Guess the Movie by the Quote

Tiffani

Simple. Post a movie quote you dig for others to guess which movie it's from. I will start.

What movie is this from? 

"You're nothing but a rotten, crooked lawyer... supplying the grease that makes this shitty movie business work. You think your life's a mystery? There isn't a dirty cover up in this entire business that I don't know about, and YOUR hand is in EVERY ONE of them... you REEK OF IT!" 

Edited by Tiffani

"Wait a minute...I'm not a complicated man, I like cinema. In particular, I like to see people fucking on film. I don't want to win an Oscar and I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I like simple pleasures like...butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me, that's just something that I enjoy. Call me crazy, call me a pervert, but...there's one little thing that I want to do in this life and that is...I want to make a dollar and a cent in the business."

Ok, this one is very long but dammit, I LOVE this scene, great movie!

"Ok, here's the deal. I'm not here to waste your time ok, and I certainly hope you're not here to waste mine, so I'm going to keep this short. You become an employee of this firm…you WILL make your first million within 3 years. Ok? I'm going to repeat that. You will make a million dollars within 3 years of your first day of employment at JT Marlin. There is no question as to whether or not you will become a millionaire working here, the only question is how many times over.

You think I'm joking? I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya, it's a weird thing to say. I am a FUCKING millionaire. And guess how old I am? 27. Do you know what that makes me here? A fucking senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me I happen to be very fucking good at my job or I would be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're going to go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks...of this firm. Now ya'll look money hungry and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil...doesn't fucking have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the FUCKING smile on my face...ear to ear baby!

You want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet, what's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am...liquid. So, now you know what's possible. Let me tell you what's required.

You are required...to work your fucking ass off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time????? People come to work at this firm for one reason...to become filthy rich, that's it! We're not here to make friends. We're not saving the fucking manatees here, guys. You want vacation time, go teach third grade public school.

Ok, the first three months at the firm are as a trainee. You make $150 a week. After you're done training, you take the Series Seven. You pass that, you become a junior broker and you're opening accounts for your team leader. You open 40 accounts, you start working for yourself. Sky's the limit.

Word or two about being a trainee...friends, parents, the other brokers, whoever...they're going to give you shit about it. It's true. $150 a week? Not a lot of money. Pay them no mind. You need to learn this business and this it the time to do it. Once you pass the test, none of that's going to matter.

Your friends are shit! Tell them you made 25 grand last month, they're not going to fucking believe you. Fuck them...FUCK EM! Parents don't like the life you lead, FUCK you mom and dad. See how it feels when you're making their fucking Lexus payments.

Now go home and think about it. Think about whether or not this is really for you. If you decide it isn't, listen...it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's not for everyone. But if you really want this, you call me on Monday and we'll talk. Just don't waste my FUCKING time. Ok, that's it."

2 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Ok, this one is very long but dammit, I LOVE this scene, great movie!

"Ok, here's the deal. I'm not here to waste your time ok, and I certainly hope you're not here to waste mine, so I'm going to keep this short. You become an employee of this firm…you WILL make your first million within 3 years. Ok? I'm going to repeat that. You will make a million dollars within 3 years of your first day of employment at JT Marlin. There is no question as to whether or not you will become a millionaire working here, the only question is how many times over.

You think I'm joking? I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya, it's a weird thing to say. I am a FUCKING millionaire. And guess how old I am? 27. Do you know what that makes me here? A fucking senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me I happen to be very fucking good at my job or I would be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're going to go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks...of this firm. Now ya'll look money hungry and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil...doesn't fucking have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the FUCKING smile on my face...ear to ear baby!

You want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet, what's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am...liquid. So, now you know what's possible. Let me tell you what's required.

You are required...to work your fucking ass off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time????? People come to work at this firm for one reason...to become filthy rich, that's it! We're not here to make friends. We're not saving the fucking manatees here, guys. You want vacation time, go teach third grade public school.

Ok, the first three months at the firm are as a trainee. You make $150 a week. After you're done training, you take the Series Seven. You pass that, you become a junior broker and you're opening accounts for your team leader. You open 40 accounts, you start working for yourself. Sky's the limit.

