Can anyone tell me the names of any recorded/non album GNR tracks?

On 29/7/2016 at 3:41 AM, sanity_lost said:

Can you actually call it a cover? Parts definitely borrowed, but not the same song at all.

Or maybe I just don't understand what a cover is.

*not that it matters

I write for a bunch of music magazines in Italy and interviewed Duff when Loaded's Sick came out. One of the questions I asked was about Cornshucker.
It's not really a cover: he said it was meant as a sort of tongue in cheek tribute to The Mentors. He llifted the "Cornshucker, a real buttfucker..." line from their song and used it for his tune.

Trivia: if my memory goes well, in his autobiography Duff explains he was offered a spot in The Mentors right after he moved to LA in the 80s, but turned it down.

Edited by Twinaleblood
fixed typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

I write for a bunch of music magazines in Italy and interviewed Duff when Loaded's Sick came out. One of the questions I asked was about Cornshucker.
It's not really a cover: he said it was meant to be as a sort of tongue in cheek tribute to The Mentors. He llifted the "Cornshucker, a real buttfucker..." line from their song and used it for his tune.

Trivia: if my memory goes well, in his autobiography Duff explains he was offered a spot in The Mentors right after he moved to LA in the 80s, but turned it down.

Thanks! I had not heard that before.