Can anyone tell me the names of any recorded/non album GNR tracks?

This may well have been done on here in the past, so I'm sorry if that is the case.

I class myself as more of a casual GNR fan, having the released albums etc and a couple of live shows, but beyond that I am nowhere near as in to the band as many of you seem to be.  I am interested to know though if GNR have got a number of studio recorded non-album tracks (possibly b-sides)?  Ideally original material, but would be interested to know of any covers too.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by EastLondonDan
Thread title made clearer

Just now, EastLondonDan said:

This may well have been done on here in the past, so I'm sorry if that is the case.

I class myself as more of a casual GNR fan, having the released albums etc and a couple of live shows, but beyond that I am nowhere near as in to the band as many of you seem to be.  I am interested to know though if GNR have got a number of studio recorded non-album tracks (possibly b-sides)?  Ideally original material, but would be interested to know of any covers too.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm certain I'll get corrected on this, but off the top of my head I think the only real thing to speak of is Oh My God from the End Of Days Soundtrack. 

14 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Im not sure If I understand your question, but there are quite a few songs

Yeah, this sort of thing, songs they've recorded but never put out on a GNR album.

I'll give them a listen to later.

Thanks for that!

Studio recording of Shadow Of Your Love is on the "Live From The Jungle" EP, as well as the "It's So Easy" 12". It's from the same sessions as "Live...Like A Suicide".

There is also an earlier acoustic version of You're Crazy on the "Welcome To The Jungle" 12".

• Like 1

Aw, no one mentioned Going Down?

It's definitely a little uncompleted but this song is freaking good in my opinion.

Other than that, there's lots of good hidden GN'R songs. Oh My God is pretty good, Crash Diet is awesome. There's silkworms (live only). There's stuff man but you gotta dig for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

The Mentors

Thanks I never knew that. 

I just heard the song by The Mentors on youtube and there is a lot of hate for GNR lol, but the GNR version is so much better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Cornshucker is a cover 

Can you actually call it a cover? Parts definitely borrowed, but not the same song at all.

Or maybe I just don't understand what a cover is.

*not that it matters

Edited by sanity_lost
it really doesn't matter

13 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Not a GNR song, but this has backing vocals of Axl, its from Gilby's album Pawnshop guitars. Axl's solo band also covered it in 2012 with Izzy in London.

Always ask myself why axl recoded this song with gilby and few months later he fired gilby,months or year?