Trainspotting 2 - trailer

Twenty-one years after the release of his breakthrough hit, director Danny Boyle reunites with the cast of Trainspotting for T2, to be released in the UK on 27 January 2017 and in the US a week later. In this first look at footage from the new film, Renton (Ewan McGregor), Spud (Ewen Bremner), Sick Boy (Jonny Lee Miller) and Begbie (Robert Carlyle) are glimpsed in a echo of a scene from the original, standing on a platform as a train trundles through, this time yet more weathered, as Iggy Pop’s Lust for Life plays in the background

I loved the original back in the day and can't wait to see what will be done this time around.

Edited by Jabberwocky

1 hour ago, sturginho said:

"I'm quitting, the Sick Boy method"

"Aye, cos it worked for him!"

"Well Sick Boy is lacking in moral fibre"

"He knows a lot about Sean Connery!"

"That's hardly a substitute....."

I think you'll find the actual quote goes:

'never again Swannie, I'm off the skag'

'are you serious?'

'Yeah, no more, I'm finished with that shite'

''well, it's up to you man'

'Gonna do it right this time, gonna sort it out, get off it for good'

'I've heard that one before'

'The Sick Boy method'

Now gimme my fuckin' blue ribbon geekboy no life sad case rosette :lol:

I've been ignoring reading about this so far - Trainspotting is pretty much one of my all time favourite films. I wish they hadn't done this, I might be in danger in having my own Ghostbusters freak out moment. :lol:

I suppose I will have to dutifully check it out and hope for the best.

On 7/27/2016 at 11:26 AM, Len B'stard said:

I think you'll find the actual quote goes:

'never again Swannie, I'm off the skag'

'are you serious?'

'Yeah, no more, I'm finished with that shite'

''well, it's up to you man'

'Gonna do it right this time, gonna sort it out, get off it for good'

'I've heard that one before'

'The Sick Boy method'

Now gimme my fuckin' blue ribbon geekboy no life sad case rosette :lol:

Look it's been like 20 years since I've seen it alright!

I did love it when I was a teenager though, especially Kelly MacDonald

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is such a nineties film, associated with British chav culture and the heroin craze. It will be awkward imagining Begbie playing Pokemon on his Ipad!

At the risk of an entirely unnecessary argument, they're not called chavs in Scotland... We have a rich lexicon of our own to describe the variety of individuals in that antisocial bracket, including ned, bam (or bampot), radge, gadgie, rocket, roaster, zoomer, heidthebaw, jakey... etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Graeme said:

At the risk of an entirely unnecessary argument, they're not called chavs in Scotland... We have a rich lexicon of our own to describe the variety of individuals in that antisocial bracket, including ned, bam (or bampot), radge, gadgie, rocket, roaster, zoomer, heidthebaw, jakey... etc.

Your national prickliness even extends to the nomenclature of your lowlife sub culture haha?

26 minutes ago, Graeme said:

They're just all much better words :P.

They do not really call chavs 'chavs' where I live either, but 'charvs', 'charvers' - with a r. Scousers usually call chavs 'scallies'. But out of all these terms which are broadly synonymous to the same type of British working class sub culture, 'chav' seems to be the omnipresent one, the one most successful at conveying the entire thing.

It would be difficult enough to describe chavs to Americans besides the fact that they are known by multiple names depending on where you happen to live!

In fairness to the film  Trainspotting though, Trainsporting is slightly earlier, representing the rave/indie Brit pop 'lad' culture of the '90s. I didn't hear chav until the turn of the century. I associate Trainspotting with Euro 96, Loaded magazine, TFI Friday, Blur v Oasis - chavdom arrived five or so years earlier.

Lets face it, its a way to call the working classes of this country scum. 

Also, i dont think Trainspottings a Chav film, those characters are fans of Iggy Pop, Lou Reed etc.  Rentons actually an incredibly thoughtful character with a lot of depth, they're supposed to be showing post Thatcherite society etc.  They are the antithesis of London 90s Loaded Magazine and Britpop era cool.  There is nothing Cool Britannia about those characters.  

Edited by Len B'stard

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Absolute rubbish, unless you are equating the working classes wholesale with chavs - heck, many chavs were middle class.

Translation: for diversitys sake we lump middle class people that try to act working class into the mix too :lol:

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Translation: for diversitys sake we lump middle class people that try to act working class into the mix too :lol:

See I don't emphasis the class so much, albeit it was a craze which emphasised a working class sub-culture, perhaps building on early 'lad' norms. But it essentially spread to the middle classes and consequentially had this 'mockney' thing. For me it was the culture of the moron, perhaps the only sub-culture which promoted stupidity and anti-intellectualism, seeing 'dumbness' as something cool.

Where I live, the North East brand of chavdom, this whiney slow brainless accent was adopted which particularly grated (a bit like the above but in Geordie with terms like 'belter' used).

I do not know why you defend it so much seeing as it definitely had a 'white trash' veneer, and I hasten to bet that many chavs were casual racists.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

See I don't emphasis the class so much, albeit it was a craze which emphasised a working class sub-culture, perhaps building on early 'lad' norms. But it essentially spread to the middle classes and consequentially had this 'mockney' thing. For me it was the culture of the moron, perhaps the only sub-culture which promoted stupidity and anti-intellectualism, seeing 'dumbness' as something cool.

Where I live, the North East brand of chavdom, this whiney slow brainless accent was adopted which particularly grated (a bit like the above but in Geordie with terms like 'belter' used).

I do not know why you defend it so much seeing as it definitely had a 'white trash' veneer, and I hasten to bet that many chavs were casual racists.

See you think like that or intepret it like that but to a great many, the vast majority in fact, it equates to council estate scum and anybody how dares to share their speech inflections.