Post Your Favorite Album Covers

Tiffani

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another favorite band from my wasted youth...The cover is much more impressive on the actual album as it is a renticular 3D picture of the good Captain standing on his chunk of coke.........

Here is an original issue with the renticular glued on panel

capt_beyond_first_F.jpg

Later reissues did away with the renticular photo 

Captain_Beyond.jpg 

Edited by classicrawker

Another great band from the early 70's....I really love Steve Marriott's (RIP) rock star pose on this cover....digging in for some power cords.....A Les Paul cranking through a Marshall 100W double stack..........when rock was rock............

Humble_Pie2.jpg 

Edited by classicrawker

38 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Very unique band from the 70's and love the cover art

Osibisa_Osibisa_457667.jpg 

Never heard of them. Nice cover too.

22 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Another great band from the early 70's....I really love Steve Marriott's (RIP) rock star pose on this cover....digging in for some power cords.....A Les Paul cranking through a Marshall 100W double stack..........when rock was rock............

Humble_Pie2.jpg 

Omg yes, Steve Marriot was a powerhouse. 

1 hour ago, Tiffani said:

Never heard of them. Nice cover too.

Omg yes, Steve Marriot was a powerhouse. 

Check out Osibisa on youtube......................best way I can describe their music is African rock...............

Yeah Marriott was unique IMHO.......Page wanted him for Led Zeppelin when he was putting the band together but was told by the Small Faces camp they would break his fingers if he approached Marriott.....Supposedly Keef Richards wanted Marriott to replace Mick Taylor in the Stones but he turned Jagger off with his clowning around and desire to sing..........

Edited by classicrawker

3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Very unique band from the 70's and love the cover art

Osibisa_Osibisa_457667.jpg 

The Stones are probably my most favorite band ever. I have heard just about all of their studio material but I admit not knowing all of the inner band personal history and timelines. I had no idea that Keith had ever contemplated replacing Mick. When was this and why? 

That song from Osibisa was interesting. It sounds like what you would get if you put Santana, War, Jethro Tull and The Doors in a room to create lol.