Nose Job, changed vocals, enunciation

17 hours ago, maxpax said:

No, there was no nose job...he botoxed and lifted his face though.

The voice changed because his new band played much higher than slash and co...Axl admitted at China Expo that he sang higher in the CD era to protect his voice + the different band... and of course he got older and his voice was a bit ruined as well...

And don't forget....redheads don't age that well...only if your name is Angie everhart.

Mick Hucknall 2016: looks like a rotten pumpkin from last Halloween.

mick-hucknall-net-worth1.jpg

Redheads don't age well because of their pale skin that is extremely sensitive and is easily damaged by the sun etc.

Latinos or black people on the other hand age much better because on their darker skin. Just look at Jennifer Lopez, Sophia Vergara.... Or Lenny Kravitz! The guy looks better in his 50s than in his 20s....damn 

He definitely had some sort of procedure on his face.

And I read an interview with a Adele, where she said she had vocal surgery. Said it was quite common, but that once she had it done her voice was much cleaner, and it took her a while to get sone of edge back into her voice.

I think Axl had this surgery. Definitely in the late 90s and maybe again in 2011.

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

He definitely had some sort of procedure on his face.

And I read an interview with a Adele, where she said she had vocal surgery. Said it was quite common, but that once she had it done her voice was much cleaner, and it took her a while to get sone of edge back into her voice.

I think Axl had this surgery. Definitely in the late 90s and maybe again in 2011.

The only time it's been confirmed that he had nodules removed was in the 80s (by Vicky Hamilton)

Axl sounds great and looks fine. It's always surprising to me how some people on here continue to obsess over his looks all the time. Don't see the point, he's 54 years old and dresses the way he wants and does what he wants. I'm also pretty sure that Axl is choosing to sing the songs in a certain way rather than being forced to. He still has that middle register rasp in his arsenal, just check out the song Got some Rock and Roll Thunder from the AC/DC tour.

Having said that... I for one am happy with how things are going and about how Axl and the rest sound. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

So I only really started the thread to get thoughts on if a nose job could cause a change in Axl's tone...but since we've gone down another road, I just want to make point about plastic surgery. Some people are denying he had it and then reference pictures of a young Axl with a post 2000 Axl with certain similarities as if that proves he didn't have anything but some botox and chemical peals.  This actually doesn't help your argument because the goal of a plastic surgeon in most cast is to make someone look like a younger version of themselves.  What Michael Jackson did was bizarre. He was going for a totally new version of himself.  But most are doing what Axl did...going for a younger version of themselves, so in that case, by posting 80s pictures of Axl with a post 2000 Axl all you're doing is saying the surgeon did a pretty good job.  But when you look at the gradual progression of Axl aging from the 80s and 90s and then see what happened after 2000, its undeniable that he had work done...

iu-7.jpeg1980s

iu-8.jpeg early 90s

iu-9.jpeg 1994

12f0535c.jpg mid 90s

iu-4.jpeg mid 90s

iu.jpeg 1998

everything from the 80s to late 90s is a normal gradual aging process. He's clearly older looking than 1988, but there is nothing unnatural about it.

Then...boom...

653104308.jpg His skin is clearly pulled tight back here.  That's not botox or chemical peel.  that's face life my friends. 

2002-axl-rose-2236126.jpg So that's a "natural aging process" from 1998 to 2001? Cmon guys. 

iu-12.jpeg doesn't look bad here in rio 2001, but obviously had a face lift when compared to 1998

And now that time has gone on, he's aged from when he had the major work done in 1999 or 2000, and things have evened out a bit...111192576.jpg things are starting to look more natural here in 2006, but still not a natural progression from 1998

iu-10.jpeg gradual aging from 2000

iu-11.jpeg present. 

