Lenny Kravitz talks GNR on Seth Myers

Just now, emybdc said:

I just love this guy. He's awesome.

"Everybody's really chill.. They're going on time" LOL

I don't think Seth Myers is a big GnR fan, judging by that interview tho.

i think he was just trying to make a joke for late night TV.. his show is supposed to be funny, but Lenny was trying to have a serious talk. Every late night TV host does that 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i think he was just trying to make a joke for late night TV.. his show is supposed to be funny, but Lenny was trying to have a serious talk. Every late night TV host does that 

I know but he was so sarcastic, like when Lenny said his teacher would tell him to leave the classroom to go play his music, and then Seth says "I bet people said to Slash 'why don't you leave just to leave?'". A little uncalled for, IMO.
Not taking this too serious tho, I just though there was a  grain of truth in his jokes.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I know but he was so sarcastic, like when Lenny said his teacher would tell him to leave the classroom to go play his music, and then Seth says "I bet people said to Slash 'why don't you leave just to leave?'". A little uncalled for, IMO.
Not taking this too serious tho, I just though there was a  grain of truth in his jokes.

I agree, that quip about Slash was very odd. He just established that Lenny was friends with Slash, why then insult Slash? I don't even get what his point was. Maybe he had a different joke in his head and botched the delivery.

Out of curiosity, have Axl and Lenny ever really acknowledged each other, or said they were friends or anything? I was watching the Paris version of Always On The Run and Axl seems a little pissed off before Lenny comes out and then he leaves for the entire song.

I wonder if that's why there were no guest appearances this time around?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

@gnr>everything

heres slash talking about Always On The Run and the recording of the song:

http://radio.com/2015/03/09/radio-com-minimation-slash-goes-on-the-run-with-lenny-kravitz/

I think axl walked off the stage because he didnt have to sing! 

Cool clips, thanks. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't expect Axl to stand out there not singing, but he seemed pissed off when he spoke into the mic and walked off, and didn't introduce Lenny or anything. I mean he even talked about Jeff Beck who didn't show up. I don't know, it just stuck out to me when I watched it. :shrugs: Not trying to stir any controversy.

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Wasn't Axl in a bit of a strop during the Paris show anyway? Like the whole way through he's sulking! 

At that point in time there were rumors that Warren Beatty was messing aroud and having an affair on his wife with Stephanie Seymour. Could be why that happened 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Wasn't Axl in a bit of a strop during the Paris show anyway? Like the whole way through he's sulking! 

As I recall he was in some kind of tizzy over Warren Beatty supposedly putting the moves on Stephenie. He went on an extended rant about it before Double Talkin Jive.

^Edit, beat me to it.

Edited by Gorthar
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

At that point in time there were rumors that Warren Beatty was messing aroud and having an affair on his wife with Stephanie Seymour. Could be why that happened 

Yeah he was pretty pissed and his mood was off. 

7 minutes ago, Gorthar said:

As I recall he was in some kind of tizzy over Warren Beatty supposedly putting the moves on Stephenie. He went on an extended rant about it before Double Talkin Jive.

^Edit, beat me to it.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, he was already in a mood for that show, don't think it was anything to do with Lenny. :) 

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

Well GNR won't be choicing Seth when that "exclusive" interview comes around .... ;)

1 hour ago, gnr>everything said:

Cool clips, thanks. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't expect Axl to stand out there not singing, but he seemed pissed off when he spoke into the mic and walked off, and didn't introduce Lenny or anything. I mean he even talked about Jeff Beck who didn't show up. I don't know, it just stuck out to me when I watched it. :shrugs: Not trying to stir any controversy.

I think Axl was pissed (in addition to what was already said) because there was a delay between the previous song and Lenny coming on stage. I think there's a split second shot of them embracing after Lenny starts walking off stage and everything seemed cordial. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

I think Axl was pissed (in addition to what was already said) because there was a delay between the previous song and Lenny coming on stage. I think there's a split second shot of them embracing after Lenny starts walking off stage and everything seemed cordial. 

I just watched the end of the song on the full concert video and you're right, Axl hugs Lenny as he comes back on stage. Good call!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gnr>everything said:

I agree, that quip about Slash was very odd. He just established that Lenny was friends with Slash, why then insult Slash? I don't even get what his point was. Maybe he had a different joke in his head and botched the delivery.

Out of curiosity, have Axl and Lenny ever really acknowledged each other, or said they were friends or anything? I was watching the Paris version of Always On The Run and Axl seems a little pissed off before Lenny comes out and then he leaves for the entire song.

I know Lenny was at the Hammerstein show (opening night) in '06.  He was in the VIP box.  Just to be sure, I looked up an old article which confirms that.  So, with it being basically an Axl solo show at the time, Lenny being there would tell me him and Axl were buddies.  At least in 2006.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/live-review-no-riots-as-guns-n-roses-rock-new-york-20060515

• Like 1

Myers is right up there with Leno as one of the WORST talk show hosts of all time imo. Was annoyed by him from day 1. 

Lenny seems really cool tho, and looks great. I enjoyed his opening act stint at foxborough. The man certainly has talent, as does his backing band.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gnr>everything said:

Lenny was at the Troubadour show and when Axl split his jeans in the crotch (when he broke his foot) he walked over towards Lenny and pointed at him saying "penisgate" and they shared a laugh. Pretty sure theyre friends. As someone already mentioned Lenny was at one of the Hammerstein shows in '06 as well. And there's an interview in 91 where Axl said he wanted Lenny to play some shows on the UYI tour (which didn't end up happening except Paris ha.)

• Like 1