Why's the band determined not to release new music?

A. He's afraid the fans will hate it.

B. He's a hoarder.

C. He's got a big plan to release all the songs both old and new unreleased tracks in one bundle. But he's waiting for the right moment. 

D. He thinks no one is interested.

E. His managers tell him not to release songs.

Edited by Frozen Inferno

36 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Who says they won't release new music with the current line up?

I dont think anyone is saying its impossible.

But lets be real... not a lot has happened recently in regards to new music has it? ;)

I think we will be lucky to get a pro shot blue ray from this tour... thats about all im expecting to be released. :)

Maybe, just maybe it doesn't make sense right now, I mean they're doing a tour right now out of Slash's come back, then comes AFD 30's anniversary that's two world tours right there, but after that happens, they will probably release another album just so they can tour it. I know I hate it to, but is not so uncommon, SoundGarden first reunited in 2010 and they only released an album in 2012, I haven't been following them but I think there's still no follow up for it right now. 

Maybe, just maybe it doesn't make sense right now, I mean they're doing a tour right now out of Slash's come back, then comes AFD 30's anniversary that's two world tours right there, but after that happens, they will probably release another album just so they can tour it. I know I hate it to, but is not so uncommon, SoundGarden first reunited in 2010 and they only released an album in 2012, I haven't been following them but I think there's still no follow up for it right now. 

• Like 1

Slash won't stay long unless there's new music, or Guns N Roses becomes a band that only does a handful number of shows a year. Slash wants to do new music, Axl sounded like he wanted to in the last interview but wasn't sure if Slash would want to (I don't think he wanted to speak on Slash's behalf or say for certain that Slash is helping him make another record) 

eiher way the two want to do something, but I think the fear is there that there will be tension on the direction of the music. 

Its going to be tough, but I think they can work something out and hopefully make it happen

• Like 1

Calm down fellas... theyre working shit right now, its been a bazillion years and lots of bad blood since these guys were together. I'm sure if this tour works for them personally they're going to release some shit in the future.
As much as I'd love to listen to new things, I understand they got to make things work first. 

But theres always a chance Axl still havent changed his vision and will not work on anything Slash or Duff do and will turn to his blood on the water shit again. I sure hope not. 
Patience. 

Edited by default_

2 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

nuGNR was a revolving door thats why.

Agree.

Axl told us multiple times he had a double album... not sure where the second hald of CD is... and i dont particularly care anyway.. same with a remix album. not interested.

My Personal opinion is if axl decides to release anything.. i hope its real new music with this line up.. and/or izzy and steven involved (thats a stretch)... Im not saying its impossible for new music to come out, but if they are embarking on a world tour in 2017.. and thats what it looks like... then we are years away from anything "new" coming out.. so its a bit of a mute point at this stage... 

just my opinion of course

Just now, Tadsy said:

Agree.

Axl told us multiple times he had a double album... not sure where the second hald of CD is... and i dont particularly care anyway.. same with a remix album. not interested.

My Personal opinion is if axl decides to release anything.. i hope its real new music with this line up.. and/or izzy and steven involved (thats a stretch)... Im not saying its impossible for new music to come out, but if they are embarking on a world tour in 2017.. and thats what it looks like... then we are years away from anything "new" coming out.. so its a bit of a mute point at this stage... 

just my opinion of course

I agree, I could see a couple of singles or songs from soundtracks coming out next year though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I agree, I could see a couple of singles or songs from soundtracks coming out next year though.

Id be ecstatic if they dropped a single next year to go with their world tour.. im just not sure where axl is going to get the time for it??? Hasnt he got more ac/dc commitments? on top of rumours aus/nz in jan/feb 2017.. then europe in the summer??? it sounds like a lot..

but hey.. im not gonna be a buzzkill.. im hoping as much as the next person we get something. :)

Just now, Tadsy said:

Id be ecstatic if they dropped a single next year to go with their world tour.. im just not sure where axl is going to get the time for it??? Hasnt he got more ac/dc commitments? on top of rumours aus/nz in jan/feb 2017.. then europe in the summer??? it sounds like a lot..

but hey.. im not gonna be a buzzkill.. im hoping as much as the next person we get something. :)

You never know, many new artists and bands record singles while on the road.

Hes probably slightly more likely to release new music with Duff & Slash in the mix. If anything its A, and also whether to rerecord guitar parts with slash and duff to appease the naysayers of the 1999-2006 lineups, or to keep them as is and be ridiculed for not having Slash and Duff on it. (Or to record Slash and Duff, but mix them in with the original guitar parts, creating a very dense wall of guitars, which will cause the mixers to reduce the volume of sound to accomadate 5-8 guitars, at the same time reducing the perceived volume of the guitars (8 guitars set to -10db will sound way quieter than 2 guitars set to -10db))

Edited by Mendez

I think that new music has been hindered by Axl's perfectionism, and the reunion negotiations which may have taken place throughout 2014 (or earlier). Some may argue that Axl could have released CD 2 before (or during) the hiatus of nuGN'R, but i think there is more sense in waiting to release new Guns N' Roses music with a partially reunited line up.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

You missed off the stuff about issues around record label support, I doubt this was the only issue with previous line ups but it is something Axl has referenced a fair bit on the rare occasions he's spoken. Presumably there is a lot more support for this line up which should make the path easier. If we don't get any hint of new music within the next 18 months I have to assume it's because of internal politics or creative problems.

I was wondering what the pressure/expectations on this is going to feel like compared to the CD era. I hope it doesn't end up being an even bigger mountain to climb (mostly for Axl but for Slash too). The great Chinese Democracy comeback was built up in such a way that it was impossible for it not to disappoint on some level (personally I really like CD but I'm talking on a general perception level).

I have concerns that a Slash and Duff returns album is in danger of suffering a similar fate if it drags out too long. I almost feel like they need to just put some stuff out there in the next year or so to avoid that, maybe it won't be the best ever (or it might be!) but if not we might then get something really stellar down the line because the pressure has eased from that difficult comeback music expectation.

Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone else but it's just something I've been musing on recently.

• Like 2

I think the simple reason for the lack of new music is the fact that this whole reunion is such a new thing still. Just because they're touring together doesn't mean that they're best buddies now. Axl and Sash haven't been on speaking terms for such a long time. It takes time to fix a relationship. They decided to tour together and now they're probably just looking at how it all goes. Surely there's been talk about new music, but one step at a time. They want to focus on touring now, but I'm pretty sure that GNR will release new music again at some point.

• Like 1

Van Halen put A Different Kind of Truth out 5 years after they reunited with Dave, and I think a new GNR album be sooner than 5 years. A lot of bands don't focus on a new album because they feel they're basically giving their music away for free at this point. 

Now with Slash and Duff back in the picture and Axl appearing a lot more motivated i can see these guys getting into the studio and putting out new music in the near future. Duff and especially Slash are not guys to simply rest on laurels and tour for the sake of touring. Once they have toured NITL I would imagine they will be eager for new music.

Regarding nu Guns as someone else already said there was no stability in that band. Added to the fact that Axl seemed content to do residencies and not push himself therefore we were never going to get any new music.

In an ideal world a new song or 2 soon would be great and I don't see Slash returning without a view to releasing new material. 

But what we've got to remember is that we're only 7 months into a reunion of the big 3. IMO this tour and line up has been put together just to get Axl Slash and Duff working together again and build up some chemistry between them. They're the 3 that have the partnership so they need to work first for GNR to have a future. Wether It's the current line up or Izzy/Steven returning later the signs are looking good. Get the chemistry first and an album would be done easily enough.