.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven back in the 80's

No one else could have done it

No need to re record it, IF by chance they do it with Frank and Fortus. I will buy the album and burn it outside the store.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Appetite was the right album and the right time with the right guys.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven back in the 80's

No one else could have done it

No need to re record it, IF by chance they do it with Frank and Fortus. I will buy the album and burn it outside the store.

Not bad, but

I would STEAL the album and then burn it outside the store.  Don't give them the satisfaction of making a dime off this disgraceful and disgusting idea.

• Like 1

THat sounds pretty horrid, whatever it is.

I think the whole re-recording AFD thing is dead in the water, particularly if post this tour they opt to release new stuff. Also wasn't one reason he did it was to 'update' bits, but also to get the nuguns all keyed up to it?

I'd still fucking love to hear the re-recorded appetite from late 90s or whenever it was. Whether it was unnecessary, blasphemous, or otherwise, it would still be intriguing and a good listen. Part of me would prefer to hear that than CD outtakes (or CD II outtakes - if it never sees light of day).

Wasn't it almost released, by some Japanese outfit many many years ago? Maybe someone was wise enough to sneak a copy and its a matter of time till it gets drip fed out :P

http://www.feelnumb.com/2011/01/29/guns-n-roses-sweet-child-o-mine-1999-re-recorded-version/

In Axl’s words,

” I have re-recorded “Appetite”, We recorded all, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with “You Could Be Mine” and “Patience” and why do that?  Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of ’80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up… a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that.”

He continues,

“Josh Freese on drums, Tommy Stinson on bass, Paul Tobias on guitar — you guys know him as Paul Huge, that’s how it’s been written everywhere.  It’s Paul Tobias on guitar, and Robin Finck was on lead guitar, but that… that will stay on some of it. Robin’s guitar will stay on some, but not all. I don’t know what I’m going to do with it, exactly, when I would be putting that out. But you know, it has a lot of energy. Learning the old Guns songs and getting them up, you know, putting them on tape, really forced everybody to get them up to the quality that they needed to be at. Once the energy was figured out by the new guys, how much energy was needed to get the songs right, then it really helped in the writing and recording process of the new record.”

• Like 1

I think there more likely to re-record some of the album for a new Greatest Hits collection with a few tracks from each era, alongside a reissued version of AFD. Some of the songs may also be used on a film soudtrack which i could see been either Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (there's rumors Axl met with director James Gunn) or Justice League (Aquaman/Jason Momoa went to see them in New Jersey on the 24th and was wearing a Guns N' Roses tshirt at Comic Con)

no way i would want that. i rather them focus efforts on all new music then rehashing something thats already perfect.

i don't want a remaster that cranked up to 11 on volume either but i have 2 copies of AFD and flac back up so it wont effect me

Edited by -W.A.R-

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

If an AFD30 re-recordning of the album was one bonus disc of a six-disc box set, I wouldn't mind at all.

But I definitely hope they do an AFD30 mix for a box set, kindalike Steve Albini did with In Utero. Foremost reason for this would be the inclusion of Nightrain without the fade.

If there's ever an AFD re-release, I would want different mixes like you're saying. On top of the Nightrain mix you mentioned, I would LOVE to get the rest of the album as a "dry mix" like the version of Brownstone that's out there. 

• Like 2