Trainspotting 2 - trailer

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

See you think like that or intepret it like that but to a great many, the vast majority in fact, it equates to council estate scum and anybody how dares to share their speech inflections.

Speech infections? These are people deliberately emphasising dumbness!

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

See I don't emphasis the class so much, albeit it was a craze which emphasised a working class sub-culture, perhaps building on early 'lad' norms. But it essentially spread to the middle classes and consequentially had this 'mockney' thing. For me it was the culture of the moron, perhaps the only sub-culture which promoted stupidity and anti-intellectualism, seeing 'dumbness' as something cool.

Where I live, the North East brand of chavdom, this whiney slow brainless accent was adopted which particularly grated (a bit like the above but in Geordie with terms like 'belter' used).

I do not know why you defend it so much seeing as it definitely had a 'white trash' veneer, and I hasten to bet that many chavs were casual racists.

I know him. His real name's Christian and he's an English graduate from Doncaster. He used to share a student house with a mate of mine. We nicked his Fanta out of the fridge to use for mixers one night and he went off on one. :lol:

image.png

Edited by Dazey

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I know him. His real name's Christian and he's an English graduate from Doncaster. He used to share a student house with a mate of mine. We nicked his Fanta out of the fridge to use for mixers one night and he went off on one. :lol:

image.png

Is that true? :lol:  I mean obviously its put on but he's a mate of yours?  Nice :lol:

41 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Is that true? :lol:  I mean obviously its put on but he's a mate of yours?  Nice :lol:

Not a mate. More a friend of a friend. I've not seen him in about 15 years or so but we were always friendly enough. 

• 3 months later...

It is ironic as the original provided this,

Sick Boy: It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: What do you mean?

Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed...

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: So who else?

Sick Boy: Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley...

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?

Sick Boy: All I'm trying to do is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: What about The Untouchables?

Sick Boy: I don't rate that at all.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Despite the Academy Award?

Sick Boy: That means fuck all. Its a sympathy vote.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Right. So we all get old and then we can't hack it anymore. Is that it?

Sick Boy: Yeah.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: That's your theory?

Sick Boy: Yeah. Beautifully fucking illustrated.

• Like 1

On 3 November 2016 at 4:19 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I just do not know how that is going to work, seeing them old in 2016. The original was so synonymous with the 1990s.

I feel bad saying this because I usually like to give films a fair shot but I really dislike it so far based on the trailer. 

I can't quite get past the mindset that it should never have been made in the first place. An iconic film like Trainspotting should have just been left be to stand on it's own, now this will probably always be a sub par footnote that the original has to carry.

Totally biased and unreasonable opinion I know. :lol:

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ugh the scenes in the toilet made me retch so i was unable to get past that :vomit:

I ve watched like...literally 40 million times?  When it came out i watched it obssesively,  had a giant trainspotting poster on my wall, had the soundtrack, had the green edition, knew it basically by heart (but i have always been obssessive about films) but this was like...one of THE films of my youth in terms of like, ones that actually came out where i was the right age for, this and Reservoir Dogs i just LOVED.  

It was massive here in England, perhaps it doesnt mean the same thing in the same way the world over.  At any rate its enjoyable just as a couple of films too, with all that cultural phenomenon zeitgeist bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I ve watched like...literally 40 million times?  When it came out i watched it obssesively,  had a giant trainspotting poster on my wall, had the soundtrack, had the green edition, knew it basically by heart (but i have always been obssessive about films) but this was like...one of THE films of my youth in terms of like, ones that actually came out where i was the right age for, this and Reservoir Dogs i just LOVED.  

It was massive here in England, perhaps it doesnt mean the same thing in the same way the world over.  At any rate its enjoyable just as a couple of films too, with all that cultural phenomenon zeitgeist bollocks.

It has pretty big following in Serbia (and I think Croatia, or at least in Zagreb) for example too. It meant a lot here and still does actually. Hype for T2 is pretty fucking big :lol: It's not in cinemas here yet but I did listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWWd-4pi3zQ and it got me hyped even more 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Y u do this?