Word or two about being a trainee...friends, parents, the other brokers, whoever...they're going to give you shit about it. It's true. $150 a week? Not a lot of money. Pay them no mind. You need to learn this business and this it the time to do it. Once you pass the test, none of that's going to matter.

Your friends are shit! Tell them you made 25 grand last month, they're not going to fucking believe you. Fuck them...FUCK EM! Parents don't like the life you lead, FUCK you mom and dad. See how it feels when you're making their fucking Lexus payments.

Now go home and think about it. Think about whether or not this is really for you. If you decide it isn't, listen...it's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's not for everyone. But if you really want this, you call me on Monday and we'll talk. Just don't waste my FUCKING time. Ok, that's it."

Boiler Room?

7 hours ago, Tiffani said:

"Wait a minute...I'm not a complicated man, I like cinema. In particular, I like to see people fucking on film. I don't want to win an Oscar and I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I like simple pleasures like...butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me, that's just something that I enjoy. Call me crazy, call me a pervert, but...there's one little thing that I want to do in this life and that is...I want to make a dollar and a cent in the business."

Boogie Nights

fun idea @Tiffani. this is my favorite movie:

Ladies and gentlemen, do you like the pelt? Be honest, because some *bitch* stopped me on the way in. "What poor and unfortunate creature had to die for you to wear that?" 

[pause]

My Aunt Trudy, I replied. Walked away ladies and gentlemen, walked away! 

Our apartment was so small, that mother made me play in the oven. Late at night I would listen to the voices of the American masters, Tony Tennille, Debby Boone, Anne Murray who was actually a Canadian working in the American idiom. And then there were the crypto-homo rockers: Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, David Bowie who was actually an idiom working in America and Canada. These artists, they left as deep an impression on me as that oven rack did on my face. To be an American in muskrat love, soft as an easy chair not even the chair, I am I said, have I never been mellow? And the colored girls sing... doo do doo do doo do doo... but never with the melody. How could I do it better than Tony or Lou... HEY BOY, TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE! 

12 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Boogie Nights?

"I'll make you famous."

4 hours ago, JeanGenie said:

"What's your name?

Fuck you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name."

I know this quote but I cannot place it lol....Maybe someone else will get it. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Boogie Nights?

"I'll make you famous."

I'm the star. It's my big dick and I say when we roll. You know what? I'm the biggest star here, man. That's the way it is! I want to fuck! It's my big dick! so everybody get ready fucking NOW!!!!    

LOL..

"

Ok, and one more: 

"I don't think you know who I am. The name's Toby N Tucker. People round here call me TNT. You know why?" 

"Because they're not very imaginative?" 

"Cause I'm just like dynamite boy, and when I go off somebody GETS HURT!!!" 

'Why Jack, tell me why?  Why we gotta come all the way to Cleveland for you to get beat by a moulinyan?  Come on Jack, do the fuckin' right thing here!  I want you to bite him, kick him, do anything you gotta do, nobodys lookin', you know what you gotta do, right hook all over the fuckin' moolie and knock the motherfucker out, you understand, knock him out!'

Edited by Len B'stard

3 hours ago, JeanGenie said:

Aye, Glengarry Glen Ross. 

Ok yea, I knew I've heard that line. It's been a long time since I've seen that one. 

20 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

fun idea @Tiffani. this is my favorite movie:

Ladies and gentlemen, do you like the pelt? Be honest, because some *bitch* stopped me on the way in. "What poor and unfortunate creature had to die for you to wear that?" 

[pause]

My Aunt Trudy, I replied. Walked away ladies and gentlemen, walked away! 

Our apartment was so small, that mother made me play in the oven. Late at night I would listen to the voices of the American masters, Tony Tennille, Debby Boone, Anne Murray who was actually a Canadian working in the American idiom. And then there were the crypto-homo rockers: Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, David Bowie who was actually an idiom working in America and Canada. These artists, they left as deep an impression on me as that oven rack did on my face. To be an American in muskrat love, soft as an easy chair not even the chair, I am I said, have I never been mellow? And the colored girls sing... doo do doo do doo do doo... but never with the melody. How could I do it better than Tony or Lou... HEY BOY, TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE! 

Hmmm.....going to take a wild guess. First one, is it The Devil Wears Prada? 

Second one, Almost Famous??