I'm not saying Axl looks bad.  He looks fine. Things look more natural now than ever, but Slash and Duff have clearly aged naturally and have aged wrinkled skin. Not so with Axl. I'm just saying that something major happened to his face after 2000. In the lost years of the mid to late 1990s, if you find pictures of him you can only really tell its post UYI days because his hair is thinner, but his face isn't much different, so its hard to say for sure if some pics are late UYI days or post UIY days.  On the other hand, its incredibly easy to spot anything post 2000 onwards.  That is because there was a major interrupting in the gradual aging process...called plastic surgery.  If he had a nose job, it was the most minor thing he did because it really is hard to tell, but the other stuff is obvious and its very strange hearing people try to deny it. We all love Axl, no need to defend him on this. It just is what it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, James Bond said:

Hey guys, Brian Johnson looked different in 2008 than he did in 1982 and his voice sounds different than it did on Back In Black! Surgery?

I was thin 10 years ago, I was fat 5 years ago, then I became thin 1 year ago and now Im fat again

Fuck......I need to lose weight..... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jayrod737 said:

So I only really started the thread to get thoughts on if a nose job could cause a change in Axl's tone...but since we've gone down another road....

[the rest cut for length]

Umm... you seem to be pretty obsessed with the idea that he had plastic surgery. And seem to be determined to try to convince everyone that it happened. Is there some reason for this?

I think there's one thing we can all agree on....

There's some pictures from 2001-2003 where Axl looks strange as fuck. Idk if he was sick during that time (which could explain the looks, the braids, the cancelled 2001 tour, the quietness between 2003-2006, his voice, the Chinese Democracy delays, etc) or what... Look at the picture of him with the pony tail in the blue jacket. He looks frail and thin... But that was around the time of Rio where he had a decent size belly. Then you have the interview at the basketball game in 2001 where he has no eyebrows.... The Mid 90's-mid 2000's is such a mysterious time in the life of Axl Rose.

On 27/07/2016 at 7:13 PM, Russel Nash said:

Cos there's no nose job and you don't have a valid argument/proof of that?

The proof is in what people see, and what many people see is a man who has altered his face in some way.

He has a history of getting cosmetic work done, so it's not far-fetched to think he's had a nose job. Which isn't some crazy thing, that only crazy people do. So I don't know why you're going off about penis etc as if Axl getting nose job would be some wild out there situation.

On 7/28/2016 at 1:21 PM, Slash787 said:

I was thin 10 years ago, I was fat 5 years ago, then I became thin 1 year ago and now Im fat again

Fuck......I need to lose weight..... 

Clearly, at some point more than 10 years ago you hated yourself and had liposuction performed...about 5 years ago, you had bicep, tricep, and calf implants to look more muscular...about a year ago you had a brief struggle with anorexia...and just recently you were diagnosed with hypothyroidism and chronic fatigue syndrome that packed pounds on.

These are the ONLY explanations for what you've been through!!!   :)

4 minutes ago, Axl4Prez2004 said:

Clearly, at some point more than 10 years ago you hated yourself and had liposuction performed...about 5 years ago, you had bicep, tricep, and calf implants to look more muscular...about a year ago you had a brief struggle with anorexia...and just recently you were diagnosed with hypothyroidism and chronic fatigue syndrome that packed pounds on.

These are the ONLY explanations for what you've been through!!!   :)

No man, All these were caused by a NOSE JOB

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Babooshka said:

The proof is in what people see, and what many people see is a man who has altered his face in some way.

He has a history of getting cosmetic work done, so it's not far-fetched to think he's had a nose job. Which isn't some crazy thing, that only crazy people do. So I don't know why you're going off about penis etc as if Axl getting nose job would be some wild out there situation.

People see what they want to see. Oftenly people see in others a reflection of themselves. 100% psychology.

He has a history of cosmetic work done? Where? Where is that information available, can you tell me?

And also please explain what did he have a nosejob for? His nostrils are still big and his nose is as long as it always was, so what kind of nosejob you get when none of it looks better or smaller or different than before? :question:

• Like 2

Give the man a break he is 54 years old, i also being a ginger had to deal with losing my hair completely bald now but that dont bother me. Also about his weight or anthing I mean Jesus Christ why are people so fucking vain. the next post will be hey Axls farts more now and they smell worse than they did 30 years ago. just enjoy the band and the great shows they are doing. Grow the fuck up

• Like 4