Nose Job, changed vocals, enunciation

What a st..pid thing is being disscused here??

Cheek implants?? Nouse job??  Youre hilarous.

Im gonna tell u.guys something :    i sing two or three gnr songs with my band, and since a couple of years a go that "axls technique" produces serius changes in my vocal chords, and not good changes.    My throwt gets tired and i feel very forced at times and my vocal chords tends to get bigger or something ,  so i started to mix my normal singing with that "axls technique" using it only when its necesary, and now im doing great and i recovered all my range, my entire voice is tottaly healthy and i even can sing for hour and a half or 2 hours three days in a row.

Illusions tour broke axls unique throwt .. It was too demanding, to long, and axl gave everything..  So i think that axl is doing something similar, heS saving the big guns so he can last longer on the bussines. But 2010 taught us that he recovered his mojo..  When someday gnr give us new music, you'll see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jayrod737 said:

it seems to me, and I may be wrong about this, but it SEEMS to me that many on here are opposed to the idea that he had surgery not because they are experts at spotting surgery, but because they think it makes Axl look weak or insecure or not something their idea of AXL ROSE would do.  But to me, it actually makes sense, not just because of the drastic difference in appearance post 1998, but because we all know Axl has had a rough life, feels shit deeply, he's an artist...and he's world famous, so getting old or seeing shit you don't like can't be a good feeling when millions are looking at you. And if he did anything, a lot of it was leading up to trying to build NuGnR and promote ChiDem, so that was a shit ton of pressure. 

Nah. We all know Axl is the most insecure and mentally instable fucker ever. Having surgery is absolutely something he would do. And he did, but it was mostly only minor crap like botox or face lifts or whatever.

Saying he had some serious plastic surgery like a nose job or cheek implants is ridiculous though. His nose looks exactly the same as it always did (with some minor difference due to aging maybe) and his cheeks have always been the same when he smiles. Just look at some pictures from the 80s and 90s. Or even his childhood pictures. There's childhood pictures of him where he looks just like in the weird VMA pictures.

If Axl's voice sounds higher (I haven't noticed it personally) it's probably from not smoking anymore. Smoking really fucks with the vocal chords.

8 hours ago, jayrod737 said:

The evidence in not conclusive, but these pics in my opinion do seem to show the bridge was wider before and narrower now...and more pointy now. Its not dramatic, but its there.  Its most noticeable on a side profile, which I can't find. 

iu-2.jpeg

iu.jpeg

iu-1.jpeg

A persons nose and ears continually change and grow as they age. That's probably the reason it looks different now.

Edited by Nintari

13 hours ago, jayrod737 said:

Lastly, I noticed how much more he used to slur his words together.  If you listen to the beginning of Back off Bitch from UYI (and many other UIY songs) he really just slurs words together in that mid range rasp whine (sounds awesome), but now he like really enunciates/articulates every syllable.  I first noticed this on Coma.  (UYI - AyyyYoooCaaughtMeinaComaaa...) (NOW - Hey, you, caught me in a Coma)

So if you haven't watched the China Exchange interview yet - do that. He mentions singing with a 'cleaner' voice on CD and that not being popular with the fans (paraphrasing from memory - there's also a text overview of the interview someone kindly did on here too you can check out. He is also working with a vocal coach so perhaps the enunciation thing is just stemming from trying to sing properly. I saw him in Toronto and there were times if you closed your eyes you were transported back to the early days. I think he has a lot of range that he either holds back or lets loose depending on the mood and for the sake of preserving his voice for the long tour if he's feeling strained (just my opinion).

Edited by annablue
typo

Stop complaining about looks and appreciate that we have one of the greatest singers back to performing at a level we havnt heard in years. He sounds great and looks happy.

People like you are the reason people have low self esteem and suffer from depression.

He looks fine for a middle aged guy. He looks in better shape then most 50+ year olds. Get off the wacky tabaccy and dont judge you superficial judgemental wankers.

Takes balls to go out there and sing even though his voice has changed??? $3-4M a show helps you get over any anxiety about a changed voice. I'm sure Uncle Axl isn't too concerned about his voice. 

Edited by Trin9498

40 minutes ago, Asia said:

He certainly did do something about his face, I don't know what, but it just looks weird and unnatural. Duff, Slash, Steven, Izzy, they just aged naturally, Axl looks weird.

Did you look at all the pictures @HeartbreakerWoman posted above? Literally nothing at all changed about his face since he was a goddamn kid.

He only looked weird for a few years, because he had some chemical peels or botox or whatever, or maybe he was sick, but the structure of his face has always remained completely unchanged.

33 minutes ago, vloors said:

Stop complaining about looks and appreciate that we have one of the greatest singers back to performing at a level we havnt heard in years. He sounds great and looks happy.

People like you are the reason people have low self esteem and suffer from depression.

He looks fine for a middle aged guy. He looks in better shape then most 50+ year olds. Get off the wacky tabaccy and dont judge you superficial judgemental wankers.

Yeah, I think Axl looks pretty good compared to most guys his age.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

He certainly did do something about his face, I don't know what, but it just looks weird and unnatural. Duff, Slash, Steven, Izzy, they just aged naturally, Axl looks weird.

i have no proof either, but he's certainly a reptilian. 

fuck

this

shit..........................................................

Imo the nose has changed and it's not down to ageing. The bridge looks thinner, which makes the nostrils seem wider.

I don't think anyone is condemning him for getting work done, it's just sad that he felt it necessary. He was a good looking guy, who probably would have aged better if he hadn't gone down that road.

• Like 3

This thread is really....interesting (as in odd), but I'll chime in anyways.  Back in the dreadlock years (there is a pic in this thread) it looks like he had some kind of botox/chemical peel on his face as it's all shiny and tight and shit.  Other than that he's the same, just a lot older and about 40 lbs heavier.  If he can get to working out with Duff he'll lose some weight and some of his puffiness.  But at the end of the day who gives a fuck because "we got our fucking band back". They are kicking ass again!  I hope they return to Vegas again.... 

10 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Imo the nose has changed and it's not down to ageing. The bridge looks thinner, which makes the nostrils seem wider.

I don't think anyone is condemning him for getting work done, it's just sad that he felt it necessary. He was a good looking guy, who probably would have aged better if he hadn't gone down that road.

The rational explanation to this is?

Do you ppl even know what a nose job is?

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

His nostrils were always wide :facepalm: