Reminder to all video takers at the shows - shoot the video screen!

Hey.

It's been a while since GNR has had any shows worth preserving. In 2009-2010 we wound up with some really cool video bootlegs because people shot the video screen to the side of the stage. It looks MUCH BETTER than whatever we're trying to watch from your nosebleed seat on Youtube when you focus on the stage.

So please, more of this if you're going to shoot video:

XOXOXOXOXOX

-TheSeeker

• Like 1

Speaking of taking pics and videos, this is a screen shot of a video I took during the Philly show. When ever Axl came to area I would put my phone down because I didn't want him to see me with it and get pissed off. When I go back and look at my pics and videos I'm pissed off at myself for doing that. But in my head I just saw Axl's smile turn to an angry grimace. Is he over hating people taking pics of him during a concert can I snap away in Orlando without concern?

image.jpeg

Edited by Ecocide

13 minutes ago, Ecocide said:

Speaking of taking pics and videos, this is a screen shot of a video I took during the Philly show. When ever Axl came to area I would put my phone down because I didn't want him to see me with it and get pissed off. When I go back and look at my pics and videos I'm pissed off at myself for doing that. But in my head I just saw Axl's smile turn to an angry grimace. Is he over hating people taking pics of him during a concert can I snap away in Orlando without concern?

Axl said in a very recent interview that he likes people holding up their phones because they're not as rowdy

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl said in a very recent interview that he likes people holding up their phones because they're not as rowdy

Awesome. I don't hold it up above my head but at my chin and turn the screen all the way down so indoor annoy others. 

Thanks for opening this topic. I've been wanting to say the same.

Hope it's not a huge favor to ask to shoot the screen AND hold your phone horizontal for better view. I truly appreciate though even if that's not the case, since it's not an easy task to be holding something at the same position for hours on end, and trying hard not to jump and dance to the songs for the sake of us watching here,  so thanks in advance for all the periscopers! Love you guys!!